How to Wear Nighty-Night Hair

ellegantelle

I need a bed-time solution for this braidout I am prepping to wear tomorrow...

I have braided my hair all the way to the ends. I would like to undo the braids tomorrow, fluff, and wear...but the problem is that when I go to sleep, I don't know how to wear my hair to bed for the perfect braidout in the morning.

I cannot "stuff" my hair into a bonnet because my ends will not hang downward in the morning. I cannot wear a scarf with the ends hanging out, because this will create a bend in my hair.

Are there any suggestions for how I should wear my braidout to bed? Anyone ever found a solution to this dilemma???? I usually set the ends on flexirods to provide weight to the ends...but I want to go for a different look. Am I SOL? lol :giveup:

BTW I am APL, 4a in the back 3c/3b mix in the front.

joytimes10

Oh, my... I don't know. The thing about a braidout for me is that if I want it to look fresh and not frizzy, I have to rebraid every night so I really don't enjoy that. It's one of the reason, I wear a bun 95% of the time.

I hope you get some suggestions. I think many of us have this question.

ellegantelle

^^ I think I'm going to look into the loc cap. That might help my braids lay better. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

theLovelyStyle

Also, I saw on someones YT that they had put their hair up with a large clip and wrapped their nape and hairline with a satin/silk scarf. This way the curls were on top of the head. IDK how well the braidouts were in the morning though :ohwell:

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
when i wear my hair curly it only looks good for a day because after sleeping on it i have a busted bird's nest on my head. i have no idea have to preserve curly styles.

if your hair is not "out" but still braided i don't think it really matters how you wear it.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

there's a 3 dollar satin bonnet at walmart that has a long sack in the back

it ties.. i know nina pruit has a video using one

allows may bsl hair to hang straight

Rae81

Also, I saw on someones YT that they had put their hair up with a large clip and wrapped their nape and hairline with a satin/silk scarf. This way the curls were on top of the head. IDK how well the braidouts were in the morning though :ohwell:

i did this recently when i had a braidout and it works it kept the curls for a whole week. it works because your not sleeping on your hair. when i used to stuff my hair into a sation bonnet my curls would be gone in the morning. but this works on braidouts. just put the ponytail up real high on your head .