October 2014 Hits & Misses

oneastrocurlie

@oneastrocurlie

Gross.:rolleyes:

Girl, Don't tell me that.:nono: That's Unfortunate.

The butter I got on swap from chebaby was smooth in consistency. No Grit at all.

Figures, the 1st time I actually break down & buy QB there would be/could be a consistency issue.:perplexed

I just stuck it in the Fridge. Didn't even bother to open it.:ohwell:

That's one good reason I always keep MHC Buttery Soy in my stash.

IDareT'sHair This is my first time ordering directly from QB too. I got my first jar of AHTB off the CurlyNikki swap board and it was nice and smooth.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Oh I can't stand a gritty butter!

NaturallyATLPCH

I can't stand that either! I was so mad when that happened to me with Sarenzo :nono:.

@oneastrocurlie

Gross.:rolleyes:

Girl, Don't tell me that.:nono: That's Unfortunate.

The butter I got on swap from chebaby was smooth in consistency. No Grit at all.

Figures, the 1st time I actually break down & buy QB there would be/could be a consistency issue.:perplexed

I just stuck it in the Fridge. Didn't even bother to open it.:ohwell:

That's one good reason I always keep MHC Buttery Soy in my stash.

IDareT'sHair

I wonder if people can call and send it back in order to get a replacement? I think that is a practice that should be in place.

Miss:

My QB AHTB being gritty. I'm hoping its not going to effect the quality but I really dislike the feeling of applying a gritty product.

oneastrocurlie

I was going to say this earlier but I was hesitant because I don't know if it will work with the 'Ahdewhf' butter. (IDareT'sHair calls it Adhifahsai butter so I am doing that now too because it makes me chuckle every time I see it :lol:)

When I got the gritty butter from Sarenzo, I melted the butter down until it was an oil then put it in the fridge to let it start to solidify . Then while it was still soft I mixed it till fluffy. The butter then solidified further on it's own. After that it was perfect. The Ajdhfhss butter is waxier in consistency, so I really don't know if that will work on it.

IDareT'sHair This is my first time ordering directly from QB too. I got my first jar of AHTB off the CurlyNikki swap board and it was nice and smooth.

@oneastrocurlie

So was mine.:sad: Very nice & very smooth.

IDareT'sHair oneastrocurlie

The one I bought in 2013 directly from the site was smooth too. Did Qhemet have a sale? When I bought mine there was no sale. If there was a sale that may have something to do with it :look:.

NaturallyATLPCH

Gurl..Me Either!:nono:

Nasty.:ohwell:

I'm scurrrrd to open mine and look/feel.:rolleyes:

IDareT'sHair

I really hope that contacting her and getting a replacement is possible. It would be disappointing if that were not the case.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@DoDo

Yes, there was an 18% off Sale last weekend.

Which wasn't 'much'.....but a Sale nonetheless.:look:

It's not worth it to me to go through the 'hassle' of sending it back ($14).

I'll just massage it in extra hard. And know better next time.:rolleyes:

oneastrocurlie

DoDo IDareT'sHair

I kinda scooped some out and the texture was a little better. I suppose the top layer had the gritty feel. However it's still not like my first jar or butter smooth like my PBN hair butter.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hits:

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine to seal moisturizer - didn't cause buildup and moisturizer lasted without the need for reapplying

Tension Blow Drying (on cool) - quicker and easier than roller setting and provided better results than air drying.

Hit: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Shampoo...as a body wash. Made my skin really soft. I will be using it that way from now on since shampoo is out of my regimen.

I gave mine to dh because it's out of my regimen too NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH

Was it from me? I remember selling my AHTB on the CN Swap Board oneastrocurlie :lol:

I bought mine when I had it from Sage Naturalceuticals about two years ago. I sold it on the swap boards because I wasn't going to get to it fast enough and I didn't have an immediate need for it.

The last butters I got from Naturally Amari were gritty. For me to wait almost a MONTH for those things, you know I was 38 hot. I probably could've zapped it in the microwave, etc., but ain't nobody got time fo dat.

How are you going to have a gritty WHIPPED butter? UGH.

NaturalBritt87

Miss:
Shea Mositure manuka honey and mafura oil conditioner and masque :(

The conditioner made my hair feel like I was using a cleansing co-wash, and the curls coconut curlada conditioner I used to detangle with before co-washing made my hair softer than the SM conditioner, smh and that conditioner is just ok. I gave myself a protein treatment by shea radiance then followed up with the masque. Cuticles of my hair felt rough, and not smooth :nono:Hair felt ok overall but not moisturized to my liking. I had to use 3 layers of product to get me hair feeling softer. :ohwell:
Verdict: back to target it goes. I don't even want to try the 10-n-1 as I had the most hope for the manuka honey line. .... FAIL!

oneastrocurlie

Was it from me? I remember selling my AHTB on the CN Swap Board oneastrocurlie :lol:

I bought mine when I had it from Sage Naturalceuticals about two years ago. I sold it on the swap boards because I wasn't going to get to it fast enough and I didn't have an immediate need for it.

The last butters I got from Naturally Amari were gritty. For me to wait almost a MONTH for those things, you know I was 38 hot. I probably could've zapped it in the microwave, etc., but ain't nobody got time fo dat.

LOL. No it wasn't you. I didn't even think of the microwave hmmmm. I might try that . It just doesn't have that smoothness. I have to apply a little pressure to get it in my fingertip too.

SweetlyCurly

Hit: Jane carter 40% sale. Now my list for Black Friday is very low since most of the items I needed were her conditioners. I think I'm good on conditioners now until next year.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
For me to wait almost a MONTH for those things, you know I was 38 hot. I probably could've zapped it in the microwave, etc., but ain't nobody got time fo dat.

NaturallyATLPCH

This right here is what I'm Talmbout with any product.:rolleyes:

Gritty, Half-Full, Separation, Leaking, Wrong Item, messed up Consistency, Cracked Lids.

All of that make you want to Hurt Somebody!:swearing:....:angry2:

blackeyes31626

Cant wait for SSI BF sale to try the Blueberry Cowash

Revisited Hit:OH j&b and bask tapioca pudding
My hair was moisturized all week; I don't know why I stopped using this combo.

Miss:

My QB AHTB being gritty. I'm hoping its not going to effect the quality but I really dislike the feeling of applying a gritty product.

smh I had to go and check mine and it's nice and smooth. Thank God bc I hate gritty buttes too.

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I had a twisting butter from Qhemet Biologics when it launched that was gritty to the eye, however once i scooped some out, and emulsified in my hand, the butter turned into an oily type substance.

NaturallyATLPCH

Surprise Hit: Hairveda Jardin Silkening DC
This worked well as a rinse out and DC. Used it with my Hot Head. Made my hair really soft.

Hit: Jessicurl Confident Coils solution. I used this for my flat twist out and I really like it! Flexible hold, very defined. The exact hold I was looking for. Definite stash keeper.

Continued Hit: Shea Moisture Purification Mask. I am so in love with this stuff as a prepoo/cleanser

oneastrocurlie

Only fair I come back with an update....

Hit: QB AHTB. Despite the gritty feeling, performance was just the same. I did a twist out and my hair is soft and moisturized.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Surprise Hit: Hairveda Jardin Silkening DC
This worked well as a rinse out and DC. Used it with my Hot Head. Made my hair really soft.

Continued Hit: Shea Moisture Purification Mask. I am so in love with this stuff as a prepoo/cleanser

NaturallyATLPCH

Good to know about the Jardin.:yep: Agreed about SM Purification.

It has become my current go-to cleansing conditioner to remove all these heavy oils & butta's.

Only fair I come back with an update....

Hit: QB AHTB. Despite the gritty feeling, performance was just the same. I did a twist out and my hair is soft and moisturized.

oneastrocurlie

Hey Nah......:yay:

I wish I woulda' gotten x2.:ohwell:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit: Crochet Braids

Miss: The time it took to rod this marley hair AND the curls still fell. I'll have to do it again on Saturday or maybe just do a braidout instead of the curls look

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Current Hits:
Oils - Pure Cold Pressed - Unfiltered
(In no particular order)
Extra Virgin Olive
Extra Virgin Coconut
Avocado
Pumpkin Seed
Flax Seed
Hemp Seed
Sweet Almond
Wheat Germ
Jojoba
Argan
Apricot Kernel

*stuff like that*

KinkyGenius

Hit: Crochet Braids

Miss: The time it took to rod this marley hair AND the curls still fell. I'll have to do it again on Saturday or maybe just do a braidout instead of the curls look

Loving my crochet braids as well. I precurled the marley hair and I'm pushing 4 weeks with my install and my curls are still intact.

toaster

I've finally found products for every step of my regimen that I can buy on the ground but that I absolutely LOVE so here's a list of them and a short review.

Hits:
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo- leaves my hair clean, not tangly, and I don't have to handle my hair with kid gloves while parting to apply my conditioner

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner- I use this to cowash, meaning I apply it to my scalp and my hair. It leaves my hair detangled and on my hair it removes all the build up from whatever products I had on it. I wouldn't use this as a moisturizing instant conditioner, but to give myself a clean in between shampoos (I shampoo twice a month, cowash six times a month) this is perfect.

Pantene 2 Minute Moisture Mask- IDareT'sHair I saw you talking bad about Pantene! :lachen:. I bet in 2008 or 2009 you too had jars of that relaxed and natural conditioner that was all the rage. :kiss: Anyway I love this deep conditioner. It detangles my hair so easily, rinses clean, my hair is buttery soft after an hour under my HotHead, and it's dirt cheap. I have a lot of hair and I use a lot of conditioner. I would compare this favorably to the It's a 10 DC which I loved but cost too much/application. And I have to use less of the Pantene, which makes it's practically a steal.

Cantu Naturals Leave In Conditioning Hair Cream- SOOOO moisturizing. I love this little jar. Applies like a dream and my hair always feel soft and moisturized. I apply generously.

Cantu Naturals Coconut Curling Cream- also very moisturizing. Provides a soft hold for my twist outs/roller sets and doesn't leave a crunch.

Cantu Naturals Coconut Oil Shine and Hold Mist- this is what I use to moisturize my hair at night in between washes. It's amazing. I spritz 5 pumps into my hand for each side of my hair and I always have good second/third/fourth day hair. I simply run my hands over my hair with this product, seal (more on that later) and put in 2 or 4 chunky twists for the night.

JASON Biotin Conditioner- I do a protein prepoo once a month and this conditioner leaves my hair strong, soft, detangled, and doesn't make my hair feel crunchy or extra hard after rinsing.

Pure Shea Butter- I always used a butter mix to seal my ends after moisturizing. I loved the SSI Seyani Butter, and since I had staple products for all the other categories I used the sealant stage to indulge in buying handmade online products. You can only read about how everyone's hair smells like blueberries for so long. But after Napp posted that fotki and shea butter I had to get my hands on some. I bought a 2 oz container (don't worry, I'll be back this weekend to purchase like 40 more) of 70% shea butter and 30% coconut oil whipped together. When I say that my hair feels 10 times as soft and moisturized by only changing this one product I am not lying. I've only been using it for 4 days but on both dry hair and wet hair it had wowed me every morning.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
toaster

I may not have had "Patene" but I certainly had similar items in my Stash. *cough*:look:

Learned something new. And it's good to know that if I ever got in a 'pinch' I can rely on this product.:yep:

I truly appreciate all the "Rave" reviews it got.:grin:

Thank You!:hug2:

FollicleFanatic

Miss: SM Tahitian Noni repair masque. I HATE this product sooo much! Didn't moisturize my strands or strengthen them. Just laid all heavy on top of my hair. Real trifling. And it STANK :nono:

^This product actually wasn't that bad. Gave it another try on clarified hair and DC'd under the dryer for rec time and it rinsed out clean. I should have known better to try a new prod on un-clarified strands. Hair didn't feel stronger or softer, but I noticed a difference in smoothness. My curls were poppin! Will make final decision if this makes the rotation when I finish the jar.

Hit: TJ Nourish spa shampoo. Got my hair clean w/o feeling brittle and it's cheap. Cool with me.

Hit: TJ TTT condish. This is wonderful as a cowash! Detangled well, did a nice job of cleansing hair and scalp. The tingle on my scalp felt guud, I bet this would feel amazing in the summer!

PlainJane

Hit: using regular conditioner as a leave in.

Idk why I stopped doing this.

Miss: blow drying. It still doesn't work for me. Breakage galore.