My Take On Salted Hair (JustKiya's Fizzle)

Irresistible

Ok So I tried it ya'll. A little over a half tsp for one Organix Coconut Conditioner, I mixed up and it went on soft. I noticed Immediate softening and loosening of my curls .

not sure if you can see the 'loosening' in the pics but it was in fact there

Hosted on Fotki

10 minutes later I rinsed, I was too afraid to wait longer lol, but it rinsed so soft I was actually very surprised. To me my hair actually felt mildly clarified , soft, not stripped, but rinsed cleaner than usual, and of course as with any hair thats clarified it might draw up a little tighter and thats just what my hair did, I saw it in the mirror and my curls were for sure more defined , yet tighter and more separated and drawn up

Hosted on Fotki

So because my hair felt a little clarified I decided that it might be needing some moisture added back and I used Elucence. Now this was my first time using this conditioner but it did 'foam and fizzle' I am just wondering if thats an after effect of the 'salted hair' or does this conditioner always look like this? lol somebody let me know......

Hosted on Fotki

the rest here
http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2008/salted-hair/

Irresistible

How often are you supposed to use the salt?
I dont know how often others are going to do it, but since for me it seemed to be mildly clarifying I wouldnt do it too often

I wish someone could tell me if the elucence foams like that or was that the 'fizzle' from my hair being salted (even though it had been rinsed already)?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I just have to say your curls look georgeous!

Yes Elucence foams a lot (w/o the salt). I love it because when it foams it gets super slippery and easy to detangle. When i used to co-wash with it it was almost like shampooing, the more water I added to it the more it foamed.

Would you recommend this salt thing?

Irresistible

I just have to say your curls look georgeous!

Yes Elucence foams a lot (w/o the salt). I love it because when it foams it gets super slippery and easy to detangle. When i used to co-wash with it it was almost like shampooing, the more water I added to it the more it foamed.

Would you recommend this salt thing?

whew girl I'm glad you came along and told me cause I left it in my hair and was wondering if the salt was all out. so thats a relief! And thank you sweetie! I would recommend it for a light clarifying treatment ,to me thats what it seemed to do, with no stripping. But it did seem to rinse cleaner. Its not something I will do often. But something to keep in mind for future use, I didnt get the major softness some spoke of, but I did get some

BeautifulFlower

If I could just have one of your curls, I'd be straight. Its so pretty.

Ok So I tried it ya'll. A little over a half tsp for one Organix Coconut Conditioner, I mixed up and it went on soft. I noticed Immediate softening and loosening of my curls .

not sure if you can see the 'loosening' in the pics but it was in fact there

Hosted on Fotki

10 minutes later I rinsed, I was too afraid to wait longer lol, but it rinsed so soft I was actually very surprised. To me my hair actually felt mildly clarified , soft, not stripped, but rinsed cleaner than usual, and of course as with any hair thats clarified it might draw up a little tighter and thats just what my hair did, I saw it in the mirror and my curls were for sure more defined , yet tighter and more separated and drawn up

Hosted on Fotki

So because my hair felt a little clarified I decided that it might be needing some moisture added back and I used Elucence. Now this was my first time using this conditioner but it did 'foam and fizzle' I am just wondering if thats an after effect of the 'salted hair' or does this conditioner always look like this? lol somebody let me know......

Hosted on Fotki

the rest here
http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2008/salted-hair/

Neith

You got the same results I did :yep:

Do you agree that it's a good thing to do before straightening your hair?

Irresistible

You got the same results I did :yep:

Do you agree that it's a good thing to do before straightening your hair?

possibly for the mild clarifying effect , yes! its a good prep in that way since it did seem to help my hair rinse clean, but I didnt feel I could leave it like that, cause it actually drew my hair up more once I thoroughly rinsed, althought it was more defined, i felt it might need more moisture , so in the final analysis I am not sure girl :lol:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Irresistible ... your hair is GORGEOUS!!!

shorthairdiva09

wow, salt in hair? who would have thunk it! but where is the original thread for this? ive been hearing this alot but i dont know where the thread is

Cichelle

I don't know about the salt thing. I have my own mixed experience with it from a couple of years back, though my first salt in the hair experience was not exactly on purpose. Anyway, I came in here and had to comment on your gorgeous hair! It just looks so pretty. :)

gmw

Ok, I still haven't tried it yet... and i am not sure that I will anytime soon... I just washed my hair with shampoo, so the next time I shampoo my hair (in like 2 months) I will do this instead.... and i am going to get some Elucence too!

PatTodd

Irresistible, I have similar hair as you (though no where near as much of it!!) and I had the same results as you. I have cw'd twice since and my hair still feels smoother but the curls are not drawn up like they were, thank God. I might try it again sometime.

Lucky's Mom

Ladies, do you think this might have a permanent effect over time?????

I am not using any salt.... I am just wondering......

~*Tigget*~

I wash tonight, so I will be trying this. I have straight hair though, not sure what it will do to it. But softness is what I hope I get.

Irresistible

I don't know about the salt thing. I have my own mixed experience with it from a couple of years back, though my first salt in the hair experience was not exactly on purpose. Anyway, I came in here and had to comment on your gorgeous hair! It just looks so pretty. :)

Thank you girl, i'm still kinda feeling mixed feelings about it myself, I think it just mildly clarified, I mean thats what it felt like to me

msjones

Hey Guys,

I dont post often, but I wanted to weigh in on this salt in hair thing. I think its a great idea. I just got back from Jamaica and being in the sea (salt water) made my NG (i'm transitioning, 4 months now) REALLY soft. It also mentions on the crown and glory website that salt from the sea will definitely soften your hair. So, i'm sure adding a little sea salt to your conditioners will have nearly the same effect. I just wanted to give my 2 cents b/c it seems like people are really skeptical about using salt, but sea salt is natural, so it couldn't hurt in small doses.

:)

Irresistible

Hey Guys,

I dont post often, but I wanted to weigh in on this salt in hair thing. I think its a great idea. I just got back from Jamaica and being in the sea (salt water) made my NG (i'm transitioning, 4 months now) REALLY soft. It also mentions on the crown and glory website that salt from the sea will definitely soften your hair. So, i'm sure adding a little sea salt to your conditioners will have nearly the same effect. I just wanted to give my 2 cents b/c it seems like people are really skeptical about using salt, but sea salt is natural, so it couldn't hurt in small doses.

:)

yeah I agree in small doses, it did seem to soften and mildly clarify, I wouldnt do this often though, because although I probably need that 'totally rinsed clean' feeling, I dont particularly like it, i had to add some moisture back just cause I'm so not used it-but that doesnt make it a bad thing