I'm giving Conditioner Washes another try! Need your HELP!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I\'m giving Conditioner Washes another try! Need your HELP!

/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif After reading Falon's thread about the "no-poo" method, I'm thinking about giving co-washes another try. I'm transitioning to natural, and I plan on co-washing daily or as needed throughout the week and shampoo once a week. I have a bit of Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner left, so I'm gonna use that up and then try something else... /images/graemlins/look.gif

Now I need your help. After I use up my Suave Conditioner, is it okay to use the following products for conditioner washes???...
LeKair's Cholesterol Plus
Salerm 21
(btw, I'm trying to use up the products I have /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

If not, what do you use or what would you suggest??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks in advance! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

dreemssold

Re: I\'m giving Conditioner Washes another try! Need your HELP!

I wouldn't suggest either of those, Poohbear, because they are both leave-ins. I usually use Kenra MC for my CWs, but I know most of the ladies prefer Suave Milk and Honey, Vo5, etc. HTH, and I think it's a good idea to give the CO washes another shot /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

keylargo

Neutrogena triple moisture daily conditioner is good'
Garnier fructis is another good one

Poohbear

Thanks for your suggestions ladies!

So leave-ins can't be used for co-washes? I didn't even know LeKair's Cholesterol Plus could be used as a leave-in; I use it as a conditioner for my hair. Aren't some conditioners like Suave used as leave-ins? So why can't leave-ins (at least creamy ones) be used for co-washes? ...Me confused! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

dreemssold

Oh...I forgot to issue my disclaimer /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I personally don't use my leave-ins for my CWs, but that is strictly a personal preference...I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done, but I find that my leave-ins work best with heat and when left on at least 15 minutes. When I do my CO washes, I usually leave the conditioner on 3-5 minutes, so I prefer not to use the leave-in. I use LeKair as a leave-in, but if you like it as a conditioner, then I'd say go for it /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Poohbear

Thanks for the disclaimer dreemssold! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Angelicus

For your hair, I suggest a thin conditioner. In other words, I agree with Dreemsmold. The ones that you are attempting to use are too thick and will make your hair feel weighed down and greasy.

Poohbear

Thanks anky! I'll probably go out and buy either V05 or another Suave conditioner. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

mkstar826

supersonic

I think the Suave Coconut is fine for co washes, personally.

Poohbear

hmmm...i guess the suave coconut may work better once i have my hard water filtered! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pookie25

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Thanks for your suggestions ladies!

So leave-ins can't be used for co-washes? I didn't even know LeKair's Cholesterol Plus could be used as a leave-in; I use it as a conditioner for my hair. Aren't some conditioners like Suave used as leave-ins? So why can't leave-ins (at least creamy ones) be used for co-washes? ...Me confused! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the book Curly Girl and it is by the lady who started no-pooing. And in the book she says that leave-in can be used as long as it is rich in emolients and humectants.

sillygurl18

You could try Daily Defense Tender Apple /images/graemlins/lick.gif after you finish the suave, I've never used those conditioners so I don't know. I don't see anything wrong with Suave because it's not too heavy. I didn't like DDTA at first for some reason but now I do.

Tai

I like Daily Defense Tender Apple and Tresemme Vitamin E the most for CW's.

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
Pookie25 said:
I have the book Curly Girl and it is by the lady who started no-pooing. And in the book she says that leave-in can be used as long as it is rich in emolients and humectants.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can u tell whether a leave-in is rich in emolients & humectants?

Tai

The ingredient list. Is there any shea butter, oils, etc. But most of my leave ins are thinner conditioners like Suave coconut and milk and honey. I wouldn't use my other leave ins like Salerm or Lacio Lacio for CW.

BLESSED1

I am so feeling Dove intense moisture right now...anything that enables me to run my fingers right thru 8 months of dripping wet new growth gets my /images/graemlins/up.gif But like they said you may have to experiment for awhile before you find what's right for you. I remember when the VO5 strawberries & cream was all the rage and my hair just totally rejected that!