naturals: what conditioner do u use 4 co-washes?

Southernbella.

I have heard debates on whether or not co-washing is more drying than not for your hair because of a detergent ingredient. These are mostly the instant/ put on after you shampoo n immediately wash out. What brand/type of conditioner do you use that is not stripping or drying to your natural hair? Thanks

VO5 Strawberries and Cream, Dove for dry hair, and Loreal Vive Nutrigloss.

justNikki

When I cowash, I use V05 Kiwi and Lime Clarifying conditioner....the best I've ever used for this purpose. Suave Tropical Fruit Smoothie is a very close second.

beautifulreality

When I was natural, my favorite co-wash conditioners were Suave Toasted Sugar and Vanilla, Milk and Honey (discontinued), and Citrus Smoothie. I tried other stuff, but always went back to these.

zzirvingj

Wow! I can't believe how many people are using Suave tropical coconut! I remember using this when I was transitioning and I loved it back then...but I can't remember why in the world I stopped using it...?

For those who use the Suave tropical coconut, does it have mineral oil in it? Does it leave a build up on your scalp at all??? My CON con was doing that and I had to stop using it :nono:

I guess I would say that when I DO do a CW, lately it's been with AVEDA BRILLIANT cuz that's the only con I have right now besides my travel pack of Bumble and Bumble (and that ish is TOO expensive to use very often, LOL.) Even the Aveda is a lil pricey, which is why I don't do CW washes very often. But if I had a cheapy con to rotate it out with, that would be good....

nappity

Wow! I can't believe how many people are using Suave tropical coconut! I remember using this when I was transitioning and I loved it back then...but I can't remember why in the world I stopped using it...?

For those who use the Suave tropical coconut, does it have mineral oil in it? Does it leave a build up on your scalp at all??? My CON con was doing that and I had to stop using it :nono:

I guess I would say that when I DO do a CW, lately it's been with AVEDA BRILLIANT cuz that's the only con I have right now besides my travel pack of Bumble and Bumble (and that ish is TOO expensive to use very often, LOL.) Even the Aveda is a lil pricey, which is why I don't do CW washes very often. But if I had a cheapy con to rotate it out with, that would be good....

Suave Tropical Coconut has no mineral oil or cones. This is what makes it a superb co wash.

KweenBeeDiva

I use either Pantene Hydrating Curl Mask (the one in the jar) or Frizz Ease Curl aroung daily conditioner.

Also Mastercuts has a Vitamin C conditioner that can be used daily (the one in the bottle) or deep conditioner (the one in a jar). They're both orange and smell sooooo good, just like oranges:lick:. The are about $10-$12 if I'm not mistaken.

JustKiya

I'm not picky - if it doesn't have mineral oil or cones, I'll try it for a cowash. I've gone through White Rain, Suave, V05, plus my forever and always love Elasta QP IFC....

I've found that the thicker the conditioner, the better - the watery stuff was REALLY only good for cleaning, and I HAD to use another conditioner to actually moisturize my hair. The thicker stuff though, I could double up cowashing & moisturizing.

dany06

I just love Elucence MB. TIGI bedhead moisture maniac and VO5 are okay. Im sorry you guys but suave does absolutely nothing for me. I've heard that Deva Curl, Blended Beauty, Trader Joe, and Abury Organics Honey Suckle Rose are good.

AsTheCurlzTurns

I currently use V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream and Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze condish. I have YET to find the Suave Tropical Coconut to try that one out. Still looking though.

morehairplease

Why are you switching? Do you just want to try something different or are you not feelin the Suave anymore?

hi there,

no particular reason just wanting to try elucence is all. I remember using it when I first went natural but do not remember the results :wallbash::spinning: I just want to give it a shot again is all.

ScandalousBeauty

I rotate between Mizani Moisturefuse, Redken Extreme, Miss Key 10 en 1 and Oyin Honey Hemp. I'm running out of all four so I am looking for something new to try!

LadyKaypnyc

I alternate between

HE Hello Hydration/Totally Twisted/Long Term Relationship

On stressful weeks, I use NTM Daily Deep Conditioner or Tressamme's Thermal Recovery (even though I don't use heat, I love it!)

Cheapies don't really work for my hair, but I do buy Vo5 as a first application...to open the pores, then I apply my better ones:yawn:

danigurl18

I alternate between Suave Humectant and Garnier HydraCurls.. I think I'm leaning more towards the Garnier because it makes the curls really defined!

chebaby

i used to use suave coconut mixed with jbco and honey but now im in love it aubrey organics honey suckle rose.