Needed: cone-less, slip-giving conditioner

unalteredone

After DCing, my hair sometimes has slip and sometimes doesn't depending on what i used. Also, if i use a conditioner that has protein in it, i want to follow it up with a tad more moisture. I'm switching to a sulfate free shampoo, so non-water soluble cones are a no-no. I'm just looking for something to leave in for like 3 mins while i wash my face/body in the shower after dcing. I lose way more hair than i'm comfortable with if i dont have slip.

Any recommendations for a coneless (or water soluble cone), moisturizing, slip-giving condish?

MCMLXXII

Maybe you should just ammend your current DC with extra virgin olive oil. Add some EVOO (or coconut milk) to your DC for added moisture. I did this yesterday and my hair feels so nourished.

What are you using as a DC? Do you pre-poo on dry hair?

discobiscuits

some suggestions:

Elucence

Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=7063423

Cheapie: Suave (add some oils to it)

PhiLee

Elucence is really good, but pricey! I hate to buy expensive conditioners.

I second the Trader Joe's condish-- almost any one works well. I like the mint one best. Also...the VO5 tea conditioners (tea therapy, I think they are called-- they are white) are amazing for slip.

Britt

Elucence Moisture Balance
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk

Marley4920

This is what I use. It has great slip.

Purified Water, Cetyl Alcohol (vegetable source), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Pure Jojoba Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Extracts of Aloe Vera, Grindelia, Comfrey, Lecithin, Vitamin A & E, Methylparaben, Essential Oil of Rosemary.

Attachments

• merchandizer_60108.jpg
    merchandizer_60108.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 26

Morenita

I've tried all of the above, I'd recommend Aubrey HSR, Karen's Body Beautiful and my fav, Curl Junkie Banana and Hibiscus Deep Fix. That stuff is AMAZING! :infatuated: The bananas give it slip and makes you want to eat it :lick:

Edit: I wouldn't recommend Kenra if you're looking for slip.