November 2014 Hits & Misses

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
MEGA HIT: MEGA TEK COAT REBUILDER (OLD FORMULA).

This gives me AWESOME growth and retention! EVERYONE is commenting on how much longer and thicker my hair is! It's getting too long to fit under my satin bonnets and shower cap, lol!

HIT: Using Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner under Sheamoisture Curl Souffle Gel.

This gives me RIDICULOUS curl definiton without crunchiness and flakes. And the SAS cuts down on some of the greasiness of the CS , too, leaving me with touchable, soft, moisturized, and strong curls.

blackeyes31626

Revisited Super Hit: MHC Buttery Soy Hair Cream
I used it over aphogee green tea & qb hydrating balm and my hair has been soft for days.

Beamodel

Hit

Applying APB Pumpkin & Fennel oil directly to my scalp right before I applied my DC.

My new growth feels so lush and moisturized. Way better than when I just apply DC to my new growth.

Healthb4Length

Hits

1. Silk dreams Shea what therapeutic conditioning mask--holy! What a nice little gem! No much slip but amazing moisture and made my hair feel like buttah!

Silk dreams mocha silk infusion-nice medium protein and made my hair very soft:yep:

I'll be looking into more products from this line. Any suggestions? Is the leave-in moisturizer equally awesome too?

Sulfur 8 hair grease-- why 'o why didn't I try this years ago? It definitely cleared up any scalp issues I've been having lately and a little goes a long way:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
New Hit:
Hydro Quench Systems Brazilian Chocolate & Honey (with Argan) Cleansing Conditioner

Revisited Hit:
Claudie's Hair Frappe

Continued Hit:
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil
JessiCurl's Deep Treatment

Anaisin

Super Hit: Shea Moisture JBCO leave in, my hair is so soft! I've been in love with it all week but today is just>>>> my coils looks amazing. I apply it to wet hair which never worked with anything else because I'm low po and usually did it on damp hair but it works great with soaking wet hair.

Sealing with jbco/coconut mix

Miss: Me not washing out all of the co wash, white spots in my head. Hate it but when I wake up in the morning after bunning it's usually gone or I just try and smooth it out. This is why I wish I had a hair stylist but no one here knows how to do natural hair.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hits

1. Silk dreams Shea what therapeutic conditioning mask--holy! What a nice little gem! No much slip but amazing moisture and made my hair feel like buttah!

Silk dreams mocha silk infusion-nice medium protein and made my hair very soft:yep:

I'll be looking into more products from this line. Any suggestions? Is the leave-in moisturizer equally awesome too?

Sulfur 8 hair grease-- why 'o why didn't I try this years ago? It definitely cleared up any scalp issues I've been having lately and a little goes a long way:yep:

Oh, you haven't lived if you haven't tried Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream and Razzberry Coconut Affair Healthb4Length

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
MEGA HIT: MEGA TEK COAT REBUILDER (OLD FORMULA).

This gives me AWESOME growth and retention! EVERYONE is commenting on how much longer and thicker my hair is! It's getting too long to fit under my satin bonnets and shower cap, lol!

HIT: Using Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner under Sheamoisture Curl Souffle Gel.

This gives me RIDICULOUS curl definiton without crunchiness and flakes. And the SAS cuts down on some of the greasiness of the CS , too, leaving me with touchable, soft, moisturized, and strong curls.

JulietWhiskey lank please?

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon

@Froreal3

Megatek: http://eqyss-online.stores.yahoo.net/16ounmegreb.html I know the old forumla has just pink or blue writing on the bottle and my bottles have the pink writing. I found mine at a local pet store. The new formula has mulitcolored flowers on the bottle and most folk feel the old forumla is more effective. There are TONS of threads about this product on LHCF!

Smooth as Silk: http://www.massagewarehouse.com/products/giovanni-smooth-as-silk-conditioner/ I buy my SAS from here in the gallon size.

SheaMoisture Curl Souffle: http://www.sheamoisture.com/Coconut-Hibiscus-Curling-Gel-Souffl_p_791.html I buy mine from Walgreens.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@JulietWhiskey

You've been using it to DC with right?

@IDareT'sHair

Yes, ma'am!

I co-wash, apply a small amount to my scalp and ends, twist it up, put a plastic cap on and a hat over it then later in the day, sit under a dryer on high for 30 minutes.

I rinse it out then apply a moisturizing, protein free conditioner to my hair overnight and DC with my Giovanni Nutrafix, glycerin, EVOO, and EVCO in the morning.

Results are strong, soft, moisturized hair with crazy curl definition and retention!

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Pumpkin scented things, especially Darcy's Pumpkinseed Condish coupled with APB's Pumpkin Spice Leave In

I could eat my hair right now!:lick:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
^^Yeah I wanted to know about the original. I heard this is good. How does it compare to Natural Protein Filler? @JulietWhiskey?

Froreal3

Megtek wins, hands down, game over!

I love the smell, the consistency, the performance, everything.

In the past, I used Ovation with great results in terms of thickness and retention, but the reason I stopped using it was because of the cost, I wasn't certain how to incorporate into my regimen and while it worked, it made my hair look CRAZY, :lachen:! It was big, all over the place and just WILD looking!

My hair started to look like that again---until I used the SAS under the SheaMoisture gel and calmed everything down.

So, I'm in love with every aspect of my regimen: the Megatek, the SAS and the SMCS.

Everything works synergistically to give me the strength, definition, moisture and retention I need!

Dag, now ya'll bout to buy up every dang bottle of the Megatek from that lank, :lachen:!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@Froreal3

Megtek wins, hands down, game over!

I love the smell, the consistency, the performance, everything.

In the past, I used Ovation with great results in terms of thickness and retention, but the reason I stopped using it was because of the cost, I wasn't certain how to incorporate into my regimen and while it worked, it made my hair look CRAZY, :lachen:! It was big, all over the place and just WILD looking!

My hair started to look like that again---until I used the SAS under the SheaMoisture gel and calmed everything down.

So, I'm in love with every aspect of my regimen: the Megatek, the SAS and the SMCS.

Everything works synergistically to give me the strength, definition, moisture and retention I need!

Dag, now ya'll bout to buy up every dang bottle of the Megatek from that lank, :lachen:!

@JulietWhiskey what about compared to our beloved Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin Reconstructorizer?

^^Yes. :look: Just bought 2.

Last edited:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@JulietWhiskey what about compared to our beloved Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin Reconstructorizer?

Froreal3
:lachen:!

I'm just glad I got 2 bottles to last me for while!

As for the Aphogee, since they changed the formula and added 'cones, I ain't rockin' wit it. I even wrote the company and they come talmbout, "It's better, just trust us."

:look:. No. No, I will not. I can read and I know what works for my hair and what doesn't.

This reformulation is how I found the NPF as an alternative to the Aphogee. So while I loved the old formula, I can't with the new one...

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon

@Froreal3

OMG.

Doing. The. Most.

Naw, I ain't mad atcha! I bought 2, too, :lachen:! And I might go back to the pet store and get that 3rd bottle tomorrow!

And, naw, I ain't finna tell ya'll where I live, what's the name of the store, etc...game recogize game and ALL ya'll are mad familiar!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@Froreal3

OMG.

Doing. The. Most.

Naw, I ain't mad atcha! I bought 2, too, :lachen:! And I might go back to the pet store and get that 3rd bottle tomorrow!

And, naw, I ain't finna tell ya'll where I live, what's the name of the store, etc...game recogize game and ALL ya'll are mad familiar!

LOLLL!
:yep:

@Froreal3

Please review Megatek when you use it...I can't wait to hear about your results!

I will JulietWhiskey. Of course I have heard about it, but never had the inclination to want to get it. I just purchased my Komaza Protein Strengthener, so I wonder if this is similar. :look: Hopefully I have room for it in my regimen. I do know my hair likes protein.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS

*cough* Me too. I used it several years ago sporadically and I remember how my new growth when I was relexed coming in super thick. Thanks for this reminder JulietWhiskey.

HIT: SSI Blueberry Cowash, love that stuff. AOHSR new formula. I did not have to bust the bottle upside the wall to get the conditioner out. APB LI Spray & BASK Apple Sorghum on sopping wet hair -super soft hair while t-shirt drying.

HIT: Techniques -DC on dry hair. I dunno what it is, but my hair feels awesome after a nice dry DC, topped with oil :lick:.

NaturalBritt87

SuperHit:

My new 100% 19mm mulberry silk pillowcase from eBay. Best part: I bid on it and won. I only paid $13.50 shipped! And the pillowcase is normally $30! I got it in the beautiful claret red color. I purchased it from avasilk.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
SHOPPING HIT
CurlMart's quick order fulfillment (especially during a sale)- Ordered at 2PM today, received a pickup email at 430. I could get spoiled by this kind of service!