My Take On Salted Hair (JustKiya's Fizzle)

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
its a way for someone to 'diss' your thread

it could be a good thread, but a hater will rate it a poor thread just because they hate on you

That's so true! People give a thread "one star" for the simple fact they believe your thread is worthless or they just don't like the person who posted it. I'm glad you broke down your experiment and included pics with using the salted conditioner. Very informative results for those who may not have tried this yet. BTW, your hair looks wonderful! I hope to reach that length one day :yep:

Irresistible

That's so true! People give a thread "one star" for the simple fact they believe your thread is worthless or they just don't like the person who posted it. I'm glad you broke down your experiment and included pics with using the salted conditioner. Very informative results for those who may not have tried this yet. BTW, your hair looks wonderful! I hope to reach that length one day :yep:

Thank you sweetie! :sneakyhug:

you can and you will, just takes time mama!

prospurr4

Thanks for the review. I'm still not sure about using salt, though, especially since you mentioned the clarifying effect it had on your hair. I use a semi-permanent color, and I don't want to use anything that would strip that off my hair. :look:

BTW, your hair is just too gorgeous!

CenteredGirl

Girl pulease, your hair is gorgeous before, during and after. I don't think that with the condition of your hair, you can go wrong.

Thanks for sharing. I love looking at pics of your hair!! It's gawgeous!

MAMATO

Hey ladies, just to tell you to be careful with the salt because it has a drying effect overtime. Salt is used to dry fish and seafood for long term conservation because it has the ability to kill the bacterias first, and also to absorb all the water in the fish. The end result is a coated film on the fish (like small crystals), and I am under the impression that is what (the coated film) that makes the hair more manageable. At the end of the process, the fish is very dry and needs to be boiled a couple of hours in order to soften it ...and make it eatable (is that word english???):lick:

It's probably a matter of dosage, small dosages are probably OK for our hair, dunno. I've seen sea salt spritz on sale over the internet and one of the properties they claim is that it helps to loosen the curls in order to get the californian beach look, whatever they call it. HTH. Take care...:yawn:

Fine 4s

its a way for someone to 'diss' your thread

it could be a good thread, but a hater will rate it a poor thread just because they hate on you

I can't wait to try this salt thing!

As a non-Irresistible hater I must say though, unless you know who the person is and have some kind of situation going on between you and the person who gave the thread a one star (i.e. some beef with someone on here), it's unfair to say that just because someone didn't feel a particular way about your post that they're hating. You could be jumping to conclusion and that in itself reveals more information about you then it does about the person who rated the thread.

If giving a one star rating is hating then there should be only 2 options: not rate or give 4 starts. Maybe we care too much about the star rating to begin with? Heck, I don't remember getting any stars I must be FULL of haters! So in my world, receiving one star is the BOMB guuuuuuuuurl.

Now, that's simply an opinion please don't hold back sharing any help or responding to personal messages cuz lawd I love your hair and tips :yep:

Fine 4s

I'm sorry ya'll I had to add this. It's kind of a confession at the same time.

That whole one star thing got me thinking about the first time I got the
"This thread is worthless without pics" emoticon. I was so hurt. But quickly got it together after I realized that just because one person wanted to see pics doesn't mean that my post sucked. Yeah, I was a wee bit sensitive. Joyfuljoy, I think you need to apologize! Nosa.

Thanks for toughening me up!!!!

Irresistible

As a non-Irresistible hater I must say though, unless you know who the person is and have some kind of situation going on between you and the person who gave the thread a one star (i.e. some beef with someone on here), it's unfair to say that just because someone didn't feel a particular way about your post that they're hating. You could be jumping to conclusion and that in itself reveals more information about you then it does about the person who rated the thread.

If giving a one star rating is hating then there should be only 2 options: not rate or give 4 starts. Maybe we care too much about the star rating to begin with? Heck, I don't remember getting any stars I must be FULL of haters! So in my world, receiving one star is the BOMB guuuuuuuuurl.

Now, that's simply an opinion please don't hold back sharing any help or responding to personal messages cuz lawd I love your hair and tips :yep:

your right but like you said there is that option to not vote and one star doesnt mean anything good in fact the rating means 'terrible' I hardly think my just sharing my results with this can earn a poor rating as they are just MY results-in truth most people feel the same as I do about the one star rating as you saw in this thread, so I guess that says something about them too?, plus there was just some drama this morning -so you know put two and two together, but anyway as you can see most DID NOT agree with the one star so nothing else can really be said

and thank you so much for the compliments-i too think the ratings might as well be taken away

Last edited:

Fine 4s

your right but like you said there is that option to not vote and one star doesnt mean anything good in fact the rating means 'poor' I hardly think my just sharing my results with this can earn a poor rating as they are just MY results-in truth most people feel the same as I do about the one star rating as you saw in this thread, so I guess that says something about them too?, plus there was just some drama this morning -so you know put two and two together, but anyway as you can see most DID NOT agree with the one star so nothing else can really be said

and thank you so much for the compliments-i too think the ratings might as well be taken away

Ah- missed the drama. Dang, sorry to hear 'bout that.

Irresistible

I'm sorry ya'll I had to add this. It's kind of a confession at the same time.

That whole one star thing got me thinking about the first time I got the
"This thread is worthless without pics" emoticon. I was so hurt. But quickly got it together after I realized that just because one person wanted to see pics doesn't mean that my post sucked. Yeah, I was a wee bit sensitive. Joyfuljoy, I think you need to apologize! Nosa.

Thanks for toughening me up!!!!

nah to me thats apples and oranges, people want to see pics when describing hair, thats all they are saying , they are not rating your thread poor, big difference

Irresistible

Hey ladies, just to tell you to be careful with the salt because it has a drying effect overtime. Salt is used to dry fish and seafood for long term conservation because it has the ability to kill the bacterias first, and also to absorb all the water in the fish. The end result is a coated film on the fish (like small crystals), and I am under the impression that is what (the coated film) that makes the hair more manageable. At the end of the process, the fish is very dry and needs to be boiled a couple of hours in order to soften it ...and make it eatable (is that word english???):lick:

It's probably a matter of dosage, small dosages are probably OK for our hair, dunno. I've seen sea salt spritz on sale over the internet and one of the properties they claim is that it helps to loosen the curls in order to get the californian beach look, whatever they call it. HTH. Take care...:yawn:
I agree with this and would not use it too much at all, if I ever do again, not sure

Irresistible

Thanks for the review. I'm still not sure about using salt, though, especially since you mentioned the clarifying effect it had on your hair. I use a semi-permanent color, and I don't want to use anything that would strip that off my hair. :look:

BTW, your hair is just too gorgeous!
Thank you girl, I think I could have used that little bit of mild clarifying , it was mild and not stripping and still softening. But I understand anyone having concerns about using it and thank you mama! so much!

P

Paradox

Maybe the older members care about it alot..if I got a one star rating..i actually wouldn't even notice what so ever. it would just be there. I am guessing that since I am newbie from just this year 2008 but not a member that has been here since like 2002- 2006 it doesn't matter to me.

P

Paradox

I agree with this and would not use it too much at all, if I ever do again, not sure
I sure won't do it again, this is the first bandwagon that i have jumped on so quickly. Usually I do research for weeks or months..like with the MSM and the biotin. I guess I should have waited, because I learn alot just by waiting.

Irresistible

Maybe the older members care about it alot..if I got a one star rating..i actually wouldn't even notice what so ever. it would just be there. I am guessing that since I am newbie from just this year 2008 but not a member that has been here since like 2002- 2006 it doesn't matter to me.

if you get a one star someone said your thread is 'terrible' point blank

P

Paradox

if you get a one star someone said your thread is 'terrible' point blank
exactly and since you are an older member, you understand that very well. it is almost like explaining to a 7 year old that life is hard and to a 70 years that same thing. Most likely the 70 year would understand it more.

Irresistible

exactly and since you are an older member, you understand that very well. it is almost like explaining to a 7 year old that life is hard and to a 70 years that same thing. Most likely the 70 year would understand it more.

I hear you, basically its a bottom line way to diss a thread

Neith

Came back to read the rest of the thread...

It's a good way to describe it, Iris. I felt the same thing, like I put a lot more leave in into my hair than normally. It didn't feel dry though... it was different and hard to explain. It's like clarifying without stripping the moisture out. It felt like nothing was ON my hair, but all the moisture was inside my hair anyway.

The bf LOVED touching it after the salt treatment.

Iris, I just wanna say... I love your hair! Also Pokahontas... it's SO inspirational to see such beautiful, long, thick, healthy heads of hair!

Irresistible

It's a good way to describe it, Iris. I felt the same thing, like I put a lot more leave in into my hair than normally. It didn't feel dry though... it was different and hard to explain. It's like clarifying without stripping the moisture out. It felt like nothing was ON my hair, but all the moisture was inside my hair anyway.

Iris, I just wanna say... I love your hair! Also Pokahontas... it's SO inspirational to see such beautiful, long, thick, healthy heads of hair!
thank you girl and you got that beautiful thick full head of growing hair too! :yep:

JustKiya

I don't know about the salt thing. I have my own mixed experience with it from a couple of years back, though my first salt in the hair experience was not exactly on purpose. Anyway, I came in here and had to comment on your gorgeous hair! It just looks so pretty. :)

Could you share what your experience was, Cichelle? Hrm, I might PM you... :yep:

When they do that, though, they leave the fish/meat in salt - coated in it for days/weeks/months, then they rinse the salt off. I truly hope NO ONE is leaving this in their hair long term (and I'm starting to suspect that anything over 3 hours might be 'long term') and so that should help avoid the drying/moisture sucking experience.

YES! That's IT!!! It felt SUPER clean and SUPER moist, all at once. :yep: Which makes me suspect that it should be used about as often as people would use a clarifying shampoo, to be most safe. :yep:

I'm glad that you tried it, Iris - a lot of people look up to you, and know how careful you are with your hair. I'm sorry it didn't give you the amazingly soft hair that a lot of people are getting, but I suspect your hair is normally super soft, anyhow! :lol:

Irresistible

Could you share what your experience was, Cichelle? Hrm, I might PM you... :yep:

When they do that, though, they leave the fish/meat in salt - coated in it for days/weeks/months, then they rinse the salt off. I truly hope NO ONE is leaving this in their hair long term (and I'm starting to suspect that anything over 3 hours might be 'long term') and so that should help avoid the drying/moisture sucking experience.

YES! That's IT!!! It felt SUPER clean and SUPER moist, all at once. :yep: Which makes me suspect that it should be used about as often as people would use a clarifying shampoo, to be most safe. :yep:

I'm glad that you tried it, Iris - a lot of people look up to you, and know how careful you are with your hair. I'm sorry it didn't give you the amazingly soft hair that a lot of people are getting, but I suspect your hair is normally super soft, anyhow! :lol:

JK you know I was kinda scurred right? haha but yeah I wanted to try it out,started to figure there must be something to it, plus with this hard water here, I felt it was worth a shot and it was-it did do something although I am not totally sure what! it was good and not bad, so thats what counts :yep:

MonPetite

JK you know I was kinda scurred right? haha but yeah I wanted to try it out,started to figure there must be something to it, plus with this hard water here, I felt it was worth a shot and it was-it did do something although I am not totally sure what! it was good and not bad, so thats what counts :yep:

Considering my escapes with baking soda I have NO idea why table salt is giving me pause! :lachen:

You're my hair twin (in texture, not in length -I wish)...so...if it didn't hurt you...I may try this tonight. :yep: