My Take On Salted Hair (JustKiya's Fizzle)

ImFree27

I don't know about the salt thing, but I know when I workout I sweat a lot in my hair, and your sweat is really salt, and my roots become really dry and I have to rinse and I know thats not too good for your hair, but last summer when I went swimming in the ocean, my hair felt really clean and then of course I washed it, but yeah like you said op, i wouldn't use it often and not leave it in long, but if you workout, you get natural salt in your hair anyway. so just add some conditioner and rinse.:grin:

Irresistible

I don't know about the salt thing, but I know when I workout I sweat a lot in my hair, and your sweat is really salt, and my roots become really dry and I have to rinse and I know thats not too good for your hair, but last summer when I went swimming in the ocean, my hair felt really clean and then of course I washed it, but yeah like you said op, i wouldn't use it often and not leave it in long, but if you workout, you get natural salt in your hair anyway. so just add some conditioner and rinse.:grin:

that makes perfect sense :yep:

P

Paradox

I left mine in for too long, I fell asleep with it overnight :look:

Irresistible

Why do people take the rating so seriously, does it affect something else? I notice that everyone hates getting a one star.

its a way for someone to 'diss' your thread

it could be a good thread, but a hater will rate it a poor thread just because they hate on you

P

Paradox

its a way for someone to 'diss' your thread

it could be a good thread, but a hater will rate it a poor thread just because they hate on you
Ohhh I from all the time that I have lurked on here, people really really that. Thanks for telling me this.

P

Paradox

what did it do to your hair?
Unforunately I am one of those people who don't notice anything unless it is dramatic and I was really sleepy( I used grease and sulfate filled shampoos for years without blinking). I didn't notice that soft feeling, I am used of my hair feeling soft from using the Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. I got alittle nervous though because even after I rinsed I had a bunch of salt in my hair so I had to rinse again. It didn't have a long term benefit to my hair...I'm sorry I am of no help. :rolleyes:

tbaby_8

Was you hair softer once you rinsed your conditioner out, Irresistible? Because your hair was already beautiful when you rinsed the conditioner and salt mixture out. What was your end result once you finished everything? Inquiring minds want to know.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ok So I tried it ya'll. A little over a half tsp for one Organix Coconut Conditioner, I mixed up and it went on soft. I noticed Immediate softening and loosening of my curls .

not sure if you can see the 'loosening' in the pics but it was in fact there

Hosted on Fotki

10 minutes later I rinsed, I was too afraid to wait longer lol, but it rinsed so soft I was actually very surprised. To me my hair actually felt mildly clarified , soft, not stripped, but rinsed cleaner than usual, and of course as with any hair thats clarified it might draw up a little tighter and thats just what my hair did, I saw it in the mirror and my curls were for sure more defined , yet tighter and more separated and drawn up

Hosted on Fotki

So because my hair felt a little clarified I decided that it might be needing some moisture added back and I used Elucence. Now this was my first time using this conditioner but it did 'foam and fizzle' I am just wondering if thats an after effect of the 'salted hair' or does this conditioner always look like this? lol somebody let me know......

Hosted on Fotki

the rest here
http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2008/salted-hair/

You have the most beautiful hair!! GORGEOUS!!

But let me ask you: You used Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner, right? If so, it doesn't fizzle up like that. I use this conditioner as a leave-in after my wash. It goes on smoothly but doesn't foam or fizzle like that.

Hmmmm.....there's something to do this salted hair thing.

Is anyone doing this treatment a few days *before* relaxing? If so, how many days before is safe? I want to clarify before I relax next week.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I just have to say your curls look georgeous!

Yes Elucence foams a lot (w/o the salt). I love it because when it foams it gets super slippery and easy to detangle. When i used to co-wash with it it was almost like shampooing, the more water I added to it the more it foamed.

Would you recommend this salt thing?

Hmmm, interesting. I never get foam from Elucence. It's the Moisture Balance Conditioner, right?

Irresistible

Was you hair softer once you rinsed your conditioner out, Irresistible? Because your hair was already beautiful when you rinsed the conditioner and salt mixture out. What was your end result once you finished everything? Inquiring minds want to know.

on rinsing it did feel soft, just when i really got a good look at it after , I realized it had been clarified a bit, and my curls were 'poppin' and that was good and everything, but I just felt it needed some moisture added back, it wasnt stripped and was still soft, just felt super rinsed clean, wasnt used to that feeling, plus my hair had drawn up more than usual, so I just wanted to put something back in it, so I put in the elucence as you saw in the last pic, right not its still in there and feels soft, I wont know what to say about this total end result until I rinse this out and it wont be till later on

Irresistible

You have the most beautiful hair!! GORGEOUS!!

But let me ask you: You used Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner, right? If so, it doesn't fizzle up like that. I use this conditioner as a leave-in after my wash. It goes on smoothly but doesn't foam or fizzle like that.

Hmmmm.....there's something to do this salted hair thing.

Is anyone doing this treatment a few days *before* relaxing? If so, how many days before is safe? I want to clarify before I relax next week.

Thank you mama! :sneakyhug:

yeah thats what I used, well I'm confused about what it did , since pokohantas said it does and this is my first time using it, I'm hoping all the salt is out LOL, because Ive had this second conditioner in for a while now :perplexed

discobiscuits

I wish someone could tell me if the elucence foams like that or was that the 'fizzle' from my hair being salted (even though it had been rinsed already)?
yes it does foam/fizz but it will go away. also, it won't foam if you don't manipulate it a lot or if you use a small amount the more u use, the more you manipulate, the more foam. i only use elucence mbc and i use it full strength as a leave in. i use a handful or more for regular conditioning. When i do that i squeeze it through the hair and this is when it foams up.

BUT

as a leave in i start with about a quarter size amount on dripping wet hair and i scrunch it in or finger comb it in and add more in gradually if i feel some areas that are not covered. i use it on the entire length of hair as a leave in. it won't foam up as a leave in if i do it the way i just described. i also use it diluted in a spray bottle.

Last edited:

Irresistible

yes it does foam/fizz but it will go away. also, it won't foam if you don't manipulate it a lot or if you use a small amount the more u use, the more you manipulate, the more foam. i only use elucence mbc and i use it full strength as a leave in. i use a handful or more for regular conditioning. When i do that i squeeze it through the hair and this is when it foams up.

BUT

as a leave in i start with about a quarter size amount on dripping wet hair and i scrunch it in or finger comb it in and add more in gradually if i feel some areas that are not covered. i use it on the entire length of hair as a leave in. it won't foam up as a leave in if i do it the way i just described. i also use it diluted in a spray bottle.

oh ok because I used ALOT, so that makes sense :yep:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Hmmm, interesting. I never get foam from Elucence. It's the Moisture Balance Conditioner, right?
Well foam might not be the perfect word to describe it but kinda frothy maybe. I really notice it when I brush it through my hair to detangle with and I like it. Also when I co-wash with it, add lots of water and scrub it around. It's definitely not bubbles or anything ya know. Yeah it's the moisture balance.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

BUT

Exactly. You described it better than I could.