CO WASHES

renae226

I was wondering do you girls apply conditioner on wet or dry hair when doing co-washes? And do you apply a leave in conditioner after a Co-Wash?:cool:

Thanks in Advance.

wadadligyal

If I'm going to the gym I apply a bit of conditioner before then when I get back home do a cowash on wet hair, then my leave in and seal with oil as the other ladies have mentioned. So I guess I apply to both wet and dry hair

Lotus

Both, depending on the condition of my hair. For the most part I co-wash in the shower w/Elucence. But at least 1 or 2xs a week I apply ORS w/honey to dry hair (w/cap) for like 15min or more... then rinse and follow w/Elucence. I co-wash w/Elucence and use as leave it.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
goldensensation said:
I apply it to dry hair and let it sit for a minimum of 30 minutes. Rinse, then style as usual (w/ a leave-in and oils).

I do the same thing :yep:

Candy_C

the last time i really successfully co-washed was when i basically washed with water and then when drying, applied keracare leave in. my hair has never been so pretty. i think i might start doing this when it gets hot! that way i wont get so much buildup

Neroli

goldensensation said:
I apply it to dry hair and let it sit for a minimum of 30 minutes. Rinse, then style as usual (w/ a leave-in and oils).

DITTO. If I'm in a hurry, I leave in maybe 3-5 minutes before rinsing out...

KiniKakes

When Ive co-washed in the past I apply it to wet hair. I actually use the conditioner just like shampoo.... the process is the same for me. I step in the shower, wash my hair with the conditioner, then step out without rinsing it out..... I let it sit in the hair for some time.... then I get back in the shower and rinse it out. I dont follow up with a leave-in, I instead generously apply my Cantu Shea Butter ant-breakage moisturizer and bun to dry.

Faith

renae226 said:
I was wondering do you girls apply conditioner on wet or dry hair when doing co-washes? And do you apply a leave in conditioner after a Co-Wash?:cool:

Thanks in Advance.
I apply on dry hair and I use a leave in afterwards

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Faith said:
I apply on dry hair and I use a leave in afterwards

Ditto!

I really think it could depend on the conditioner. For the warm weather, I've been using a heavy cholesterol conditioner by Silk Elements lately because it "lathers" some when I add water. I don't rinse it completely and use a leave-in after. This way I can skip the deep moisture conditioner on my CO wash day.