Newbie Challenge 08 P2

TaurusAngel

:drowning: Hang in there Galadriel !!!

:yahoo: APL !!! APL!!! APL!!! APL!!! :yahoo:

:wow::wow:FM your NG is amazing:wow::wow:

Nice progress pics. :sweet: I am going to give the Joico Recovery Moisture a try...I am using the Joico KPak line now.

Good Luck with the stretch :waytogo:..... I am loving the KPak right now myself.

Thanks Klo!!!!! Your hair looks gorgeous as always. :yep:

Hey ladies! Just stopping in to say hi! I really have nothing new. I'm still bunning...I just ordered MT and hopefully it will boost my growth a little.

Everyone is doing GREAT! Congrats on your 6 month transition FindingMe....Galadriel, hang in there with the chilluns....KLo, you JUST now using NTM Silk Touch? Glad you like it...it's a staple of mine.

Luv ALL you ladies. I'll have to keep up with this thread a little better from here on out!

Hey Daephae!!!!! your hair looks so nice. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

pr3tty

Hey Ladies

Ive mostly been in the other newbie thread but just wanted to say you ladies are doing a great job :yep:. I took out my sew in on saturday and now I have a lace front. I really have to take pics. I do not use glue or tape it fits really well I get to take it off at night tend to my hair and put it back in the morning which take less than 5 mins. Since my bad accident last month Im am going to be working really hard on getting my hair back on track. I am 5 months posts and I think I need to relax so I can see whats really going on with my hair.

I will keep everyone posted on my lace front as I will be wearing lace fronts until summer of 09

keep growing ladies​

pr3tty

Hi ladies i am finally updating after missing September. As far as my regi goes, i have been continuing use of my Ayurveda. i love love love it. Some new things i have been using are Silk Elements silken child, Herbal Essence LTR, Cantu Olive Oil, and Aphogee 2 min recon. i really do enjoy these products and they have made my newgrowth a lot easier to handle.

So here are my update pic for this month, i suck at taking my own pics. I am entering my 9th week post relaxer and i haven't had the urge to relax yet. I think i am going to officially claim APL. What do you ladies think?

Your hair looks so good. I would say APL also.... Congrats

Galadriel

Daephae-- I'm right there with you on the bunning! I'm too darn tired to do anything so all I can manage is baggy and bun. Okay, and I will confess that one night this week I slept without my bonnet.
Klo! Your hair is gorgeous as always and it is definitely thickening up. I've got to try a saran wrap.
FM! Thanks for the encouragement. You're awesome!
Pr3tty, hang in there, and I hope the lacefront is going well. Is it easy to use and keep up with? Let us know!
Bign! You'll definitely hit APL this year!
Taurus--once again, congrats on being APL. You're definitely a hair inspiration for me (as well as Klo and FM among others :grin:).
If there's anyone I've missed, please forgive me, I just got in from a night class and I had less than 4 hours of sleep--:spinning:
Okay, I'm going to bed now. Take care ladies and stay safe!

KLomax

Hey ladies! Just stopping in to say hi! I really have nothing new. I'm still bunning...I just ordered MT and hopefully it will boost my growth a little.

Everyone is doing GREAT! Congrats on your 6 month transition FindingMe....Galadriel, hang in there with the chilluns....KLo, you JUST now using NTM Silk Touch? Glad you like it...it's a staple of mine.

Luv ALL you ladies. I'll have to keep up with this thread a little better from here on out!

Hey Daephae
This is the 1st time I used it for a rollerset :think: . It really made my hair feel smooth. I'm going to stick with it for awhile.

pr3tty

Daephae-- I'm right there with you on the bunning! I'm too darn tired to do anything so all I can manage is baggy and bun. Okay, and I will confess that one night this week I slept without my bonnet.
Klo! Your hair is gorgeous as always and it is definitely thickening up. I've got to try a saran wrap.
FM! Thanks for the encouragement. You're awesome!
Pr3tty, hang in there, and I hope the lacefront is going well. Is it easy to use and keep up with? Let us know!
Bign! You'll definitely hit APL this year!
Taurus--once again, congrats on being APL. You're definitely a hair inspiration for me (as well as Klo and FM among others :grin:).
If there's anyone I've missed, please forgive me, I just got in from a night class and I had less than 4 hours of sleep--:spinning:
Okay, I'm going to bed now. Take care ladies and stay safe!

It is very easy for me. In the morning its 5 mins all I have to do is put it on like a reg. wig I dont have to glue tape or anything its flawless and everyone loves it I have the big curls and its beautiful best of all i can take it out everyday and treat my hair

pr3tty

Daephae your hair is coming along so well ur r doing a great job and lil Daephae's hair is so thick and very pretty. I wanna trade

KLomax

It is very easy for me. In the morning its 5 mins all I have to do is put it on like a reg. wig I dont have to glue tape or anything its flawless and everyone loves it I have the big curls and its beautiful best of all i can take it out everyday and treat my hair

Good luck with the lace front Pr3tty :yep:. You have to post pics...I wanna see :peek: Have you considered the UPA (?) clip that Daephae is wearing...I think she baggies her hair when she wears it...and it looks very pretty!!

LivingDoll

Daephae your hair is coming along so well ur r doing a great job and lil Daephae's hair is so thick and very pretty. I wanna trade

Thanks! Pr3tty, your hair is doing great too! You've come so far since you started! :yep: You look like your at about APL...:yep:

Good luck with the lace front Pr3tty :yep:. You have to post pics...I wanna see :peek: Have you considered the UPA (?) clip that Daephae is wearing...I think she baggies her hair when she wears it...and it looks very pretty!!

Thanks KLo, yup...I alternate between the UPA Clip and a Phony Bun. I've gotten some substantial growth by low manipulation and bunning. :yep:

Morenita

I have been MIA big time, but not slacking completely.... I picked up some new products that I love, one being the Mixed Chicks that FM recommended and let me tell you, I fell in love with it the first time that I used it! I really need to post an update. I haven't even taken any pics lately :/ Well, I'm glad that all of you haven't fell off the boat like I have lol. Looking good ladies :D

FM: Do you still use Ojon? I keep talking myself out of buying it...but my hair needs moisture. The only way I can seem to keep it moisturized enough is to cowash every day now, gah!

25Nona

How is my girls doing, I know it's been a while.

My updated pic is in my siggy! I'm so happy after looking at my starting pic and seeing where I am now I really proud of myself. I have been lazy lately, I relaxed my hair on Sunday after a 13wk stretch, I would say that last 5 weeks of the stretch I spent in a bun, I would co-wash with VO5 2 - 3 times a week, DC two times a week, and keep my hair moist. Now that I have a fresh relaxer I'll prob wear my hair down until I'm about 4-5 weeks post then go back to what I was doing with the wet bunning.

I miss you guys, but admittingly my motivation for being on the site the way that I was before has peaked. I still visit regularly, but I do more lurking than anything.

Morenita

My updated pic is in my siggy! I'm so happy after looking at my starting pic and seeing where I am now I really proud of myself. I have been lazy lately, I relaxed my hair on Sunday after a 13wk stretch, I would say that last 5 weeks of the stretch I spent in a bun, I would co-wash with VO5 2 - 3 times a week, DC two times a week, and keep my hair moist. Now that I have a fresh relaxer I'll prob wear my hair down until I'm about 4-5 weeks post then go back to what I was doing with the wet bunning.

I miss you guys, but admittingly my motivation for being on the site the way that I was before has peaked. I still visit regularly, but I do more lurking than anything.

Bign, your hair looks really good :) That uneven spot on the bottom has almost filled completely in. If I didn't see your comparison pic, I don't think that I would have even noticed :clap:

I feel you on the motivation peaking thing. I still try to care for my hair, but I don't visit nearly as often as I used to, and I completely stopped posting. I will get back on the ball though. I may not be as active as some of the ladies on here with 1000+ posts, but dang on it, I WILL have hair to my waist (stretched) someday, and I'm not relaxing ever again! (I hope :p)

KLomax

Looking Good Bign :pant:

The bunning is working for you !!! :yep: Nice progress. I'm caught up (politically speaking) right now ... I swear I can hardly tear myself away....Hopefully my hair is still growing during the general election.

25Nona

Looking Good Bign :pant:

The bunning is working for you !!! :yep: Nice progress. I'm caught up (politically speaking) right now ... I swear I can hardly tear myself away....Hopefully my hair is still growing during the general election.

Thanks so much girls, I'm trying, there has been some hurdles to cross along the way. But I could not have come this far without you guys' help, you've been here listening to my woos and providing counsel and I thank you all for that :kiss2:.

Morenita and Klo, your hair is always beautiful and always has me :notworthy

TaurusAngel

hi ladies!!!! Bign, your hair looks so nice and thick, Keep up the good work. Klo, your hair looks nice as always. Hi Morenita!!!! I just love your avy pic.

pr3tty

I am going to llok into those after my relaxer this saturday. I just have such a huge forehead lol..... But I will work something out. I will post pics over the weekend

pr3tty

Girl whatever ur doing its working just pretty:yep:

CHECKMATE!

I am going to llok into those after my relaxer this saturday. I just have such a huge forehead lol..... But I will work something out. I will post pics over the weekend

I just wanted to tell u that you have made great progress...keep up the good work:yep:

Morenita

Thanks so much girls, I'm trying, there has been some hurdles to cross along the way. But I could not have come this far without you guys' help, you've been here listening to my woos and providing counsel and I thank you all for that :kiss2:.

Morenita and Klo, your hair is always beautiful and always has me :notworthy

hi ladies!!!! Bign, your hair looks so nice and thick, Keep up the good work. Klo, your hair looks nice as always. Hi Morenita!!!! I just love your avy pic.

Aww! Thanks ladies! That made me smile. :) I feel so bummed out sometimes since I'm transitioning and all, I can't really enjoy my hair like I really want to. I keep kicking myself for not sticking with my original transition 2 years ago. I got to about 6 months post and since I hadn't found LHCF or any other board for that matter, I caved and relaxed b/c I didn't know how to deal with the awful tangling.

My avy was my birthday pic. :yep: I thought I'd treat myself and straighten it and wear it down. It was so hot that day the curls ended up falling eventually though, but I enjoyed it for as long as I could :look:

I promise I will take lots of pics for the November update :) I think I'll do a rollerset for Halloween. :spinning: :flyingwit

Solitude

I thought I joined this challenge back in July when I joined LHCF.....funny, I even have it listed w/ my challenges! Anyhow, I am so happy with the progress that I've made since joining. My only goal was full/ healthy SL & I will definitely make that by the end of Dec judging from my progress pics. Happy hair growing, ladies!

Morenita

Ok, it's been a while since I posted pics, so here's my official November update pic :) This was just a lazy braidout. I put my hair in a low braid and took it out a day later. I'm not sure if I can claim MBL yet, but I know I'm past BSL. I will take a length shot soon...:drunk:

Ahh I know! I just ordered some more henna. I'll take a pic after I henna my hair. This will be my first henna since I messed it up last time, but I'm not worried since I know where I went wrong before... No dang on citrus juices this time :nono: Olive oil is all I'm using...

Last edited:

TaurusAngel

I thought I joined this challenge back in July when I joined LHCF.....funny, I even have it listed w/ my challenges! Anyhow, I am so happy with the progress that I've made since joining. My only goal was full/ healthy SL & I will definitely make that by the end of Dec judging from my progress pics. Happy hair growing, ladies!

Happy growing to you. Your hair is so pretty!
Ok, it's been a while since I posted pics, so here's my official November update pic :) This was just a lazy braidout. I put my hair in a low braid and took it out a day later. I'm not sure if I can claim MBL yet, but I know I'm past BSL. I will take a length shot soon...:drunk:

Ahh I know! I just ordered some more henna. I'll take a pic after I henna my hair. This will be my first henna since I messed it up last time, but I'm not worried since I know where I went wrong before... No dang on citrus juices this time :nono: Olive oil is all I'm using...

I love your hair!!!!! Its so pretty Morenita.

leona2025

Hey Ladies,

I can't even remember the last time I posted here. I'm keeping up with my reggie. DCing 1 or 2 times a week although I have been through so many products. I love experimenting with new DCs. I had a issue with my relaxer. My last 3 touch-ups didn't take at all. So I decided I might need to use a Super, but after everyone said the only use regular I just switch relaxers. I'm using ORS no lye relaxer and I love it so far, but that patch of hair at my crown just never gets straight anymore.:perplexedI did a red rinse on my hair and the color came out really well. I think I've passed BSL. So now I'm on the mission for MBL. I don't think I can handle anything longer than that, but well see. I've kept up with the rollersetting, but I use flexi rods now and I use them just like magnetics, but they are soft and easy to sleep in. Ok I add some pics and you can see more in my fotki.

pr3tty

Hey Ladies,

I can't even remember the last time I posted here. I'm keeping up with my reggie. DCing 1 or 2 times a week although I have been through so many products. I love experimenting with new DCs. I had a issue with my relaxer. My last 3 touch-ups didn't take at all. So I decided I might need to use a Super, but after everyone said the only use regular I just switch relaxers. I'm using ORS no lye relaxer and I love it so far, but that patch of hair at my crown just never gets straight anymore.:perplexedI did a red rinse on my hair and the color came out really well. I think I've passed BSL. So now I'm on the mission for MBL. I don't think I can handle anything longer than that, but well see. I've kept up with the rollersetting, but I use flexi rods now and I use them just like magnetics, but they are soft and easy to sleep in. Ok I add some pics and you can see more in my fotki.

Wow u have made great progress. I need to be doing what ur doing bc it sure is working.

leona2025

Wow u have made great progress. I need to be doing what ur doing bc it sure is working.

Thanks girl. I was feeling really sad about my progress. I thought after 9 months it would be way longer, but I'm learning to love it every length and it is so much healthier.

25Nona

Hey Ladies,

Leona you have made some great progress, I especially can see the difference in the pic with the Tee shirt you took in Feb and and now, then your hair fell above the logo, now it is well below. Congratulations! and good job.