Tangled Dirty Mess

Wolftrap

Ok last night I did my firt ACV rinse and my first conditioner wash. When I was done my hair was so tangled and it was still dirty!! What did I do
wrong. Combing it out was horrible. Are ACV rinses for people with relaxed hair or natural hair only? Does the ACV strip the relaxer? That's what I was thinking maybe happened but so many of you do them I could be wrong. I used Suave Humectant for my conditioner wash. My hair was still dirty, I noticed white pin head sized balls in my hair!!It was rough and hard to comb and I have thin hair. Can someone please tell my why this could have happened?

Babygurl

Im sure someone will come along and give you other possible scenarios, but my first ACV rinse went TERRIBLE, I think it was possibly due to me using too much ACV in my rinse, i did one recently after that first time and used less ACV and my hair was slippery and detangled. So it could be that or it could be the conditioner wash.
I seriously doubt that ACV stripped your relaxer, it didnt even strip my semi-permanent color. Sorry about your mishap.

Honi

There is no board.
What was the ACV:water ratio u used? Remember, if your trying out ACV rinses for the first time make a weak solution first and then add small amounts in increments for your next to figure out what works for your hair.

For CO washes I rinse my hair, then use the acv rinse first and then apply my conditioner. I find that if I use it after my conditioner my hair loses it's slip and is slightly tangled.

Wolftrap

I used one tablespoon of ACV to about 1/2 gallon of water. and I rinsed my hair then did the ACV and then put in the conditioner

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I only use acv after using real shampoo. I mix 2-3 TBS of acv and 2 liters of filtered water.

Maybe you had product build-up and needed to clarify first. Also, the Suave Humectant left an icky coating on my hair when I used it for a cond. wash. Maybe you should try a different conditioner. V05's are cheap and they rinse cleaner, IMO.

Honi

There is no board.
Sassy, I use it after a shampoo too but I also use it for CO washes also.

Perhaps you should try another conditioner as Sassy said and make an even weaker ACV using 5 cc = 1 tsp to 1/2 gallon? What about using distilled water instead of tap water?

Does anybody use distilled water to make ACV rinses? If so are the differences noticeable?

Crystena77

Hmmmm. The only think I think I did different then you is 1 tablespoon to one gallon of *cold* water. (You may have heard me screeeeaming- cause it was COLD.)

And I don't knwo if you do this or not but I detangle and comb under running water. I have found this soooo much easier and I rarely have any hair come out...

brickhouse

Honi, I use distilled water when I do my acv rinse and my hair comes out shiny and untangled and I use it as final rinse after my conditioner. I use a gallon jug and put in a little acv and then half fill it with distilled water. This really improve my seborrheic dermatitis but of course I shampoo with Nizoral 2% which is available by prescription only.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Ok last night I did my firt ACV rinse and my first conditioner wash. When I was done my hair was so tangled and it was still dirty!! What did I do
wrong. Combing it out was horrible. Are ACV rinses for people with relaxed hair or natural hair only? Does the ACV strip the relaxer? That's what I was thinking maybe happened but so many of you do them I could be wrong. I used Suave Humectant for my conditioner wash. My hair was still dirty, I noticed white pin head sized balls in my hair!!It was rough and hard to comb and I have thin hair. Can someone please tell my why this could have happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

My sister told me her hair felt terrible years ago with an ACV rinse , that was enough for me to NEVER want to try it...i dont use things that MIGHT make my hair dry or tangled sometimes and might work out other times, i would rather use things i know wont cause possible problems. and i also DID NOT like the sauve humectant , despite the raves about it, it left my hair feeling dry with no slip or softness whatsoever. i only do conditioner washes with thick creamy type conditioners. you might have used to much ACV in the rinse. i cant say much about it though cause its something i would never use

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Wolftrap,
I actually did the conditioner wash last night and followed with an acv rinse to remove buildup if any. What I did was use pantene pro v smooth and silk mixed with what was left of my regular conditioner (clairol 5x conditioner for colored/permed hair) on my dry hair. Did my chores, talked on the phone for hours and when I was ready for my night shower, washed out the conditioner by massaging my scalp only. I proceeded to reapply the conditioner to my hair, left it to shower and when I was done with my shower detangled first with my fingers (I have very fine hair ... not to be messed with), combed with a wide tooth comb and turned on the cold shower for the rinse, mid way to rinsing everything, I poured some acv into the regular laundry detergent scoup, mixed it with the cold water, poured it on my hair and resumed rinsing with the shower while combing. It was effortless and I had the least amount of shedding since I can remember.
I think the key is to detangle while rinsing and always start from the ends to the root. Hope this works for you.