My Mizani Relaxer burned!!

JazzyDez

So I only go to my hairstylist for relaxers. I just got my touch up yesterday and it was a nightmare :eek: ! It burned soo bad :cry: ...I had to have her wash it out before time was up. I have been doing Mizani regular for a few months now and have never experienced burning like this. She based my scalp real good as usual. My last wash was a full week before my relaxer, I stopped using MTG 2 weeks before touch up time as well. What could have cause the extra burning?

MizaniMami

Did she base your scalp, not just around the edges? Did you scratch or manipuate your scalp? Are you SURE she used the same relaxer??

Mizani usually burns on me really bad, but then I found 'Cool Scalp" by Hawaiin Silky! Cut the burning down about 87%! I base my full scalp effectively and thouroughly. And I make sure not to scratch or manipulate my scalp atleast a few days before relaxing time.

JazzyDez

MizaniMami said:
Did she base your scalp, not just around the edges? Did you scratch or manipuate your scalp? Are you SURE she used the same relaxer??

Mizani usually burns on me really bad, but then I found 'Cool Scalp" by Hawaiin Silky! Cut the burning down about 87%! I base my full scalp effectively and thouroughly. And I make sure not to scratch or manipulate my scalp atleast a few days before relaxing time.

Yes she based my entire scalp. I dont remember scratching at all....especially not any more than usual....and i seen her take the mizani right out of the tub. I think i remember using hawaiian silky when i first started relaxing and it never did get my hair really straight. My hair is really resistant so I need something that will straighten well but not be too harsh. Any suggestions?

MizaniMami

JazzyDez said:
Yes she based my entire scalp. I dont remember scratching at all....especially not any more than usual....and i seen her take the mizani right out of the tub. I think i remember using hawaiian silky when i first started relaxing and it never did get my hair really straight. My hair is really resistant so I need something that will straighten well but not be too harsh. Any suggestions?

hawiian Silky cool scalp is a base. I use it to base my scalp.

Did you dresser use the same base as usual?

JazzyDez

MizaniMami said:
hawiian Silky cool scalp is a base. I use it to base my scalp.

Did you dresser use the same base as usual?

Thanks for your help MizaniMami. I'm assuming that she used the same base as usual...I never paid attention to the type of base that was being applied as long as my scalp got based I assumed it was ok. I will ask her next time what type of base she was using. Hopefully she has the Hawaiian Silky cool scalp I will ask her to use it.

MizaniMami

JazzyDez said:
Thanks for your help MizaniMami. I'm assuming that she used the same base as usual...I never paid attention to the type of base that was being applied as long as my scalp got based I assumed it was ok. I will ask her next time what type of base she was using. Hopefully she has the Hawaiian Silky cool scalp I will ask her to use it.

Hey Jazzy! I see you are from Clearwater. I was born in St. Pete and have MASS family in clearwater and tampa. I basicly live there every summer. Are you from there or did you just move there??

dreamgurl

Mizani and I are true enemies....

I was told by several stylists that Mizani was sold to another manufacturer and has since changed their formula.

Mizani burned my scalp really bad that I had to get it rinsed out before it had a chance to process...total waste of my time and money. :cool:

My stylist uses nothing but Mizani now, but I sat there in that salon and waited for a distributor to come by so I could purchase me some Design Essentials.

JazzyDez

MizaniMami said:
Hey Jazzy! I see you are from Clearwater. I was born in St. Pete and have MASS family in clearwater and tampa. I basicly live there every summer. Are you from there or did you just move there??

Hey Miz, you know I did notice there were a lot of FL people in this forum (or maybe just alot of people from everywhere! :lol: ) I just moved to Clearwater for my job. I am origionally from NY but i went to college down here and live here now so I am still trying to meet people and get used to the area.

JazzyDez

aileenadq said:
I had the same issue when I was using MTG. One of many reasons I stopped using it.

Really?? Do you think it is the MTG that made me burn so bad? :confused: That is the only unusual thing that I did to my scalp that I can think of other than protein treatments and washes. I did however mix the MTG with some essential oils. And I NEVER usually burn much at all so I think maybe that could have been the culprit. I think I'm going to lay off the MTG maybe until next relaxer and see what happens.

JazzyDez

dreamgurl said:
Mizani and I are true enemies....

I was told by several stylists that Mizani was sold to another manufacturer and has since changed their formula.

Mizani burned my scalp really bad that I had to get it rinsed out before it had a chance to process...total waste of my time and money. :cool:

My stylist uses nothing but Mizani now, but I sat there in that salon and waited for a distributor to come by so I could purchase me some Design Essentials.

That is interesting. Do you know when they changed the formula? I have been using it only for a few months so I may have came along after the change...It was the first relaxer I used after switching from no-lye. Does design Essentials do a good job at straightening? I have some unruly 4b hair.