March 2014 Hits & Misses

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: APB Cream in Cotton Candy

This scent is intoxicating. Going to order a couple of puddings to try out in this same scent. Used it as my leave in/styler on my twists, great application.

Major Hit: Sealing my DC with EVOO

I think I'm late to the party but when I got out from under the dryer my hair was so freakin soft. Maybe I did a mini oil rinse? Either way, I will seal every DC I use with an oil before I apply heat. :yep:

Joigirl

Hit: APB Cream in Cotton Candy This scent is intoxicating. Going to order a couple of puddings to try out in this same scent. Used it as my leave in/styler on my twists, great application. Major Hit: Sealing my DC with EVOO I think I'm late to the party but when I got out from under the dryer my hair was so freakin soft. Maybe I did a mini oil rinse? Either way, I will seal every DC I use with an oil before I apply heat. :yep:
Haven't tried to seal my dc with an oil...I will try it today since it is my wash day. The Cotton Candy scent is growing on me too. Once the perfume died down, the smell mellowed to a combo of cotton candy and cocoa butter. Smells great with Bel Nouvo Avocado and Shea hair milk. I am going to try the Strawberry Cheesecake hair cream with my WNG today. Smells just like strawberries (no cheesecake).

NaturallyATLPCH

Haven't tried to seal my dc with an oil...I will try it today since it is my wash day. The Cotton Candy scent is growing on me too. Once the perfume died down, the smell mellowed to a combo of cotton candy and cocoa butter. Smells great with Bel Nouvo Avocado and Shea hair milk. I am going to try the Strawberry Cheesecake hair cream with my WNG today. Smells just like strawberries (no cheesecake).

Now that I think back, that was the only way Curl Rehab worked for me...sealed with Olive Oil.

I think my hair just loves olive oil lol...

Joigirl

Now that I think back, that was the only way Curl Rehab worked for me...sealed with Olive Oil. I think my hair just loves olive oil lol...

I am trying it out now with the Curl Rehab. I am under the dryer. It felt really good going on. It increases the slip and made my hair feel soft. I hope it remains after I rinse it out.

Speaking of the cotton candy scent, try the it in the butter. It smells really good on the skin. Now I want the leave-in pudding or a hair cream in that scent. I just order the blueberry cheesecake, apple pie and watermelon puddings and a cookie dough butter. I waiting on another sale to try more butters.

Joigirl

A hit for me has been the modified pineapple. I can't quite get all of my hair into a pineapple with out over stretching the nape. I decided to try doing a modified pineapple by using a satin scarf wrapped around my hair to hold it up. This works so much better than refreshing with water! My hair has more volume after fluffing in the morning and my curls stay soft, defined and bouncy. Not using water also keeps my crown from frizzing up at roots. Definitely a hit that costs no money.

NaturallyATLPCH

I am trying it out now with the Curl Rehab. I am under the dryer. It felt really good going on. It increases the slip and made my hair feel soft. I hope it remains after I rinse it out.

Speaking of the cotton candy scent, try the it in the butter. It smells really good on the skin. Now I want the leave-in pudding or a hair cream in that scent. I just order the blueberry cheesecake, apple pie and watermelon puddings and a cookie dough butter. I waiting on another sale to try more butters.

Really...do the butters absorb well into the skin? I have been eyeing those butters, I missed the last sale.

Let me know how your DC session turns out. :yep:

Joigirl

Really...do the butters absorb well into the skin? I have been eyeing those butters, I missed the last sale. Let me know how your DC session turns out. :yep:

Yes, they do soak into the skin well and are not very oily. My skin feels soft and moisturized. I have on the cotton candy scent now. I will be buying more. I have the blueberry cheesecake, birthday cake and the cotton candy scent and I like them all. Right now cotton candy and blueberry cheesecake are vying for 1st position.

I'll let you know how my dc turns out.

NaturallyATLPCH

Yes, they do soak into the skin well and are not very oily. My skin feels soft and moisturized. I have on the cotton candy scent now. I will be buying more. I have the blueberry cheesecake, birthday cake and the cotton candy scent and I like them all. Right now cotton candy and blueberry cheesecake are vying for 1st position.

I'll let you know how my dc turns out.

Okay, thanks for the quick review. I will definitely be getting some of her butters when she has another sale. :yep:

Pennefeather

Miss: Darcy pumpkin moisturizer. I want to like this, and I've tried it twice, but it's not impressing me. My hair doesn't feel particularly soft, detangled or smell good after using this. Everyone seems to rave about it , but I just find it "OK"

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to mix it with something else or possibly put on the exchange. I bought the 16 oz bottle.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
On the fence: Annabelle's Perfect Blends Ayurvedic Cleansing Conditioner (very cleansing but not as softening and the particles in that conditioner drove me crazy)

MISS: Naturelle Grow Mango & Coconut Water DC (it felt great under the steamer and the rest of that day; next day was a soft but DRY disaster, only got worse as time went on and I couldn't salvage my hair, had to go ahead and wash sooner than expected)

blackeyes31626

Continued hit: Afroveda Baobab & Burdock Hair Rescue Oil

Continued miss: Shea Moisture gel souffle gel
*note to self: stop revisiting stuff...waste of time and money*

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit: Vinegar and water to spray my scalp after exercising or itching while in these Kinky Twists. This stuff has the base of my twists silky feeling and getting the buildup off my scalp. I might have to incorporate this into my routine all the time.

nymane

Hit: Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla - really good light/medium protein conditioner that doesn't require follow up with moisture DC

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Okay, I only have 25 minutes left to get my Hits & Misses in for March.

Mega Hit: It's a 10 Miracle Leave In. Silky, shiny, soft Curlformer set. That was the only product used. The results were sinful!

Mega Hit: Mizani Iron Curl. My curls came back, :yep: If you know my history, you know that I caused heat damage and/or a setback last year fooling around with a titanium flat iron. Along with GSO and Sally's Macadamia Oil knock off serum as heat protectants :nono:

Hit: Joico K-Pak Clarifying Poo. It clarifys and chelates without leaving the hair feeling stripped.

Hit: Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm. This will be my OTG moisturizing DC of choice. Also, it will be my DC, before any future flat ironing sessions. I was smooth turned out by this product.

Continued Hit: Sedu Revolution 1 1/2" flat iron. Ceramic plates > titanium plates.

On the Fence: Joico K-Pak DPR. IDK, if I was trying too many new products in one wash session or what. I need to use this again. I thought there was going to be fire works and there wasn't any.

ETA: I expected the DPR to have a caramel color like other reconstructors. It was a white cream. Can somebody please tell me if it's supposed to be a white cream? TIA

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Last edited:

SweetlyCurly

Super hit: my homemade flaxseed gel. My hair is incredibly moisturized, smells great because if the fragrance I added and I've been getting multi-day wash n go hair with it. It's a keeper

randi415

Hits: light (spray/spritzes) leave ins
SSI Marshmallow hair cream
Moisture mist leave in
Avocado condish
Can't wait to try more products from this line! I am on day 3 of a TO my hair still looks and feels amazing.
No misses this month.

jeanghrey

Hit: Vinegar and water to spray my scalp after exercising or itching while in these Kinky Twists. This stuff has the base of my twists silky feeling and getting the buildup off my scalp. I might have to incorporate this into my routine all the time.

Regular vinegar or apple cider?