Nutiva Coconut Oil-Who uses this?

PeggyFair

I have been using Spectrum Coconut Oil and my hair LOVES IT! Problem is, it's too pricey at the local health food store in my area. I was searching the net and found that Nutiva sells a gallon container of coconut oil with free shipping for under 50 bucks. The thing is that I want a coconut oil that has a very strong coconut smell like the Spectrum. Can you actually smell the coconut aroma in this brand?

JustKiya

I have been using Spectrum Coconut Oil and my hair LOVES IT! Problem is, it's too pricey at the local health food store in my area. I was searching the net and found that Nutiva sells a gallon container of coconut oil with free shipping for under 50 bucks. The thing is that I want a coconut oil that has a very strong coconut smell like the Spectrum. Can you actually smell the coconut aroma in this brand?

:yep: I actually just got this Coconut Oil through my co-op, gallon size too. It smells DELISH :lick: - so very very coconutty!

Cien

Pink is my signature color
good deal!

I use it!!

and yes you can.....however it's not THAT strong.

I've never smelled Spectrum, but I've smelled the Parachute brand. The Parachute brand has a VERY strong 'coconutty' smell!

I like them both, but Nutiva just isn't as strong as Parachute.

I buy mine from Vitacost.com. 54 ounces for $21.99. Their shipping is $4.99 for any size order...

PeggyFair

:yep: I actually just got this Coconut Oil through my co-op, gallon size too. It smells DELISH :lick: - so very very coconutty!

Dy-no-mite!! And it hardens when it cools right? I keep my coconut oil in my closet where it's dark and cool cuz I HATE when the coconut oil melts! LOL

PeggyFair

good deal!

I use it!!

and yes you can.....however it's not THAT strong.

I've never smelled Spectrum, but I've smelled the Parachute brand. The Parachute brand has a VERY strong 'coconutty' smell!

I like them both, but Nutiva just isn't as strong as Parachute.

I buy mine from Vitacost.com. 54 ounces for $21.99. Their shipping is $4.99 for any size order...

Hmm..I just checked on Vitacost.com and I couldn't find this.

JustKiya

Dy-no-mite!! And it hardens when it cools right? I keep my coconut oil in my closet where it's dark and cool cuz I HATE when the coconut oil melts! LOL

It's been firm, but not as hard as the spectrum, I noticed. Mind, it HAS warmed up as well, so that might be why it's softer.

It reminded me of coconut icecream. :drool:

Cien

Pink is my signature color
Oh, you were saying that you got the Nutiva brand from vitacost, i thought you were talking about the Parachute brand. Where do you buy your Parachute CO?

I bought it at a local Indian/Bangla/Pak store....

PeggyFair

It's been firm, but not as hard as the spectrum, I noticed. Mind, it HAS warmed up as well, so that might be why it's softer.

It reminded me of coconut icecream. :drool:

Cool. I just placed my order direct from the Nutiva site, 49.99 for a gallon plus FREE UPS shipping! YAY!

Moisture2608

Thanks for this thread because I am also a Spectrum buyer, and was looking for something with the same quality but at a lower cost! So, thanks ladies!:woot::woot::woot:

hotcoco

Just wanted to add that I like Nutiva. I bought a large jar from vitacost. I think that it has a sweeter smell and taste than the parachute brand. Mixed with conditioner, it is great as a pre-poo and moisturizer. Mine stays in a liquid state though because I live in a very hot humid climate.

PeggyFair

Well, I got my Nutiva Coconut Oil yesterday and it smells just like Coconut Cake! I used it last night and I'm sold! 50bucks for a gallon with free UPS shipping just can't be beat! :drunk:

CocoBunny

Ooh, I betcha that would be so YUMMY!!! Hrrm, I might start the oil-pulling again - have ya'll been getting wonderful results?

I LOVE it. My skin glows, I have more energy, more restful sleep, whiter teeth and the whites of my eyes are actually white. It's amazing. I've used sesame, sunflower, castor and avacado oils (seperatly ) but coconut oil is my favorite, with sesame oil being a close 2nd.

Here's the thread for others who may not be aware of oil pulling:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=118782

Last edited:

PeggyFair

I LOVE it. My skin glows, I have more energy, more restful sleep, whiter teeth and the whites of my eyes are actually white. It's amazing. I've used sesame, sunflower, castor and avacado oils (seperatly ) but coconut oil is my favorite, with sesame oil being a close 2nd.

Here's the thread for others who may not be aware of oil pulling:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=118782

I need to get back on cuz I keep falling off the wagon. I use Hain's Sunflower Oil and I love the way it makes my teeth/gums look and feel. Do you do it twice per day or once?

CocoBunny

I need to get back on cuz I keep falling off the wagon. I use Hain's Sunflower Oil and I love the way it makes my teeth/gums look and feel. Do you do it twice per day or once?

Once a day first thing in the morning. But I have been considering an evening oil pull also. There are some who do it several times a day but I can't figure out how since I thought you were supposed to do it on an empty stomache or 4 hours after a meal or snack. If I went 4 hours with out eating something even just a handful of almonds, I'd turn MEAN.

brownize11

I'm a newbie and the Nutiva Coconut Oil was one of the first things I bought. So far, I love it!! The smell is "coconutty" but not overwhelming. I even use it on my skin everyday! It's the only thing that works all day for my dry skin!!!!!

The only thing is I bought it from a health food store and paid $12.99 for a little jar ... I might need to look online next time!