How do the curlies wear their hair to bed?

soslychic

Howdy...

I was wondering, how do I wear my hair to bed when I'm trying to maintain my curls? And how do I wear a scarf or cap without scrunching them and flattening them out of shape?

I wear a satin bonnet. Unless you sleep upside down like a bat, I don't see how you can avoid smashed curls. I spritz in the morning to fluff the curls back up again.

When I used to rollerset, I would LOOSELY gather my hair up in a high ponytail on my crown, secured with a satin scrunchie & covered in a satin cap. This way I could sleep in any position, saving the curls on the ends.

Once I have a crown pony, I would sometimes also finger roll the length, then secure it to the scalp hair with hair pins...sorta like a huge pin curl. This also helped to "re-set" the curls
smile.gif
. (then of course cover with a satin bonnet).

I was able to wear a fresh looking CURLY roller set for a full week.... both methods worked like a charm
smile.gif

I guess that will work if your hair is long enough to do that. I used to do that when I wore my hair straight curled.

well, when i wore my hair curly, i just put it in a regular braid at night or in a bun on top of my head and then the next day i spray my hair with leave in conditioner and scrunch all over. that's it.

I tie my hair "loosely" with a satin scarf. In the morning i just fluff and go!!! I had my hair set curly last thursday and it is still really pretty however it is time for me to wash my hair so I guess I will say goodbye to my lovely curls.

[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
I wear a satin bonnet. Unless you sleep upside down like a bat, I don't see how you can avoid smashed curls. I spritz in the morning to fluff the curls back up again.

[/ QUOTE ] that was too funny. lol
rofl.gif

I have to re-wet my curls every day because they dry out and need constant moisture. I spritz my hair at night with a lil bit of water and then apply jojoba oil mixed with glycerine. When I wake up my hair is soft and moisturized and not bushwacked.

I always put my hair in one big braid, oil my ends and tuck it under. In the morning, I unravel the braid, rinse and condition my hair and style.

-lee

I pull mine into a bun with a satin scrunchie loosley on top of my head and tie the edges with a satin scarf....

The bun keeps the bendiness of the curls and the scarf keep the edges nice and smooth.
smile.gif

what would you guys say for short naturale gallies like myself(2,3-4 inches natural 3c4ab hair)who have to spend along time putting it into even the easiest protective styles,+ im not that skilled @ doing my hair,and the ppl i live with dont have time to do it for me.Any easy suggestions for me?

Back