hair steamers - who has one?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I love my steamer! I actually steamed with my henna mix (a suggestion from a BHM member in the naturals section) and I fell in love. I will be doing my second steam treatment this weekend (planning on) I will report back. I used to pay an extra 15.00 during my salon visits to get a 20 minute steam treatment. This pays for itself in no time, and I think that this is one of my 2009 best buys.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Bumping it up!

I want a steamer so badly for my birthday this coming Thursday. I want to get the best one. Not only am I celebrating my b-day, I got a substantial pay award at work, so I have a little extra money on hand even after paying the bills!! :woohoo2::woohoo2:

Ltown

Greyland
I have the stand steamer got it at salonrus and it's big so please think about storage before you get it. I have two story home and just don't have a lot of storage left. I barely can squeeze the hood into the closet even taking it down from the stand. But I do like the result:grin:

sms1022

(i got the one from salonsrus....i even bought the hooded rollabout dryer...it works the same way the pibbs is described without the extra bucks)[/QUOTE]

I don't have a steamer but I have my eye on the one from salonsrus as well. I have the rollabout dryer and it's the best! (especially the price). So it sounds like the steamer is a winner too, huh?!

kriolagirl

I just ordered my steamer and I'm so excited! I'm realizing that i don't really have anywhere to put it lol but i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

kriolagirl

Question to those of you that have steamers. I just ordered the stand-up version from Salonsrus...but i've just found a tabletop version(finally) on line. which do you prefer? i'm thinking of storage issues and i may be better off w/ the tabletop

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Question to those of you that have steamers. I just ordered the stand-up version from Salonsrus...but i've just found a tabletop version(finally) on line. which do you prefer? i'm thinking of storage issues and i may be better off w/ the tabletop

Please Go Ahead and Get the Stand Up.:yep:

True Enough it takes up "space" but honestly, I think You'll be more pleased with that one.:look:

Key

Quick question. For those who already received theirs, I received mine this past week and it has white stuff in the hood. Did anyone else have this happen??

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

kasey

That's great Kriolagirl,

SRU is lighting fast with the shipping. Please update us after your first steam. --c

Lovie

As Big and As Tall (if not Bigger)than your Stand Up Hair Dryer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAIR-STEAMER-CO...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b6e9dc28

This is the one I bought. Got it off of eBay from this retailer. They are based out of California, and I suspect taht they get imports from China.

Anyway, the first one didnt work, it didnt steam at ALL (I was so sad). I sent it back, and they sent me another, took about 4 days via FedEx. They covered shipping.

The replacement works fine. Good customer service. To get even more steam, I like to drape a big towel over it..what can I say I am used to the steam rooms from my gym so I like a LOT of steam.

Lovie

Oh, and the hood is HUGE. I keep both stored in a closet, it takes up as much space as my Pibbs.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day

I have both. I keep the standing one at home and the table top I keep over my SO's house (I seem to be there more than my place).

They both work very well.

I guess that didn't help you with your decision at all :ohwell: :lachen:.

kriolagirl

I have both. I keep the standing one at home and the table top I keep over my SO's house (I seem to be there more than my place).

They both work very well.

I guess that didn't help you with your decision at all :ohwell: :lachen:.

LOL!!

i think i will also invest in a tabletop one as well in the coming months. my mom is transitioning and i will prob leave that for her at her house and that way i can steam when i'm visiting.

prettyw/pink

I was thinking about buying a hair steamer. A local salon equipment showroom has a Melissa hair processor/steamer for $99 at their showroom (buyritebeauty.com). It is on a stand. I don't know if it is worth getting. I only saw one person on the forum who stated they had one. Please give me your thoughts.

LushLox

Yes it's very worth getting a steamer. Last year my hair was extremely busted. It was neck length always breaking off with very weak ends. Weekly steaming has made a big difference, and I only started doing it consistently every week from about February this year.

Vintageglam

Get one definitely - you won't regret it. But of course use it consistently. I called Salons R Us but they don;t ship to the Uk and won't tell me whom their supplier is in China. I am thinking of ordering off eBay... ummmm

I already have a table top but I want to upgrade to a full size.

LushLox

Get one definitely - you won't regret it. But of course use it consistently. I called Salons R Us but they don;t ship to the Uk and won't tell me whom their supplier is in China. I am thinking of ordering off eBay... ummmm

I already have a table top but I want to upgrade to a full size.

You can actually buy them directly from Paks Cosmetics in Finsbury Park, either go to the shop (if you're local) or buy it from their website.