My Review: EvaSalons Hair Steamer (w/ pics)

chitowngal330

I received the EvaSalons hair steamer for Christmas from my brothers (yes, they thought I was crazy for requesting this, but the things we do for hair :lachen: ).

I promised I would post a review since so many ladies have been talking about steamers lately.

Here's a link to the steamer, though I think it may be out of stock now: http://www.evasalons.com/store/inde..._id=37&zenid=59613f43c96cede8afe205a238f427b3

hbm003_LRG.jpg

It was $139.99 and shipping was free.

It arrived in one big box and took all of 10 minutes to "assemble." I didn't need tools or anything, it was simple to put together.

IMG_2272.jpg

The pole it sits on is adjustable and gets pretty tall. I sat in my tall barstools and I'm 6'2" and I had room to adjust it even more if I wanted too. It also can adjust to be pretty low for a short chair (excuse the pile of laundry).

IMG_2273.jpg

The hood is very roomie. Here's is me with my head under it to give you an idea of size. Excuse the ashy face.

IMG_2275.jpg

I cowashed with Nexxus Humectress first, then DC'd with a mix of Hairveda SitriNillah, Humectress and honey under the steamer for 30 minutes with no cap. The steamer worked great and I had very few drips.

Hair before with conditioner:
IMG_2276.jpg

Hair after no product:
IMG_2279.jpg

Not sure if the pics show the difference, but this was the most curl definition I have ever seen with my 4b (??) transitioning hair. I also noticed that my curls were more "stretched." My hair was soft and moisturized after the steam treatment and when dry. :lick: This is only my first time using it, but I plan to steam every two weeks and see how it affects the long term health of my hair.

I am very happy with this steamer and think it's a very good value for the price. It does not fold up or anything so you would need to have someplace to put it, but I just wheeled it into the closet of my second room.

Thanks to samanthajones for posting the original home steam treatment, which got me thinking about getting one for myself. :yep:

Thanks for showing your pics. I'm patiently waiting for them to re-stock.

ETA: Does the wheel base detach easily from the pole if you wanted to store it seperately?

Last edited:
I received the EvaSalons hair steamer for Christmas from my brothers (yes, they thought I was crazy for requesting this, but the things we do for hair :lachen: ).

I promised I would post a review since so many ladies have been talking about steamers lately.

Here's a link to the steamer, though I think it may be out of stock now: http://www.evasalons.com/store/inde..._id=37&zenid=59613f43c96cede8afe205a238f427b3

hbm003_LRG.jpg

It was $139.99 and shipping was free.

It arrived in one big box and took all of 10 minutes to "assemble." I didn't need tools or anything, it was simple to put together.

View attachment 24751

The pole it sits on is adjustable and gets pretty tall. I sat in my tall barstools and I'm 6'2" and I had room to adjust it even more if I wanted too. It also can adjust to be pretty low for a short chair (excuse the pile of laundry).

View attachment 24753

The hood is very roomie. Here's is me with my head under it to give you an idea of size. Excuse the ashy face.

View attachment 24755

I cowashed with Nexxus Humectress first, then DC'd with a mix of Hairveda SitriNillah, Humectress and honey under the steamer for 30 minutes with no cap. The steamer worked great and I had very few drips.

Hair before with conditioner:
View attachment 24757

Hair after no product:
View attachment 24759

Not sure if the pics show the difference, but this was the most curl definition I have ever seen with my 4b (??) transitioning hair. I also noticed that my curls were more "stretched." My hair was soft and moisturized after the steam treatment and when dry. :lick: This is only my first time using it, but I plan to steam every two weeks and see how it affects the long term health of my hair.

I am very happy with this steamer and think it's a very good value for the price. It does not fold up or anything so you would need to have someplace to put it, but I just wheeled it into the closet of my second room.

Thanks to samanthajones for posting the original home steam treatment, which got me thinking about getting one for myself. :yep:

Thanks a bunch for the Full Review!!!! :kiss:

Thanks for the review! I want this model so bad but because of the price I wondered if it was as good a quality of similar models on other sites. It looks so cute "in person!"

I have to get one soon. I'm paranoid that evasalons may raise the price with them becoming so popular (mainly due to this site).

I appreciate the review. If I can do hydration treatments at home, it can lessen the likelihood of reversion. Thanks, something else I need to save up for!

Girl give me that pretty hair and that steamer!! That's a great deal for that steamer too...Just think of the results you will get over time.

You got a nice brother...is he single :look:... I'm just asking :lol:

Wow that's nice! You can really see the curl definition in your hair, it looks very soft! I originally wanted this one but settled for the table top because I didn't have the space nor did I want to seem completely obsessed with hair since I already have 3 closet full of products and a big monster Pibbs 514. This is making me think real hard though, the hood size is nice, very roomy.

Yes, it's very easy to take the "head" unit off the pole and the pole off the base, so you could store it easier.

Thanks for showing your pics. I'm patiently waiting for them to re-stock.

ETA: Does the wheel base detach easily from the pole if you wanted to store it seperately?

I think your hair looks hydrated in the second pic-even without any products on it. Thanks for sharing the information with us-very thorough. You may need to put a warning in the title to warn the product junkies....nah, never mind, that doesn't work. When we see "PJs beware" that translates to "Click this to see another product that you are going to want to buy!!" :lachen:

My name is Sashaa08 and I am a product junkie!

I love steam, I get lots when I shower, thats working for now, but would love to have a hoity toity steam treatment , because I want to be pampered too .......pout!

congrats on the steamer and I know ur gonna enjoy the benefits!

I was pleasantly surprised that the actual product was true to the description, etc. on the website.

I was wondering the same about the price too. Hopefully they don't raise it, but it looks like these will be hard to keep in stock. They should pay us royalties or something! :grin:

Thanks for the review! I want this model so bad but because of the price I wondered if it was as good a quality of similar models on other sites. It looks so cute "in person!"

I have to get one soon. I'm paranoid that evasalons may raise the price with them becoming so popular (mainly due to this site).

I thought about the PJ warning but as a PJ-in-training myself, I know that's like dangling candy in front of a sugar addict! :grin:

I think your hair looks hydrated in the second pic-even without any products on it. Thanks for sharing the information with us-very thorough. You may need to put a warning in the title to warn the product junkies....nah, never mind, that doesn't work. When we see "PJs beware" that translates to "Click this to see another product that you are going to want to buy!!" :lachen:

My name is Sashaa08 and I am a product junkie!

Great review of your hair steamer. I have also been wanting to get one and your's seems like a good one. Thanks for putting such a thorough review:) I am going to go out and get it I think. Do you know if it was expensive? Have you heard of the product review site, ExpoTV? It's a cool site where you can make money for posting video reviews. The marketing company I work for is actually doing a campaign for them. It's great for learning about new products as well as making money and getting prizes for products you own. You can check it out at: http://tinyurl.com/4zxovz

Thanks! I'm very happy so far. Wondering if this will help with reversion if I decide to straighten...

I love steam, I get lots when I shower, thats working for now, but would love to have a hoity toity steam treatment , because I want to be pampered too .......pout!

congrats on the steamer and I know ur gonna enjoy the benefits!

So happy I came in here. I put off buying my steamer when I realized #1 I had spent a lot of money already this month and #2 Once I added shipping it was about $150 for a table top steamer. This is a better deal.

Back