Naturals: How do you wear your hair to bed?

WhipEffectz1

Well, I am out of cornrows at this moment in time and I would like to know how some of you wear your hair to bed.

Whatever style I have in my hair, that's how I wear it to bed. My last twist styles were worn to bed as is --- I just wrapped with a satin scarf.

If I'm wearing a 'fro, then I take the headband down and wrap the scarf around my hair. The same goes for braidouts and twistouts as well. All it takes is a little fluffing with your fingers or a spritz of water and my hair is back to the way it looked the previous day.

It's when the scarf falls off that I begin to worry! ;)

I'm like testimony.
I part my hair in four sections and braid or twist it in some pseudo/wannabe bantu knots. I wrap it all in a satin scarf.

i either wrap it in a satin scarf, put on a satin bonnet, or sleep with it wild and free on a satin pillowcase.

i'm different. I oil my scalp and ends at nite, then spritz with my moisturizer, put on a thin plastic cap and a satin scarf on top.

I wear twists most of the time so I just divide my twists into three sections, apply some cream & oil to my ends and baggie them. When I don't baggie, apply a little spritz (mix of conditioner and water) to my hair and braid making 3 braids. I then put a little oil at the ends. I always sleep w/ a silk scarf and satin pilliowcase.

Since I started taking care of my hair:

When it’s natural (non pressed) - I oil my scalp with caster/essential oil mix then put some OG carrot oil cream on my hair and braid it into 3-5 braids at night cover it with a silk scarf and a satin pillowcase.

When it’s pressed- I oil my scalp with caster/essential oil lightly, and lightly oil my ends with hot six oil mixed with peppermint. Then brush my hair into a wrap and put on a silk scarf.

If I have a twistout, I put in a satin scarf or if I plan to do a wash n go the next morning, I just sleep on a satin pillowcase.

When it's in twists, I just slap a silk scarf on them. If it's loose - I just slap a silk scarf on it. If it's braided....hmmm... I'm starting to see a pattern here. :lachen:

Yeah - the only time I go to sleep otherwise is if I'm DC'ing or hennaing my hair (both of which I do overnight) in that case - it's a cotton scarf on top of a showercap.

When I wear twists I pull them into a ponytail and cover with a scarf after misting with water and glycerin. When I wear my hair straight I wrap it and tie my scarf.

Throw on a scarf and let it be. I should braid it up but I'm too lazy. I'll unsmush it in the morn when I co wash it.

I just fall asleep on my satin pillowcase (or hubby's chest).

Usually i'm bad- lol so i wont put any type of protective oil or scarf over my head...but i'm attempting to start a new routine where I wrap at night after oiling my whole head and applying a few growth aides...When my hair gets longer then I can attempt a variety of protective styles like braids or twists..

Back