Motions Relaxer

NewYorkgyrl

Are any ladies on this board using this? I see that this is one relaxer brand that does not get attention on this board over the past year or so.

Who is using it? What is your hair type (thin, thick)?

What strength are you using? Does it leave your hair straight ot more texlaxed?

TIA!!!

Last edited:
I'm transitioning now, but I used Motions regular lye relaxer in the past.
I'm 3b/c, medium-thick hair. It left my hair underprocessed.

I agree,
I have been using Motions In Regular Strength, and It left parts of my hair Underprocessed. I am now using Vitale Life And Body Lye Relaxer and it works great. Oh by the way my hair is fine 4b type.

I was using the Moitions Oil (can't remember wha strength). It left parts of my hair underprocessed no matter how long I left it on. I used Mizani this last touch and I want to kick myself for taking so long to switch over. I will never go back to Motions now.

I use Motions Salon Herbals Relaxer. It is the best relaxer for my hair. My hair is thick. I like it better than the Motions in the yellow container.

I use Motions Oil in Regular. I am a 4a/b. I haven't had problems with my hair being underprocess except for the resistant part in the back, but that is just my hair. Every product I use acts funny on that part of my head. LOL.

I've been using motions regular strength for the past 3 years with no problems. My hair is thick 4a/b. It relaxes my hair straight enough for me ( I do notice a significant difference in my relaxed hair vs the new growth so i guess i dont have any problems with underprocessing)

I've used Motions Regular Strength in the past and it just didnt work well.
now I use the Olive Oil Relaxer pack thingy. That leaves my hair feeling sooo nice!

I've used it for years and it worked fine for me.:look: I use the mild one. I think my hair is 4a/b. I don't have thick hair thought, something I'd really like to achieve. I still use it to this day. Different strokes for different folks.

I used every Motions relaxer ever made, probably in every strength, and I was always underprocessed. If that's what you want, texlaxed hair, then it's a good relaxer. But if you want straight hair, I would say no.

I have type 3 hair and I never had any problems using Motions. I self-relaxed back then and my hair was always straight, smooth and silky.

It makes my hair so UNDERPROCESSED that it matts together, I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've used motions for 4 years. it leaves a slight wave pattern to my hair after about 3 washes but that's ok with me. i have 4a/b hair, i use mild and leave on for about 18 minutes.

i tried vitale life and body but it just didn't get my hair straight. i may have needed two jars though :look:

Motions was the first relaxer I used...it doesnt relax bone straight and thats what I like about it...no problems this way.

Left me underprocessed too which led to breakage. :down: And my hair is thin. Motions is crap. Since I started using better quality products I haven't had any problems.

Last edited:
I use the regular Motions, and it's ok. My hair isn't underprocessed, except for my hairline.

I have fine, thin hair though.

I was always underprocessed with this. I used the regular for about 6 years. I thought it was me! I am using Mizani next. Thanks ladies for the information.

NewYorkgyrl said:
I see that this is one relaxer brand that does not get attention on this board over the past year or so.

It's getting quite a bit of attention on [thread=91265]this thread[/thread] :D

balisi said:
I have type 3 hair and I never had any problems using Motions. I self-relaxed back then and my hair was always straight, smooth and silky.

Really... :scratchch
I have 3b/c hair and a Motions relaxer made it... wait for it... 3a/b! Rubbish!
I suppose it just goes to show that what works for one person won't necessarily work for someone else even if you have similar hair types.

:mad: Is absolute crap!!! It made my hair underprocessed and dry. Then about 3yrs ago, I put in on and my hair started breaking off in huge chunks in the shower. I could feel the hair running down my legs, it was a feeling I will never forget:ohwell: I started panicking and put a protein treatment on my hair. The breakage stopped but my hair had broken sections and was thinner.

That was the last time I ever used that crap.

I can't live without their conditioner though.

Back