Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

MsMontoute

Hi Ladies,
I just posted this to the MT/OCT board but I wanted to share it with my other fellow newbies :)

Hi Ladies,
It has been a minute since I checked in “waving” but I am beginning Week 6 Post-Relax using my MT/Oil Mix. First, I have to say that I have NOT been keeping up with it like I should…I am on average applying it only 2 times a week. My goals was/is to have 2 nights of application followed by my co-wash, twice a week. I will do better for these last 4 week…But I am definitely seeing my edges and matching bald spots “fill in” which I am tooo excited about. And my hair is stronger (no more hair popping off at the slightest pull..YAY!!!) and I think I have overall increased thickness but it is hard to tell with all the NG!!

Anyhoo, usually by this point in my relax cycle, my new growth is starting to be unmanageable, but since the MT/Oil, it has come in pretty soft and curly and comb-able…LOL Also, I think I will have length just by virtue of 1) my hair growing and 2) retention, which I credit the MT/Oil mix with but also, rolling, wrapping and bunn-ing my hair, using a 1 minute silk reconstructor, moisturizing and sealing my ends and my co-washes with LeKair Shea Butter (which I highly recommend for ladies to try, it leaves my hair really soft), using a leave in and a heat protectant for drying etc. So my overall regimen is getting 2 thumbs up from me!

Also, I know ya’ll were talking about this earlier, but I am definitely going to keep using the MT/Oil mixture indefinitely because I think it is also keeping my scalp moisturized and healthy and I like what it is doing for my hair…Also, I will be starting to add the OCT to this mix shortly (maybe after this next relaxer) because although the thickness is great and healthy, I would really like to see some more length.

With respect to stretching, I am aiming for between 10-11 weeks this time around. After my next relaxer in December, I will post my progress pics. My immediate goal is to make it to 12 weeks for the next relaxer go’round.

pr3tty

Hi Ladies,
I just posted this to the MT/OCT board but I wanted to share it with my other fellow newbies :)

Hi Ladies,
It has been a minute since I checked in “waving” but I am beginning Week 6 Post-Relax using my MT/Oil Mix. First, I have to say that I have NOT been keeping up with it like I should…I am on average applying it only 2 times a week. My goals was/is to have 2 nights of application followed by my co-wash, twice a week. I will do better for these last 4 week…But I am definitely seeing my edges and matching bald spots “fill in” which I am tooo excited about. And my hair is stronger (no more hair popping off at the slightest pull..YAY!!!) and I think I have overall increased thickness but it is hard to tell with all the NG!!

Anyhoo, usually by this point in my relax cycle, my new growth is starting to be unmanageable, but since the MT/Oil, it has come in pretty soft and curly and comb-able…LOL Also, I think I will have length just by virtue of 1) my hair growing and 2) retention, which I credit the MT/Oil mix with but also, rolling, wrapping and bunn-ing my hair, using a 1 minute silk reconstructor, moisturizing and sealing my ends and my co-washes with LeKair Shea Butter (which I highly recommend for ladies to try, it leaves my hair really soft), using a leave in and a heat protectant for drying etc. So my overall regimen is getting 2 thumbs up from me!

Also, I know ya’ll were talking about this earlier, but I am definitely going to keep using the MT/Oil mixture indefinitely because I think it is also keeping my scalp moisturized and healthy and I like what it is doing for my hair…Also, I will be starting to add the OCT to this mix shortly (maybe after this next relaxer) because although the thickness is great and healthy, I would really like to see some more length.

With respect to stretching, I am aiming for between 10-11 weeks this time around. After my next relaxer in December, I will post my progress pics. My immediate goal is to make it to 12 weeks for the next relaxer go’round.

Are you shedding from MT? or did you?

MsMontoute

Actually no not really, I did get some minor itchiness, but that could be a combination of other factors. I think I was shedding more before I started my journey. When I comb my hair, I would say that I usually see no hair on the floor, and not anything noticeable in the comb but I know that I have to moisturize and seal every day after using it because I think it is a little drying.

But I also don't use MT Raw, I mix it with whatever oil I happen to have handy...and also, I bought a bottle of garlic shampoo that I am going to mix in with my cowash 2 times a week, but other than that, I think it has been good.

Hope this helps!

mistee11

Ladies, I haven't checked in here in a while... I'm goin thru it y'all. I'm kinda depressed cause I'm still unemployed but I know things will get better. I lost my job after 7 years of service due to another bank merging. Penny pinchin' to say the least - no perms, nails, new fashions -- you know the deal. I'm just thankful that God has blessed me to see another year and to see history be made with the election of Barack Obama! Hairwise, I'm not sure if it's the relaxer stretching or stress... probably a combination of both that has caused a set back. I've experienced some major breakage but Mega Tek is come to the rescue! :lachen: I have to give God thanks for the little things ya know! Actually I consider it a big thing because I won the MegaTek November 2008 Giveaway! :yay::yay: Anyhoo, let's hope that I get serious results with it -- I can feel the growth already...

Thanks for the well wishes TaurusAngel! I'm sorry for the delay in welcome response and I am feeling better.

MsMontoute

Ladies, I haven't checked in here in a while... I'm goin thru it y'all. I'm kinda depressed cause I'm still unemployed but I know things will get better. I lost my job after 7 years of service due to another bank merging. Penny pinchin' to say the least - no perms, nails, new fashions -- you know the deal. I'm just thankful that God has blessed me to see another year and to see history be made with the election of Barack Obama! Hairwise, I'm not sure if it's the relaxer stretching or stress... probably a combination of both that has caused a set back. I've experienced some major breakage but Mega Tek is come to the rescue! I have to give God thanks for the little things ya know! Actually I consider it a big thing because I won the MegaTek November 2008 Giveaway! Anyhoo, let's hope that I get serious results with it -- I can feel the growth already...

Aww Mistee, I am so sorry! I currently work for Citigroup in NYC and we are in the papers every day, our stock has lost 90% of value in the last 2 years, It is crazy. We are starting to see announcements now so I am sure that it is still going to get worse before it gets better. I will say a paryer for you as you continue to look for work. Hang in there and keep your head up! Oh and definitely enjoy the MT benefits. Its funny because I just work up this morning from using it only once this week and my new growth is all out of control…LOL They are about to revolt and ride up against the relaxed hair. I am definitely going to start mixing in the OCT because now that the thickness is going its thing, I need to get the length J Good luck on your hair journey and keep us updated!!

Summer 74

I have been gone from LHCF for a long time...I finally updated my Fotki after 9months!!! :ohwell:..I just had a BIG trim. I still get hairwashed every week and use beemine on edges...still stretching(only to 10weeks) my stylist uses Affirm w/fiberguard perm...still wrapping/rollersets but on the 8th and 9th week my stylist flat irons my hair(too nappy):nono:

rizpah

Hi all,

I have been lurking for a about a year, joine a few months ago, finally got to posting today.

I love this forum, that the ladies here have success with all kinds of hair regimens and the challenges are great.

My hair is 11 inches long, I am now having problems since my hair is this long, I am not having retention, so I hope to get help.

Before I ask a bunch of questions, I will make a point to continue to search the forums and then go from from there.

I did join the 'Waist Lenghth Challenge" since this is my goal.

I will post a pic next week.:look:

Carlette813

Just checking in. I bc'd my hair a few times, now I'm ear length. I'm still transitioning which is'nt too bad since I cut off the majority of the damaged hair. I am 7 months clean (chemically that is). I'll load a picture of new dew soon.

Happy Hair Year Ladies:yay: