For those who do conditioner washes......

JenJen2721

How many times a week do you do them? And, how often do you use regular shampoo? How have co washes benefitted your hair better than shampooing? Finally what's your favorite conditioner to use for this purpose?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
How many times a week do you do them?
2 or 3 if wearing my hair curly. Otherwise, once.

And, how often do you use regular shampoo?
1-2 times/month

How have co washes benefitted your hair better than shampooing?
Hair is less dry.

Finally what's your favorite conditioner to use for this purpose?
White Rain Passion Flower

ngaa

-wen not in braids i do them once a week and in braids once in two weeks

-again wen not in braids once a month and in braids as soon as braids are taken out

-hair is less dry compared to wen usin shampoo once a week

Finally what's your favorite conditioner to use for this purpose?
-a cheap but effective moisturisin conditioner for colour treated hair by lidl

butterfly7

I wash my hair approximately every 5 days with every 4th wash being with shampoo. My hair is less dry this way and I also use an inexpensive moisturizing conditioner.

JazzAngel

Almost every single day I do the conditioning wash. Have been doing it for one year and a half. I must because I work out alot.

I only use shampoo when I feel that I have alot of buildup. But before I think to use it, I try adding a bit of lemon to my conditoner and that is usually more than great.

My hair is alot softer and yes it shrinks up alot more but it's over all nicer than when I use shampoo. I used shampoo a few weeks ago and my hair dried up in an aweful way. Scary!!!

I wash/condition with Suave coconute and now most recently Pantene Hydrating Curls.

AshCash

I wash my hair everyday. On day one I will shampoo and then condition. Day two I deep treat (alternate protein and moisture) and then condition. On day three and four I just conditioner wash. Day five I start all over. I use Jason Naturals Sea Kelp for the CO washes and Joico K-pac and Kelp Help for the deep treatments. This method ensures my hair stays clean so that the conditioner can penatrate yet is not dried out. My hair hates shampoo. HTH. -Ashley

TinyT

I do conditioner washes 6 days a week and shampoo on every 7th day. I don't have to use hair grease or any oils. My hair is moisturized. I sometimes use hair butters (shea, mango). My hais so soft all the time. I love it.

Tracy

Peachtree

Lately I do conditioner washes once weekly. I use poo once weekly sometimes twice, depending if my hair feels icky.

Co washes gives me tons of moisture, volume, bouce
. Fav co thus far is VO5 Cucumber Melon Crush

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple"> How many times a week do you do them? I do them every night while showering.

And, how often do you use regular shampoo? I don't shampoo my hair like I used to when I began the no 'poo method. On occasion I would wash my hair once a month. Other than that, I use ACV rinse to clarify.

How have co washes benefitted your hair better than shampooing? My hair feels softer, more moisturized and is more gentle than harsh, drying shampoos. Also, I use a no drip activator spray afterwards instead of oil.

Finally what's your favorite conditioner to use for this purpose? I alternate between VO5 Strawberries and Cream Conditioner and Suave Coconut Conditioner. Next, it'll be Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Conditioner for Normal Hair. </font>

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

5x-6x per week.

1x per week.

Hard, dry, matted hair is no longer an issue for me.

what's your favorite conditioner to use for this purpose?

Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek and V05 Creamy Citrus.

ineedmoney

i am real lax with my conditoner washers. i only do them when i'm rockin' a my fro. i'm a weird blk girl cuz i like to wet my hair so when ever i have the time in the morning or if i need to relax at night i just stick my head under the shower head.my hair just feels so much nicer when i do conditioner washers, so much softer. i love to use suave herbal care aloe vera conditoner. it's cheap makes my hair soft and smells nice i was 1 a wk w/ nexxus shampoo and deep condition w/ le kair.

soaries

It depends, I try to do them at least 3 times a week

Lately, I only use shampoo 6 weeks into my relaxer.

My hair is now soft and moist

what's your favorite conditioner to use for this purpose?

Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek, V05 Strawberries &amp; Cream, Loreal Smooth Intense

H

HairObsessed

I do con washes 4 or 5 times a week. My hair started to grow like crazy. I shampoo every 7-9 days depending on how my hair feels. I fluctuate between R&amp;N intensive moisturing treatment (love this stuff), Motions CPR, Nexxus Humectress, LeKair Cholesterol w/Aloe (totally bailed me out of a Nexxus Emergency mishap), Nioxin Scalp Therapy, and LUST.

Stormy

The first time I did a conditioner wash I didn't like it because my hair wasn't light and bouncy like it usually is, however when I shampooed my hair I had no shedding at all after shampooing and I'm pretty sure it was because of the conditioning wash I did a week before. (along with the moisturizers I use for my hair consistantly) So now I do them once a week and I shampoo once a week. I alternate like this: Shampoo this week and conditioner wash the next week and so on.
My favorite conditioner is KeraCare's Humecto.

I do conditioner washes 4-6 times a week. I use regular shampoo (Keracare detangling) once a week and when I do I usually do a deep condition with Keracare Humecto or Dudley's Hair Rebuilder.
Conditioner washes have benefitted my hair immensely! I am on week 8 of my relaxer and my hair has grown 1"-1.5". I'm not planning to relax again for another 4 weeks. My hair is a lot softer. I usually wear it in a curly ponytail or sometimes flat iron it after air drying. My favorite daily conditioners are Pantene Smooth and Sleek, Pantene Relaxed and Natural, V05 line, and Herbal Essences. I usually go for V05 since it is super cheap (97 cents).

KittenLongPaw

I do conditioner washes daily, and I never use shampoo. I've been shampoo free for months
I do Apple cider vinegar rinses about once a week. Works great for me, my hair is growing out much healthier than usual. It used to be hard to grow my hair because it would get so dry, I would have to trim off all my hard earned growth. I haven't had a trim in about 6 months and my ends look great.
I use Suave Tropical Coconut and have Elucence Moisture Balancing condish on order, will begin using that once it arrives.

JenJen2721

Ladies, thanks for your responses re: conditioner washes...they have really helped me with reaching week 9 post relaxer w/soft hair!