March 2014 Hits & Misses

NaturallyATLPCH

Shea Moisture Purification Mask to prepoo

This has always been my tried and true, but the new jars I got, the consistency is very creamy verses the runny it used to be when I purchased in the past. The slip is still there but the consistency is on point now. Continued staple.

Beany

Continued hit: Wild growth hair oil. No wild growth, but softness yes maam

A bit of a miss: MHC buttery soy. It's just ok on my ends. Just sits on my length smh. A great body butter though.

SweetlyCurly

Hit: Annabelle Blueberry hair creme and conditioners. They are so creamy and moisturizing and smell amazing.

Miss: The scents of these two products not staying in my hair. I'm loving these products but the fact that the smell doesn't linger is making me think if I really want to repurchase

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Annabelle Blueberry hair creme and conditioners. They are so creamy and moisturizing and smell amazing.

Miss: The scents of these two products not staying in my hair. I'm loving these products but the fact that the smell doesn't linger is making me think if I really want to repurchase

SweetlyCurly, you can ask her for extra fragrance. I got that idea from FroReal when I ordered because I like loud lingering scents and she (Erica) granted my request. :yep:

Hibiscus30

Hits
Revised Darcy Botanical Herbal Spritz as a refresher (especially with this warm weather we are getting)
Darcy Botanical moisturizing mask

Natural Oasis steamed in after DC (then twist to dry...my hair dries so much faster to 80% rather than putting a leave in then I blow dry on med to stretch hair) oh yeah this med heat stretching is what my hair needs...no more complete air drying for me!

ScorpioBeauty09

Hits: Pantene Pro-V Heat Shield Shampoo and Conditioner, Tresemme Renewal Hair and Scalp Shampoo

Continued Hit: Hairfinity

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

SweetlyCurly, you can ask her for extra fragrance. I got that idea from FroReal when I ordered because I like loud lingering scents and she (Erica) granted my request. :yep:

That's right. My first pumpkin hair cream and spray leave in (before she even started making them in that scent) for sure lingered. Man, I'd be smelling that thing while I slept, the next day at work and everything. :love: The pumpkin is so far my fav scent from her.

SweetlyCurly

That's right. My first pumpkin hair cream and spray leave in (before she even started making them in that scent) for sure lingered. Man, I'd be smelling that thing while I slept, the next day at work and everything. :love: The pumpkin is so far my fav scent from her.

Thanks ladies. I'll give this a try because I love her stuff but definitely not feeling the faint smell. For what products did you request the extra fragrance for?

spellinto

Hit: m&sing my new growth with just a few spritzes of water and Africa's Best Herbal Oil. I'm getting really soft, smooth, and shiny results...and I don't have to run out and buy a new product!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration (for cowashing)
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Annabelle's Ayurvedic Hair Crème
Jessicurl TooShea! (for cowashing)
Henna

NaturallyATLPCH

Thanks ladies. I'll give this a try because I love her stuff but definitely not feeling the faint smell. For what products did you request the extra fragrance for?

SweetlyCurly, Everything I've ordered from her. Well, I've only ordered the creams, but I ask for extra fragrance.

I'm sure you can request extra fragrance for anything though.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
John Masters Bare Shampoo. I still think its a tad stripping, but I also think I used too much and my conditioning results were great, so I partially blame the shampoo. No fragrance and light too.

Annabelle's Perfect Blends Avocado and Cocoa moisturizing conditioner. I'm convinced that cocoa only works for me with protein. It also has Shea, I'm just sold.

Finding my staples. I feel like I just need a good moisturizer, but otherwise, I'm done! Good riddance. My bank account thrives off money.

bronzephoenix

Revisited hit: sealing with organic shea butter.

Continued hit: cowashing with suave naturals almond & shea conditioner

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

EnExitStageLeft

Hit: Giving up tea rinsing....It was cool, but Im cutting it to the minimal. Plus since I've started stepping up the protein and hendigo'ing I see no need.

(PS......I have an tea stash I'm looking to let go of. Pm me if interested. All you have to do is pay 8 bucks for shipping.)

Hit: Giving up scalp oilin'. No need since I bought the QRedew. My hair is so moist alllllll the time now :yay:!

Miss: Washing my hair after another 2 week blowout. Call me spoiled, but bi-monthly washing is the shizz.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hit: Giving up tea rinsing....It was cool, but Im cutting it to the minimal. Plus since I've started steeping up the protein and hendigo'ing I see no need.

(PS......I have an tea stash I'm looking to let go of. Pm me if interested. All you have to do is pay 8 bucks for shipping.)

Hit: Giving up scalp oilin'. No need since I bought the QRedew. My hair is so moist alllllll the time now :yay:!

EnExitStageLeft

Hmmph.:rolleyes: So, leaving my challenges uh??? You betta' stop in and say hi.:lol:

Philippians413

Continued Hits
-Shescentit Tahitian Vanilla & Coconut Leave-In Conditioner - Hands down the BEST liquid leave-in. Moisturizes and softens like no other. Staple Status.
-Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream - Provides lots of moisture and shine. Staple Status.
-Pura Body Naturals MuruMuru Moisture Milk - Love this as a moisturizer. Staple Status.
-Keeping my hair stretched. I have a method of bantu knotting followed by banding that gives me ultra stretched hair - even better than the tension blow drying method.

New Hits
-Annabelle's Perfect Blends hair creams - Great scents and so much moisture.
-Shescentit's Okra Reconstructor - Gives me strong AND moisturized hair.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit: Giving up tea rinsing....It was cool, but Im cutting it to the minimal. Plus since I've started steeping up the protein and hendigo'ing I see no need. (PS......I have an tea stash I'm looking to let go of. Pm me if interested. All you have to do is pay 8 bucks for shipping.) Hit: Giving up scalp oilin'. No need since I bought the QRedew. My hair is so moist alllllll the time now :yay:! Miss: Washing my hair after another 2 week blowout. Call me spoiled, but bi-monthly washing is the shizz.

The two weeks between washing is really helping me.

NaturallyATLPCH

Continued Hits
-Shescentit Tahitian Vanilla & Coconut Leave-In Conditioner - Hands down the BEST liquid leave-in. Moisturizes and softens like no other. Staple Status.
-Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream - Provides lots of moisture and shine. Staple Status.
-Pura Body Naturals MuruMuru Moisture Milk - Love this as a moisturizer. Staple Status.
-Keeping my hair stretched. I have a method of bantu knotting followed by banding that gives me ultra stretched hair - even better than the tension blow drying method.

New Hits
-Annabelle's Perfect Blends hair creams - Great scents and so much moisture.
-Shescentit's Okra Reconstructor - Gives me strong AND moisturized hair.

YES and YES!!

randi415

Hit: revisited kimmaytube leave in mixture. why do we stop using things that work so well.

Mahoganyknots twist technique. My twist look neater, shiny, a nd looks like they'll last longer.

Miss: straw sets, after about 50 I was snatching those things out. I'm sure I'll try it again tho. Lol

Pompous Blue

Hit: revisited kimmaytube leave in mixture. why do we stop using things that work so well.

Mahoganyknots twist technique. My twist look neater, shiny, a nd looks like they'll last longer.

Miss: straw sets, after about 50 I was snatching those things out. I'm sure I'll try it again tho. Lol
randi415
Got a link for her video?

Smiley79

HITS

This time I mixed Nupur 9 Henna with coconut milk and I absolutely LOVE it...my hair felt so much softer! I am very pleased and will stick to that.

Cantu Shea Butter leave-in is still a hit for me.

TeeBee how did you use the EcoStyler gel for your twist out. I am interested in giving it a try as well.

Last edited: