Rollersets and Blowjobs... Any1? Any1?

Chaya

Hey ladies!
I've been rollerseting my hair for the past 4 weeks and Ive been getting pretty good at it. Today I blew dry the roots on a medium setting for about 5-10 minutes with BEAUTIFUL results. I would love to do this once a week but I have some questions.

Does anyone on this board who is either relaxed or transitioning, rollerset and blowdry their roots once a week? If so,

* What kinds of products do you use to to set,moisturize and blow dry with?
* Why kind of brush do you use?
* What heat do you have your blow dryer on?
* How do you maintain your style for the week?
* Do you roll your hair with rollers at night, pin curl or wrap it with a silk scarf?
* Have you experienced any adverse effects with either the roller setting process (e.g. with the fine tooth comb) with the blowdrying (e.g breakage)?

Thanks in Advance!

Chaya

lunalight7

I'll admit...the title of this thread got my attention...I thought it was a recommendation on how to do a better rollerset by, um....you know...

Tracy

Mine too gurl....

I do it weekly - but not myself. No additional products are used BEFORE the blow dryer. They use a round brush - about an inch and half in diameter.

I wrap it mostly for the first 2 days - then I put it in a bun on top of my head and tie my scarf over it - that gives big loose waves at the bottom in the morning. If I want more of a wave, I do more than one bun. How many depends on how much bounce I want at the end.

No problem with either of the above - and I've been doing it for years - although I occasionally take a break from the additional blowdrying and just wrap it.

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
MindTwister said:
ha ha ha lunalight... the blowjob part of the title is a bit confusing I must say lool

[/ QUOTE ]

Chaya

Thanks!
Sorry for the confusion everybody! It was meant to get everybody's attention!

I havent used a blowdryer in I dont know how long and I afraid to use it due to all the dryness that it is known to cause. I used it on a very low heat setting and only blew out the roots. I used one of those flat vent brushes and I sprayed the brush with oil sheen to help it glide through my hair.
I used a leave in before I roller set my hair and I used the Smooth down heat glide this morning. Besides that I dont use any other heat protectant.

Chichi

Chaya,

What technique did you use to blow your roots straight? I am transitioning and need help in this department. Thanks.

Chichi

Chaya

I put the blowdryer on medium heat but I had the force of the air on the highest that it could go. I used the little nozzle attachement to concentrate the air directly on the roots.
I brushed my hair so that it was down around my whole head ( over my face and all). THe crown of my hair is the curliest so I started there. I concentrated the air there and used the flat brush to smooth it out.
I was kinda nervous about the blowing so I didnt do it to long, maybe an 8 minute "blowjob" or so. It didnt get it completely straight by anymeans but it looks alot silkier and has plenty of movement!

Chaya

thanks! I read that somewhere years ago! THe article was saying that a better way to apply sheen or gloss is to spray it on a brush or comb for even distribution.

lilchanel

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
I'll admit...the title of this thread got my attention...I thought it was a recommendation on how to do a better rollerset by, um....you know...

[/ QUOTE ]

me too!!

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Hey ladies!
I've been rollerseting my hair for the past 4 weeks and Ive been getting pretty good at it. Today I blew dry the roots on a medium setting for about 5-10 minutes with BEAUTIFUL results. I would love to do this once a week but I have some questions.

Does anyone on this board who is either relaxed or transitioning, rollerset and blowdry their roots once a week? If so,

RUSK SMOOTHER TO SET MY HAIR IN ROLLERS. THIS IS A GREAT DETANGLING LEAVE- IN THEY USE AT MY SALON AND I USE IT AT HOME NOW.

A ROUND VENT BRUSH...RECENTLY I BOUGHT A CERAMIC ONE THAT IS GREAT BECAUSE IT RETAINS THE HEAT DO I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP THE BLOWER ON MY HAIR THAT LONG ( A FEW SECONDS AND THE BRUSH IS HOT SO I REMOVE THE BLOWER)

I KEEP IT ON HIGH, I HAVEN'T HAD DAMAGE/BREAKAGE....I THINK IF ITS ON HIGH YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP DOING IT FOR SO LONG...TWO-THREE TIMES QUICK SWEEPS AND MY ROOTS/ROLLER MARKS ARE GONE)

WRAP IT AT NIGHT (1ST 2DAYS-THEN CLIP IT UP WITH A SCARF ON TOP)

* Do you roll your hair with rollers at night, pin curl or wrap it with a silk scarf?

NO ROLLERS- WRAP/PIN UP AND SCARF

* Have you experienced any adverse effects with either the roller setting process (e.g. with the fine tooth comb) with the blowdrying (e.g breakage)?

NO, MY HAIRDRESSER HAS EVEN COMMENTED ON HOW MUCH MY HAIR HAS IMPROVE/GROWN AND SHE KNOWS I DON'T GO THERE AS MUCH AS I USE TO .....I ONLY GO NOW TO GET A TOUCHUP (EVERY 10 WEEKS OR SO) PS. WHEN MY HAIR IS ABOUT 6-8 WEEKS I START USING BIGGER ROLLERS WHICH SEEMS TO HELP FLATTEN OUT MY ROOTS..SO I DON'T HAVE TO BLOW THE NEW GROWTH AS MUCH...IT WORKS FOR ME)

Thanks in Advance!
Chaya

[/ QUOTE ]

Chichi

Hey gals,

Do you use the blowdryer before or after you rollerset?

Also, what type of blowdryer do you use, a pick or comb type?

Chichi

Chaya

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Hey ladies!

RUSK SMOOTHER TO SET MY HAIR IN ROLLERS. THIS IS A GREAT DETANGLING LEAVE- IN THEY USE AT MY SALON AND I USE IT AT HOME NOW.

A ROUND VENT BRUSH...RECENTLY I BOUGHT A CERAMIC ONE THAT IS GREAT BECAUSE IT RETAINS THE HEAT DO I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP THE BLOWER ON MY HAIR THAT LONG ( A FEW SECONDS AND THE BRUSH IS HOT SO I REMOVE THE BLOWER)

I KEEP IT ON HIGH, I HAVEN'T HAD DAMAGE/BREAKAGE....I THINK IF ITS ON HIGH YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP DOING IT FOR SO LONG...TWO-THREE TIMES QUICK SWEEPS AND MY ROOTS/ROLLER MARKS ARE GONE)

NO, MY HAIRDRESSER HAS EVEN COMMENTED ON HOW MUCH MY HAIR HAS IMPROVE/GROWN AND SHE KNOWS I DON'T GO THERE AS MUCH AS I USE TO .....I ONLY GO NOW TO GET A TOUCHUP (EVERY 10 WEEKS OR SO) PS. WHEN MY HAIR IS ABOUT 6-8 WEEKS I START USING BIGGER ROLLERS WHICH SEEMS TO HELP FLATTEN OUT MY ROOTS..SO I DON'T HAVE TO BLOW THE NEW GROWTH AS MUCH...IT WORKS FOR ME)

Thanks in Advance!
Chaya

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot for your response. I have to try that Rusk smoother. I like their products! I have never used a round brush because I cant seen to manipulate the brush without tangling it in my hair! Thanks!

Chaya

I wet set my hair and then rollerset once the hair is dry and the rollers are taken out.

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Hey ladies!

Thanks in Advance!
Chaya

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot for your response. I have to try that Rusk smoother. I like their products! I have never used a round brush because I cant seen to manipulate the brush without tangling it in my hair! Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this takes a little practice...what I do is section the hair then gently smooth the hair down with the brush, keep it close to the scalp and hold on firmly ( on top of the hair section), turn on the blower (keep the blower on top of the brush really, so the hot air goes through it) then travel down the hair shaft. I don't put the brush underneath until its really smoothed out and only if its necessary. I hope that makes sense and might help you. Take care!

Wishin4BSL

lilchanel said:
[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

me too!!

Me three! :lol:

Niara

:eek: At the title of the thread :lol: . I was just curious who bumped it and for what. Okay, leaving now...

MonaLisa

MindTwister said:
ha ha ha lunalight... the blowjob part of the title is a bit confusing I must say lool

:eek: :eek: ...I JUST DID A DOUBLE BACK TO THIS!!! I WAS LIKE HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS!?!!:confused:

*like does the "protein treatment" follow the rollerset or before..:look:

Dee-Licious

MonaLisa said:
:eek: :eek: ...I JUST DID A DOUBLE BACK TO THIS!!! I WAS LIKE HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS!?!!:confused:

*like does the "protein treatment" follow the rollerset or before..:look:

:lol: :lol: ya'll a mess!!

But seriously.. is this like doing a dominican blowout at home... the process I mean.

chayil0427

lunalight7 said:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: yeeeeeeea me too. I was like whaaaaaaaaa ... now I have a fetish for a good rollerset, but I don't think my stylist has got it like THAT! :lol:

Chayil