Paging ANYONE who rollersets

babyblue113

Can you tell me the procedure, what size rollers, I understand most people use lotta body setting lotion, is there anything else to use.

My biggest question is how do rollersets make your hair come out looking so smoothe without use of a curling iron, how do I get my root to come out smoothly. please help

Karonica

I am not an expert on rollersetting.

I will tell you this. Do not use the green sized magnetic rollers, unless you want small curls. The orange or purple magnetic ones are better and long hair takes less time to dry on these.

Personal note: Do not use Black and Sassy creamy set for rollersetting. Try the Lottabody cream instead. It's lighter and doesn't smell like bananas, which is not a bad thing at all, it's just that once the B&S hits my hair, the banana smell turns into something else.

As for the roots, I dunno. I've had this problem too.

SoniT

To smooth the roots, I use serum. After I section my hair, I put some serum at the root, smooth it out, and roll my hair.

Honi

There is no board.
I use the purple ones for the front and the grey ones everywhere else. I am just starting to get the hang of it. I don’t use any setting lotion because I don’t like the way my hair feels afterwards. You will need a fine toothed comb….preferably seamless. The hair needs to be smooth before you roll. The clips that I use are longer than the shorter duckbill clips and hold pretty well. I use the longer one for one side and then the shorter on the other side if I need to secure it snugly. Hit this link and see http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=292500&dept%5Fid=2230.

I can’t seem to get the roots as straight as when I was using the wire mesh rollers with the pins but if you can get enough tension when you roll and secure it, your roots should straighten out a little.

Also, it helps if you comb the sectioned hair forward and then roll. Biggest tip I’ve learned so far from the board. Now they don’t fall out when I try to roll the next one.

Feli

Does your hair have to be long in order to do a roller set. My hair comes to the nape of my neck. Will this work for me??? And how long should you sit under the dryer? What kind of dryer do you suggest?

Karonica

Oh girl, your hair is definitely long enough.
Depending on how long your hair is and how thick it is generally determines how long it'll take to dry. With a professional dryer, mine takes an hour or more (I'm cursed).
With my bonnet dryer, it takes a few years.

Feli

I'll have to try it this weekend and let you guys know how it came out. I'm nervous.. Pray for me

skegeesmb

I agree with Karonica. Use the Purple, and Orange rollers (even the grey ones). I use lottabody cremewrap to set my hair along with wildgrowth hair oil. To get the ends straight you have to use tension, and a brush.

Don't pull your hair too tightly or you will be uncomfortable.

Ayeshia

I like Motions wrap foam for rollersetting...I hate getting them because they take like 3hrs to dry....why me?

Karonica

A lot of hairdressers I've been to tend to use Motions foam wrap, and my hair always comes out feeling nice and soft. I've known 3 to use it on my hair when I've been to them. I'm considering trying it at home.