Official Bra-Strap By 2006 Thread!

The back of my head should make it, but the front is growing really slow. I did another scalp scrub tonight and added cinnamon essence to my Surge. I'm doing the egg challenge and plan to get back to having carrot juice regularly. The other 2 things I will be adding is triming according to lunar cycles and super strecthing my touch-ups. I'm at 3 mon. now and I am hope to stretch it for another 2-3 mon.

Well, I am seeing fuzz on my balding sides!! YEA!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif but since I am on the no length check challenge until April 2005, I haven't paid attention to growth...Anyhoo..After trying many things to stop the breakage and shedding...I finally drank lots of water the last few days... water... duh /images/graemlins/crazy.gif how many posts on the importance of water! Today I noticed that my shedding/breaking issues are gone!

My hair is coming along ok. I straightend my hair for a trim last month...and I regret doing so! I wont be using heat EVER again! I have another 3-4 inch trim coming up on Wednesday (December 1st) which will leave me around 8-10 inches with about 5.5 inches of natural texture. After that I will have another mini chop in the Summer.

[ QUOTE ]
sillygurl18 said:
I'm doing well I updated my album finally. I probably won't get to brastrap stretched until the end of 2006 though. Does anybody have the same length?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with ya sillygurl!! My hair is probably around 4-5 inches right now...I don't know because I'm on the no checking length challenge, but I won't get to bra-strap until probably the end of 2006, but just so I make it in 2006 SOMETIME!!! I wont check the length until my birtday in April, so I'll be excited to see how far from the TWA I've come!
@Erica78...Where did you get that picture of that adorable little girl?!! She's tooooooo cute!!

Hi ladies! How are you? I'm doing well with this challenge. I just took out my braids last night and i'm far from the TWA stage now! I didn't know how much my hair was growing because I had braids for soo long. I'm really excited. I have a little braid out afro now and it's sooo me!!

I'm in! My hair is about 4 inches below the shoulder, but it grows as fast as a 3 legged tortoise. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I have 5 inches to go to get to the bottom of my brastrap. And since I won't be getting any braids or weave - well, let's just hope I make it...

i am definately in for the challenge! Right now my hair is touching my shoulder, but it is in layers, where the layers begin below my eyebrow. I would love to have a blunt cut at bra strap length, but i doubt i will so layered is fine with me...hope i get there....i will be taking pics every month...:)

[ QUOTE ]
laketta said:
These last 2.5 inches is killing me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Laketta! Stop playing!!! You have 2.5 inches to go!?!
What in da bloodclot are u doing on this thread???

LMBO!!!

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
laketta said:

[/ QUOTE ]

LMBO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I have to say I failed the no measuring challenge /images/graemlins/sekret.gif because I stretched my hair in the back and it is 2.5 inches away. I gained an inch plus between early october and now but it seemes to be taking forever. I am still not doing another press of my hair until at least late april or early may to see the official results.

[ QUOTE ]
laketta said:
[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
laketta said:

[/ QUOTE ]

LMBO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I have to say I failed the no measuring challenge /images/graemlins/sekret.gif because I stretched my hair in the back and it is 2.5 inches away. I gained an inch plus between early october and now but it seemes to be taking forever. I am still not doing another press of my hair until at least late april or early may to see the official results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna go out on a limb here when I say this...ummm..
I think...ummm...you have a good chance...of ummm...
getting to those 2.5 inches in...ummm...2005. /images/graemlins/look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
laketta said:
[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
laketta said:

[/ QUOTE ]

LMBO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna go out on a limb here when I say this...ummm..
I think...ummm...you have a good chance...of ummm...
getting to those 2.5 inches in...ummm...2005. /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I want to be on the safe side.

At this point in my life I will take ANY amount of healthy growth /images/graemlins/smile.gif ...so BSL by sometime in 2006, okay I'm in.

oh yeah the what are you doing to get there...some are in my siggy also:

Eating healthy (more oily fish, fruits), drinking lots of water
Avoiding caffeine and alcohol
Taking Biotin, MSM, Black Current Seed Oil, Silica
Trying to work out 3 - 5 times per week (not doing so hot on this one)
Scalp massages
Consistant moisturizing
Minimal manipulation

[ QUOTE ]
LB_Williams said:

oh yeah the what are you doing to get there...some are in my siggy also:

Eating healthy (more oily fish, fruits), drinking lots of water
Avoiding caffeine and alcohol
Taking Biotin, MSM, Black Current Seed Oil, Silica
Trying to work out 3 - 5 times per week (not doing so hot on this one)
Scalp massages
Consistant moisturizing
Minimal manipulation

[/ QUOTE ]

Minimal heat, minimal manipulation, moisturization, take care of ends. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Yay! I'm in! Shoulder length to bra strap. I think I can do this! Hmm...to keep my pretty "U" shape or go blunt cut. I think "U"

Hi ladies! How we doin on this challenge. I have seen significant growth since I did the big chop. I failed miserably on the no checking length challenge, however! I have my hair pressed now, and when it wasn't I was pullin it down to check the length. I'll be getting braids again tomorrow, so maybe I can get back on track! inchin towards bra-strap!!...

I'm still over here...but I will probably be on my armpit thread for a bit for 2005! Slowly inching toward goal #1.

Happy Growing all!

Count me in on this one too. I need to stop doing things that sabotage my growth (i.e. tiny human hair braids). I think I will be on a no heat challenge from January until at least May of 2005.

http://public.fotki.com/kimdd
4a, Natural (hair is pressed at the moment)

BSL by 2006... I'm In!!

My nape is really close to BSL now :yay:
Now I just have to get my crown, sides & front to grow out....

ok, maybe BSL before the END of 2006 :lol:

I WANNA JOIINNNN!!! hey guys! right now my hair is at my shoulders but the front broke off badly. So now it looks more like a mullet.. lol ( i wear a ponytail) I want to grow it to brastrap but i know i will have to cut off at least 3 inches but im not sure.. should i do it now or later? (i really loove my hair damaged or not) Im thinking later.

Im going to:

get braids for two (months)
not perm my temples or nape til it gets thicker
wash 2x a week w moisturizing and protein
every six weeks do Aphogee treatment
get rid of heat ( :( , i dunno man, i loove my heated rollersets)

umm, am i missing something? let me know

thank you

tuffCOOKiE said:
I WANNA JOIINNNN!!! hey guys! right now my hair is at my shoulders but the front broke off badly. So now it looks more like a mullet.. lol ( i wear a ponytail) I want to grow it to brastrap but i know i will have to cut off at least 3 inches but im not sure.. should i do it now or later? (i really loove my hair damaged or not) Im thinking later.

Im going to:

get braids for two (months)
not perm my temples or nape til it gets thicker
wash 2x a week w moisturizing and protein
every six weeks do Aphogee treatment
get rid of heat ( :( , i dunno man, i loove my heated rollersets)

umm, am i missing something? let me know

thank you

Instead of the heated rollers, have you tried or thought about Caruso Steam Rollers?

Also, don't forget to moisturize daily. I know some people use S-Curl while in braids. I use EP Mango Butter as a daily moisturizer.

natalied said:
Instead of the heated rollers, have you tried or thought about Caruso Steam Rollers?

Also, don't forget to moisturize daily. I know some people use S-Curl while in braids. I use EP Mango Butter as a daily moisturizer.

I really cant help it, I just learned how to rollerset my hair last year and i really cant stop. Its such a good styling. I need something for my edges when it gets unruly. any suggestions?

Also, Scurl on my relaxed hair is too sticky, do you have the same results?

TIA!!

I'm definately in...I'm going for bra-strap by December 2006! I might be pushing it, but hey, it's great to have goals!

misspriss said:
I'm definately in...I'm going for bra-strap by December 2006! I might be pushing it, but hey, it's great to have goals!

Co-signing misspriss. From the look of your ponytail pic...we're running neck to neck already....so I hope we can get to that December 2006 goal girl!

Good Luck and Happy Hair Growing!:)

Back