naturals and rollersets

locabouthair

How do you get the roots to lay down? And do you use gel or setting lotion? Also how do you sleep with the style if its a rod set or a straw set? How do you moisturize but at the same time try to get the curls to hold? Any specific comb to use?

caligirl

I would use a denman d3 brush instead of a comb because it gets my hair really smooth and straight. I also use a leave in conditioner instead of setting lotion because I hate crunchy hair.

ajargon02

locabouthair said:
How do you get the roots to lay down? And do you use gel or setting lotion? Also how do you sleep with the style if its a rod set or a straw set? How do you moisturize but at the same time try to get the curls to hold? Any specific comb to use?

well I use magnetic rollers w/ some whipped pudding or shea butter,while my hair is wet(not dripping though). I don't use rolling papers and the roots come out fine. I don't like to use a lot of heat on my hair, so I just use the soft bonnett dryer on cool. It takes FOREVER TO DRY though. I have only done this once or twice though, since it takes so long. I finger comb to set the style, see:

this was taken right after I used motions condioner in burgandy to cover the blonde highlights that I had and got bored w/. I don't think it looks too bad. It's a little matronly, but I liked it.:)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
well if i was gonna sleep with a roller set I wuld probally sleep with my stomach facing down resting my face on my arms keeping the hair from being smushed and you can get a decent nights rest this way

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I put my hair in ponytails to get my roots straight. That's the only way I can get them to act right. This works out very well.

I use lottabody setting lotion.