My Take On Salted Hair (JustKiya's Fizzle)

hopeful

I have never seen pics of your hair looking so curly, to me it always looks more wavy. The pics are beautiful, thanks for posting your pics and sharing your experience.

Irresistible

I have never seen pics of your hair looking so curly, to me it always looks more wavy. The pics are beautiful, thanks for posting your pics and sharing your experience.

yeah I rarely post naked! hehe, but this did make my curls more defined and pop! :yep: :hug2: thank you mama! and your welcome!

girlcherokee

alright - i just tried this and........ drum roll
my hair feels good - i combed quite a bit of it out - started to panick then realized that i have not been able to comb thru my new growth like that in AWHILE..... i have up to 3 inches of new growth in some places - and i am talkin 4ab new growth - brillo.
i combed thru it like it was nothing there - so did some shedding that was probably going to be done anyhow. i wonder if this will turn out to be something good to help manage new growth for those stretching their relaxers - i am watching the debates about this with great interest....

used 1/4 teaspoon of seasalt from trader joes; in 1/2 cup of ORS and EVOO mix - left it on for 20 minutes - no heat just the cap.

Last edited:

girlcherokee

ok just did my night time thing = (put in alo vera and glycerin mix and sealed with vatika oil, then put two big twist which would not stay now cause hair is too slippery so then i had to braid it) -

I took out my pony tail(air dried my hair in a ptail after rinsing) - and my hair has not looked this good in a LONG time - - if it wasnt for the uneven sections i could forget it is damaged. i mean it really looks and feels good. and i could still comb thru the new growth with way less shedding this time(should say my hair sheds badly everytime i comb it right now - trying to stop this before touching up).
i could also very obviously see - due to the texture - that the section of my hair that is actually breaking badly - well i think it is under processed - my hair looks as if i blow dried it - it has the silky texture and this section looks less so but still silkier - but textured enough for me to clearly see that it IS a differnt texture. any thoughts on this? thanks for sharing this Justkiya - i'll report back tomorrow on day two - but i am really liking this so far - i kinda had a feeling that i would.

Irresistible

alright - i just tried this and........ drum roll
my hair feels good - i combed quite a bit of it out - started to panick then realized that i have not been able to comb thru my new growth like that in AWHILE..... i have up to 3 inches of new growth in some places - and i am talkin 4ab new growth - brillo.
i combed thru it like it was nothing there - so did some shedding that was probably going to be done anyhow. i wonder if this will turn out to be something good to help manage new growth for those stretching their relaxers - i am watching the debates about this with great interest....

used 1/4 teaspoon of seasalt from trader joes; in 1/2 cup of ORS and EVOO mix - left it on for 20 minutes - no heat just the cap.

the debates are so crazy AND confusing. So many on one side of the fence or the other or walking it. I'm glad you liked it, many ladies seem to. For me it was more a clarifier, than anything

girlcherokee

Iris,
i wonder if this is something that reacts differently to different hair types? and i also wonder what difference the accompanying conditioner makes(so far - we have all used different combos) - because ofcourse, they also have different ingredients, i bet they are reacting to this differently as well.
when i added the salt to the conditioner by 8yo dd walked in - her eyes got big and she said "oh no mommy - not salt, your hair will fall out!" and i admit, when i saw the name of the original thread - i chuckled and thought this was the craziest thing i had ever heard.

Irresistible

Iris,
i wonder if this is something that reacts differently to different hair types? and i also wonder what difference the accompanying conditioner makes(so far - we have all used different combos) - because ofcourse, they also have different ingredients, i bet they are reacting to this differently as well.
when i added the salt to the conditioner by 8yo dd walked in - her eyes got big and she said "oh no mommy - not salt, your hair will fall out!" and i admit, when i saw the name of the original thread - i chuckled and thought this was the craziest thing i had ever heard.
your right, there are so many variables and probabilities/possibilities with this its mind blowing!

lol@ your baby! my daughter thought I was nuts too :wallbash: