Newbie Challenge 08 P2

pr3tty

YOU CAN NOT JOIN THIS THREAD FROM THIS PAGE... PLEASE JOIN OUR ORIGINAL NEWBIE CHALLENGE FIRST.. THANX

Hello ladies:wave:

First I would like to start off by saying Thank You sooo much for joining the First Newbie Challenge and here we are almost 600 post later we are still together...:yay:

The other thread got so big we had to start over and I must say while we are NOT trying to avoid all the wonderful ladies who would like to be apart of this journey with us.

This is where we will be completely focus and THIS IS NOT A THREAD YOU CAN JOIN (Please go to the original newbie page to join). This is where all the ladies who are in will share, ask question and give advise.

:needpics:
SO PLZZ ADD PICS AS MUCH AS U CAN SO WE CAN BE AS MUCH APART OF UR JOURNEY AS POSSIBLE....

:circle: THIS IS US....

OUR TEAM INCLUDES:

1. PR3TTY
2. fINDING ME
3. FIYA'SLOVECHILD
4. GALADRIEL
5. NOEMI
6. MS.AMERAKA
7. KLOMAX
8. IVYQUIETSTORM
9. IVY BUTTER
10. BEAUTIFULREALITY
11. MIAMI74
12. BEAUTIFULLYBLACK
13. BIG N17
14. HOTRIBENA
15. COCOPUFF06
16. DAEPHAE
17. LEONA2025
18. JASSY28
19. BLISS806
20. CLMACKY
21. CINDYL

Last edited:

FindingMe

WAHZZZUPPPP LADIES, Let's get it on and crackin'!!! I can't wait to see some real growth this year!!! :grin:

20 ladies that I can really get to know and share with- I LOVE IT!!!

Again, just Saying "Hello" and bumpin' to keep our new thread on the front page! :yep:

pr3tty

Hey findingme...

Im glad you found the new thread... I think this is gonna be great I cant wait:spinning:

ivyQuietstorm

HI LADIES!!! I got here as fast as I could :cowgirl:!

I just wanted to check in and say HI. Everything is still going okay for me. I believe I had posted about my natural hair lacking moisture. Last night I applied some Carefree Curl Gold and sealed with Castor Oil. I baggie'd my entire head for the majority of the night. I think I snatched that cap off at about 5am and my hair feels so much better today. I might need to do that at least 2x's per week.

Tomorrow night I do my shampoo. I'll be trying the coconut oil as a pre-poo. Keep your fingers crossed!

chebaby

i want in

now yall know i'm new here and i'm trying to get some growth. so LET ME IN.:grin: i'm like a half an inch to an inch from being apl so i'm getting there i guess but i never really tried to retain it. i want MBL
so.....how do i join

pr3tty

i want in

now yall know i'm new here and i'm trying to get some growth. so LET ME IN.:grin: i'm like a half an inch to an inch from being apl so i'm getting there i guess but i never really tried to retain it. i want MBL
so.....how do i join

You can join by going to our newbie challenge page and join there with ur pics and regimen

Ms.AmerAKA

Ivy, I posted this in our last thread and I don't know if you saw it or not. But this is what helps my hair stay moisturized.

Ivy (hey soror!), I've been a natural all of my life and I understand how difficult it is to keep our hair moisturized. I feel like my hair is screaming at meconstantly that it wants more moisture. For optimal moisture I like to poo my hair only once a week (nexxus)and cowash twice a week (nexuss humectress). I find that if I wash my hair too often, especially in the winter time, that my hair becomes dry and brittle. When I do poo, I usually DC right afterwards. What I find that works for me is DC overnight using ORS replenishing paks. It does wonders for my hair!!!! It makes it soo soft and manageable, manageability being key for me. I know being natural isn't easy but I know we can find ways to grow our hair long, strong, and healthy!

pr3tty

HI LADIES!!! I got here as fast as I could :cowgirl:!

I just wanted to check in and say HI. Everything is still going okay for me. I believe I had posted about my natural hair lacking moisture. Last night I applied some Carefree Curl Gold and sealed with Castor Oil. I baggie'd my entire head for the majority of the night. I think I snatched that cap off at about 5am and my hair feels so much better today. I might need to do that at least 2x's per week.

Tomorrow night I do my shampoo. I'll be trying the coconut oil as a pre-poo. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hey Ivy im glad u found us... Im happy baggie worked for you. I think you should try Herbal Essence Breaks over conditioner. i used it last weekend and my new growth feels like I have a jheri curl its sooo soft. It was only $2.48, It works.

miami74

Hi there! I finally made! Hope I made it in time.:auto:. Great to see some familar 'hairs'. Well, right now, I'm experiencing some breakage unfortunately. I think I overdid it with the protein conditioning this weekend. I did a CW yesterday to try to combat the breakage. It eased a little, but not completely gone. I moisturized tonight with Keracare conditioning hairdress and sealed with coconut oil. I am wondering though, if I should try to find another moisturizer that doesn't contain mineral oil, petroleum and lanolin oil. Apparently I read somewhere that these ingredients don't provide good moisture. Can anyone please suggest a good true moisturizer that I can use on a daily basis? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :spinning:

FindingMe

Ivy, I posted this in our last thread and I don't know if you saw it or not. But this is what helps my hair stay moisturized.

That ORS replenishing pack is getting rave reviews from naturals and relaxed ladies alike. I'm gonna have to get me some of that! :yep:

Ms.AmerAKA

Hi there! I finally made! Hope I made it in time.:auto:. Great to see some familar 'hairs'. Well, right now, I'm experiencing some breakage unfortunately. I think I overdid it with the protein conditioning this weekend. I did a CW yesterday to try to combat the breakage. It eased a little, but not completely gone. I moisturized tonight with Keracare conditioning hairdress and sealed with coconut oil. I am wondering though, if I should try to find another moisturizer that doesn't contain mineral oil, petroleum and lanolin oil. Apparently I read somewhere that these ingredients don't provide good moisture. Can anyone please suggest a good true moisturizer that I can use on a daily basis? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :spinning:

Yep those ingredients don't do a darn thing besides coat your hair and scalp with a hot greasy mess!!!! I like to use a glycerin and water mixture on my hair to moisturize daily. The glycerin is really cheap (less than $3) and you can find it at your local drugstore like CVS. If you notice, glycerin is a main ingredient in a lot of moisturizers.The trick with glycerin/water is finding the right ratio of glycerin to water for your hair. Too much glycerin and not enough water leaves your hair feeling greasy.

Last edited:

miami74

Yep those ingredients don't do a darn thing besides coat your hair and scalp with a hot greasy mess!!!! I like to use a glycerin and water mixture on my hair to moisturize daily. The glycerin is really cheap (less than $3) and you can find it at your local drugstore like CVS. If you notice, glycerin is a main ingredient in a lot of moisturizers.The trick with glycerin/water is finding the right ratio of glycerin to water for your hair. Too much glycerin and not enough water leaves your hair feeling greasy.

Thanks so much. I will look for it tomorrow at CVS.

pr3tty

Im using Mizani nighttime h2o and so far I love it my hair has been so soft and filled with moisture (which maybe bc of my HE breaks over conditioner) I wont stop until you ladies try it. Its AMAZING and filled with moisture. Those 2 are keepers

Last edited:

miami74

Im using Mizani nighttime h2o and so far I love it my hair has been so sort and filled with moisture (which maybe bc of my HE breaks over conditioner) I wont stop until you ladies try it. Its AMAZING and filled with moisture. Those 2 are keepers

I was looking at that last week at JCPenney. I was debating on getting it, but I didn't. Definitely something to look into. Thanks.

FindingMe

I rarely use a moisturizer on a daily basis, but I do use a coconut oil sometimes too for my scalp and on my toddler's hair. It's Dabur Vatika oil.

Anyway, Macherieamour has some products she's reviewed on her blog http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/product_reviews/index.html and Sista Slick has a cool article about protein and moisture balance http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.htmlin her FOTKI http://public.fotki.com/sistaslick/ . The last two pages of the article have some product reommendations. Her regimen building article for newbies also has some product recommendations in it, but you've prbably already seen it. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/288340/hair_regimen_building_for_newbies.html

I have used the Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) olive oil in the bottle before and liked it. About a dime sized amount is light and doesn't weight the hair down and has a refreshing scent.:yep: I didn't use every day, though. More like once every 2 or 3 days.

Bliss806

WONDERFUL!! I have been trying to respond to this for the last 30 mins but my internet is soo jacked up urghh!! I am glad to be here!!! That other post was becoming a bit too much!

This is great pretty!! Thanks a bunch for including me :grin:

leona2025

Hey Ladies,

Ok so I love my faux roller set, but the curls lasted all of two hours before droping out of sight. What do you ladies use to set the curls so they last longer?
I'm so proud of myself. I have stuck with my reggie for almost a month. Usually I give up before second wash rolls around. Anyway I have a bunch of flyaway broken hairs around my nape and hair line where I couldn't get my braids out properly and so I just cut my hair instead. really looking forward to those hairs growing and to my hair getting healthy overall.

BeautifullySo

*Parks her pretend BMW into the garage of this thread*

Hi ladies!

I'm going to co-sign on ORS pak. It makes my hair very soft. I use it as a pre-poo, but it also makes for a great deep conditioner. :)

FindingMe

Im using Mizani nighttime h2o and so far I love it my hair has been so soft and filled with moisture (which maybe bc of my HE breaks over conditioner) I wont stop until you ladies try it. Its AMAZING and filled with moisture. Those 2 are keepers

yep yep. I can second on that. I have used it before and it DEFINITELY puts moisture back into your hair, makes it really soft. It made my new growth like butta when I attempted to stretch. A very little goes a LONG way...:yep:

pr3tty

WONDERFUL!! I have been trying to respond to this for the last 30 mins but my internet is soo jacked up urghh!! I am glad to be here!!! That other post was becoming a bit too much!

This is great pretty!! Thanks a bunch for including me :grin:

Glad u found us

FindingMe

Hey Ladies,

Ok so I love my faux roller set, but the curls lasted all of two hours before droping out of sight. What do you ladies use to set the curls so they last longer?
I'm so proud of myself. I have stuck with my reggie for almost a month. Usually I give up before second wash rolls around. Anyway I have a bunch of flyaway broken hairs around my nape and hair line where I couldn't get my braids out properly and so I just cut my hair instead. really looking forward to those hairs growing and to my hair getting healthy overall.

Could be too much moisture. I have had that problem before. :yep: If my hair feels too soft and limp out of the shower, I now spray a little Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor on my head (~7 sprays all throughout, total) and I also use about 1/8 lottabody with 7/8 water in a spray bottle. It is keeping my curls more firm, but still not hard.

Bliss806

I see I seriously need to get up on this ORS Pack.. I saw it in the store when I was purchasing all my hair care products that I got from a list but that was after the lady finished ringing me up.
I am going to post some up to date pics right now (if my wireless connection works) I took them today....I am loving my hair right now!
So far I have been living by Elasta QP Mango Butter, ORS Carrot oil, Coconut oil and Nexxus Humectress so I guessI can throw something else in there.

After I attempt to post these pics I am hitting the sheets because it is an hour past my bed time:perplexed. YES I go to sleep early lol. But I will surely be on when I get to work tomorrow as long as my supervisor doesn't catch me and I am not swamped with work.

pr3tty

Hey Ladies,

Try doing a twist out. I tried this for the first time lastnight and my hair turned out really nice today and is still very tightly curled. I did small twist then made a not and in the morning sooo much curls I didnt know what to do

pr3tty

I see I seriously need to get up on this ORS Pack.. I saw it in the store when I was purchasing all my hair care products that I got from a list but that was after the lady finished ringing me up.
I am going to post some up to date pics right now (if my wireless connection works) I took them today....I am loving my hair right now!
So far I have been living by Elasta QP Mango Butter, ORS Carrot oil, Coconut oil and Nexxus Humectress so I guessI can throw something else in there.

After I attempt to post these pics I am hitting the sheets because it is an hour past my bed time:perplexed. YES I go to sleep early lol. But I will surely be on when I get to work tomorrow as long as my supervisor doesn't catch me and I am not swamped with work.

I really want to try Elasta QP Mango Butter? whats the word on this ladies?

ivyQuietstorm

Hey Soror!! I don't know how I missed this post, but I SKEE you now!! Very please to meet you Soror, thank you so much for the advice! I already use the Nexxus Humectress Conditioner. I'll try the ORS paks next.

Thanks again!
Ivy

Bliss806

I really want to try Elasta QP Mango Butter? whats the word on this ladies?

I first heard about it on here and then I went out and got it and I loved it. I have seen a dramatic difference in my hair since I've started using that in combination with my other products. A lot of other ladies also it's great too!.