November 2014 Hits & Misses

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@JulietWhiskey

How often do you use the Megatek? I used it today. Massaged into clean scalp and a little on hair...left in for about 5 minutes, then rinsed. It had a warm sensation on my scalp. Nice pina colada smell.

Froreal3

I use it every 2 weeks.

After I apply it to clean hair and scalp---concentrating on my scalp and edges and a little on my hair---I sit under my hood dryer for 30-45 minutes on High to open up the cuticles and let the Cetrinioum Bromide penetrate to the cortext of my super fine hair. CB needs a temperature of at least 95 degrees to maximize its benefits and it takes at least 30 minutes to open up the cuticles.

After letting my hair cool down, I rinse out the MT but don't detangle just yet. To detangle I use the Desert Essence Unscented Conditioner in the shower (this condish is protein-free and remoisturizes my hair) and the comb just glides through like BUTTA, baby!

Then I let my hair airdry for about an hour, divide my hair into 6 twist and apply the Desert Essence condish to each section. I then put on a satin cap, go to sleep and in the morning, DC with Giovanni Nutrafix under heat. After letting my hair cool, detangle, rinse and airdry for a little bit, I twist it up with the SheaMoisture Curl Souffle and the Nutiva EVCO and EV Red Palm Oil shortening.

The following week, I skip the MT treatment and just DC my hair with Nutrafix.

But the next week, I'll do this whole process again.

Does this make sense?

And how did MT perform on your hair?

As for my hair, when stretched, it is DEFINITELY brastrap length---at my last LC it was almost to brastrap but now it's to the hooks, :grin:!

And I can report VERY few broken hairs, more elasticity, better curl formation, moisture retention (my hair is MAD porous!), and over all strengthening of my hair. And my edges are coming back!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Hit: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner (black top)

I haven't used this product in several years and didn't remember it being noteworthy. I want to save my expensive products for DCs and leave ins, so I grabbed Tresemme to detangle with.

I don't know if this is the original or new formula, but whatever it is, is awesome. This conditioner is thick and slippery, making detangling easy. New staple.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Hit: MYHC Buttery Soy
- Used it in combination with Bekura Palm Tapioca Hair Cream for a flat twist out Wednesday night on blow dried hair. Had the best hair day Thursday. The set was full and shiny with soft definition. I only used a touch per twist so I know it's going to last a long time. I pineappled last night w/ out any additional product and today's hair looks just as great as yesterday's! My ends still feel great. I can see why this has made staple status for so many.

I never tried the aloe juice but the gel mixed in with my water has been working really really well.:yep:

PJaye

Hit: Finding a full bottle of the old version of Megatek in my stash while packing to move

Miss: Realizing that I don't need anything for BF/CM while packing up all of these hair products, tools and accessories:ohwell:

NubianPrize

OLD SCHOOL IS THE TRUTH IN THIS WEATHER !!

I'm in New England this week visiting family & pals for Thanksgiving . We've had cold rain, snow, wind & dry air inside & out. Washed & condished with Carols Daughter Monoi, used SCurl frizz free
( 50/50 mix with aloe Vera juice is fantastic ) as leave in, then lite Pink Oil moisturizer, followed by BlueMagic bergamot & sprayed again with SCurl mix. Hair stayed moisturized all day despite walking around outside.To refresh I just spray with water or SCurl mix. Those old school products are THE TRUTH on my fine hair in winter. Had mad dryness & split ends last November, nothing worked til I went back to grease.
Those old school products are THE TRUTH on my fine hair in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Barbara

Princess
OLD SCHOOL IS THE TRUTH IN THIS WEATHER !!

I'm in New England this week visiting family & pals for Thanksgiving . We've had cold rain, snow, wind & dry air inside & out. Washed & condished with Carols Daughter Monoi, used SCurl frizz free
( 50/50 mix with aloe Vera juice is fantastic ) as leave in, then lite Pink Oil moisturizer, followed by BlueMagic bergamot & sprayed again with SCurl mix. Hair stayed moisturized all day despite walking around outside.To refresh I just spray with water or SCurl mix. Those old school products are THE TRUTH on my fine hair in winter. Had mad dryness & split ends last November, nothing worked til I went back to grease.
Those old school products are THE TRUTH on my fine hair in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

That's right! :lick: That's why I'm not tossing them out for newer products.:nono:

PlainJane

Hit : Jbco Hair Food

Miss : Herbal Essence One sulfate free shampoo

I've never had anything dry my hair out and harden immediately like this shampoo.