Tracy girl you are a GENIUS!!

I tried this method last night and my hair looked great but this morning when I tried to revive it, it started off looking like a jheri curl.
frown.gif
What is the best way to revive this style so it still looks soft and beautiful the next day or is this just a one-day style?

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
I tried this method last night and my hair looked great but this morning when I tried to revive it, it started off looking like a jheri curl.
frown.gif
What is the best way to revive this style so it still looks soft and beautiful the next day or is this just a one-day style?

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, it's a one day style. I haven't yet been able to stretch it to the next day without it getting all hard & crunchy.
nono.gif

I do a Conditioner Wash the next morning and start over again.
ohwell.gif

AJD, I apply the curl spray last...that second note was just my idea dyslexia kicking in...
laugh.gif

The salerm should be ok unless your hair is REALLY thin...I've used heavier conditioners....
smile.gif

I tried this method as well last night and it turned out great last night! My hair was really soft and had little waves in it. But this morning, my hair felt kinda hard in some places but I was able to revive it with spraying a little bit of water and a little bit more John Frieda Dream Curls.
wink.gif

That night I wore my satin scarf over the 2-3 inches in front of my crown and wore a loose satin cap over the rest of my hair. Is there some other way to wear my hair at night if I want nice looking curls in the morning???

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
AJD, I apply the curl spray last...that second note was just my idea dyslexia kicking in...
laugh.gif

The salerm should be ok unless your hair is REALLY thin...I've used heavier conditioners....
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Tracy!
kiss.gif
I am really hoping this style works out for me as I have a 2 week old newborn and now need styles that "wash and go" very easily. I have always been trying to get this style prior to pregnancy with no success and was too thrilled to see this thread. I'll let ya'll know how it goes!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
UM - WAIT A MINUTE HERE - DIDN'T YOU JUST HAVE YOUR BABY??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, you catch on quick!!!
lachen70.gif
What them chutch folks say... "Vanity, vanity, all is vanity!!!"
laugh.gif

I tried this method, and i'm extremely pleased!!!!!

My hair didn't curl, but this is the best airdrying experience i've ever had. My hair is soft frizz-free and shiny. I have great curls in the sections that curl naturally, but for the rest of my 4a hair i have mostly crinkles.
Needless to say this is a great summer option and I plan on making this one of my primary styles. Thanks Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I tried this method as well last night and it turned out great last night! My hair was really soft and had little waves in it. But this morning, my hair felt kinda hard in some places but I was able to revive it with spraying a little bit of water and a little bit more John Frieda Dream Curls.
wink.gif

That night I wore my satin scarf over the 2-3 inches in front of my crown and wore a loose satin cap over the rest of my hair. Is there some other way to wear my hair at night if I want nice looking curls in the morning???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, how are you ladies putting up your hair at night to maintain the style?

Thank you Tracy! I tried too and it worked for me, I've been getting so many complements.

HairObsessed-I've just been wearing mine in a pony on the second day because I haven't figured out how to make it look fresh with out wetting it again

First night I just lay on my satin pillow case. Second night I moisten it and apply a little leave in on the ends and place it in a loose bun. After that, I need to rewet.

I figured out how to revive mine for the second day.
I wet it w/ a little water in the morning and then I use a bit of the Taming creme and then scrunch. By the time I get to work, it looked just like the first day.
I've been getting great compliments and everyone wanted to know what salon I went to in order to get the look.
It was hard to convince them that I did it myself.
clap.gif
I think I'll be using this style all summer.
Thank you for sharing your method with all of us, Tracy!
smile.gif

Thank you ladies. I like the loose bun and taming creme ideas.

Your ladies are all very welcome...

Good luck trying to keep the boys off of you. Get ready...
laugh.gif

Not at all. It would be better if I could share without being called names (diff. thread - n'er mind...
laugh.gif
) but seeing how well it's worked for you guys really makes it worth the assasination of my character...
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
I figured out how to revive mine for the second day.
I wet it w/ a little water in the morning and then I use a bit of the Taming creme and then scrunch. By the time I get to work, it looked just like the first day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, I am going to try this tonight!

violin.gif

now see you all got me bugging cause i want to try this soooo bad(i printed off this thread) and can't until my soft cast is removed...
darn!
wallbash.gif
censored.gif
crazy.gif

Wow, Tracy! You're technique worked fabulously on my hair! I didn't care too much for the Dream Curls before, but I followed your advice and ended up with fabulous curls/waves! I used Salerm21 followed by L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Taming Cream followed by Neutrogena Triple Moisture Serum. Then I let my hair dry a little bit and applied the Dream Curls and scrunched. This is day 2, and I think my hair actually looks better on the second day. It looks curlier! I just misted my hair with Pantene Detangle Light Leave-in Spray, a bit more of the Dream Curls and scrunched. Thanks for sharing this great tip with us!
kisses.gif

I couldn't wait to try this and it worked very well with Giovanni Direct Leave in, Redken Outshine Hair Polishing Milk, NTM Healing Serum and the Dream Curls!

I posted this in the other thread how well this worked for me. I wore my hair like this for about two weeks straight. Instead of using a scarf in the front of my hair though, I used wave clips to give it some texture. My hair is VERY straight in the front and nothing gets it to curl. So that was great. I used humectress as a leave in and it worked wonders for me. Also the keracare serum works nice too.

[ QUOTE ]
Tee said:
Wow, Tracy! You're technique worked fabulously on my hair! I didn't care too much for the Dream Curls before, but I followed your advice and ended up with fabulous curls/waves! I used Salerm21 followed by L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Taming Cream followed by Neutrogena Triple Moisture Serum. Then I let my hair dry a little bit and applied the Dream Curls and scrunched. This is day 2, and I think my hair actually looks better on the second day. It looks curlier! I just misted my hair with Pantene Detangle Light Leave-in Spray, a bit more of the Dream Curls and scrunched. Thanks for sharing this great tip with us!
kisses.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to try this again this summer!! Tee, I'm going to do it exactly the way you did and see if I get results as good as you did!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
peacelove said:
I posted this in the other thread how well this worked for me. I wore my hair like this for about two weeks straight. Instead of using a scarf in the front of my hair though, I used wave clips to give it some texture. My hair is VERY straight in the front and nothing gets it to curl. So that was great. I used humectress as a leave in and it worked wonders for me. Also the keracare serum works nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wave clips hmmm never thought of that. Is it posible to direct me to a picture of what you are talking about? I wanna make sure I use the right thing the next time I try.

bump

Does anyone have the link to Tracy's original thread? I would like to try this technique this summer. TIA.

Chichi
bdance.gif

Back