MHM Hangout

faithVA

I forgot that the MHM does not require you to do a W&G. But with all the shower action going on the past few days I found it easier to just attempt a wash and go. I would love to try one of the creams instead and just wear flast twists under a wig or do a bun or anything else. I'm not really a wash and go girl, lol, I don't think I have enough hair at this point anyways, nor do i have the curl pattern for a cute wash and go.

Can you describe and example of what you do for Step 4-5 since you do not use gel (including styling examples). TIA

I apply a leave-in. I use either As I Am leave-in, KKNT or Naturelle Grow's leave-in. They I apply an oil or Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade and I twist up with whatever cream or butter I am using.

I usually flat twist my hair. I have pics in my blog. A have also done a rollerset and a flat twist/curl out.

Just style your hair however you would have if you weren't doing MHM. It's nothing different about the styling.

faithVA

Is Naturelle Grow's conditioner MHM approved? faithVA

I'm not an expert on ingredients but I didn't see anything in it that wasn't approved.

This is the ingredient list

Ingredients: Purified Water, Conditioning Emulsifier, Shea Butter, Babbasu Oil, Sodium Lactate, Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark, Burdock Root, Blue Malva, Horsetail, Honey, Natural Cinnamon, Preservative, and Fragrance.

Smiley79

Has anyone colored their hair while doing the MHM? If so, when do you do it? after which step?

I'm thinking about putting a black color just to see how I like the rich uniform shade of black on my hair. (I really would like a bright color this spring or summer)

Subscribe

Subscribe, I did a wash and go with clay, then Jessicurl then gel but there wasn't any curls. It was just very soft and moisturised so I wore in a bun. But I haven't reached MH yet so that may be why there weren't any curls.

I still do the steps, cause I havent reached MH yet. The only thing that I do different is that I shorten the time for each steps. But I guess you could try it and see what happens. I've done the ACV rinse for about 5mins and the DC in the shower before; however my hair was frizzy. I can do a quick Wng w/o doing the steps; however my hair will be more prone to frizz and it wont last as long.

msbettyboop pelohello

When you reach MH what happens then?

HopefulOne

Has anyone colored their hair while doing the MHM? If so, when do you do it? after which step? I'm thinking about putting a black color just to see how I like the rich uniform shade of black on my hair. (I really would like brown this color this spring or summer)

I just used the same color in dark brown this weekend . It worked week but I don't know how long the coverage will last. My natural color is reddish brown which looks dry even when it isn't i will use it as often as I needs to cover my color. The nice thing about the semi permanent is it doesn't have damaging ingredients and can support frequent use.

Smiley79

@hoepfulone...after what step did you apply your color? I was thinking that I should use it after the Bentonite Clay step?

Smiley79

The back of my hair is responding very well to the MHM, but my crown is resisting arrest! smh. Instead of starting with the back first all the time, I'm going to start with the middle of my hair first from now on and see if that extra attention to it makes a difference.

faithVA

The back of my hair is responding very well to the MHM, but my crown is resisting arrest! smh. Instead of starting with the back first all the time, I'm going to start with the middle of my hair first from now on and see if that extra attention to it makes a difference.

Please let us know. It is not uncommon for the crown to be the last section to hydrate. If you read in any of the WNG threads, it is the area that gives most ladies the problem. I think it is the first area to dehydrate and one of the first areas to experience thinning.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Has anyone colored their hair while doing the MHM? If so, when do you do it? after which step?

I'm thinking about putting a black color just to see how I like the rich uniform shade of black on my hair. (I really would like a bright color this spring or summer)

I color my hair while doing the MHM. I usually color my hair last, so after the clay. But I plan on switching that b/c my hair is so dry after I color my hair. I'm going to try and color my hair after the ACV (step1). I am alittle concerned about the clay stripping the color but I have to at least try to see if that will happen.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I just used the same color in dark brown this weekend . It worked week but I don't know how long the coverage will last. My natural color is reddish brown which looks dry even when it isn't i will use it as often as I needs to cover my color. The nice thing about the semi permanent is it doesn't have damaging ingredients and can support frequent use.

The story of my life with reddish brown hair, it looks so dull.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I color my hair while doing the MHM. I usually color my hair last, so after the clay. But I plan on switching that b/c my hair is so dry after I color my hair. I'm going to try and color my hair after the ACV (step1). I am alittle concerned about the clay stripping the color but I have to at least try to see if that will happen.

Its so very important to truly understand what each step means. That's why I ask so many questions here, I typically learn better by understanding more so than just doing. Like pelohello said, if I know the why's I can adjust the regimen and products to custom fit my own head of hair and it'll still work. I'm still working on the understanding part tho, Lol.

faithVA

I think you should skip the clay when you color your hair. Allow the color to take hold and then just do the regimen 3 days later.

Or for that one particular day do clay, color, deep conditioner.

Smiley79

I plan on continuing the method even once I reach MH. For me, this is my reggie. I like the MHM b/c for the most part, I understand what each step is for and even with modification you can still have relatively good results.

Yes I agree with you on that. In my case, I do not plan on continuing the MHM after my next session of it (which will be Day 5). I will be taking elements of the MHM and creating my own regimen and overtime I'll gradually get my hair to a state where it reaches optimum hydration abilities. The past couple weeks of the MHM has given my hair a boost or a fresh slate to better receive moisture from here on forward. It's like I got to press the reset button for my hair. :lol: But after 5 of these, I'm satisfied and ready to get back to my regular regimen but incorporate most of what I've learned from the MHM.

Smiley79

I think you should skip the clay when you color your hair. Allow the color to take hold and then just do the regimen 3 days later.

Or for that one particular day do clay, color, deep conditioner.

I think I will do the 2nd one and see how it goes. Ill come back with updates.

Smiley79

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I really do not want to get those tight curls that I see so many of the MHM participants have achieved by sticking to the regimen and following it regularly. I like the fluffiness of my hair, lol, but it just needs to be stronger and more hydrated...so hopefully I will get the best of both worlds eventually.

What about you all, what do you want for your hair?

faithVA

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I really do not want to get those tight curls that I see so many of the MHM participants have achieved by sticking to the regimen and following it regularly. I like the fluffiness of my hair, lol, but it just needs to be stronger and more hydrated...so hopefully I will get the best of both worlds eventually.

What about you all, what do you want for your hair?

I want to be able to wear my hair out and it not suck down to my scalp like a scull cap where I have to pry it apart like a crow bar.

If I needed to wash and do a puff I don't want to be terrified that my hair is going to be one big knot at the end of the day. That is what I want from MHM.

I would love, love, love to be able to put in 2 strand twists and cowash my hair with twist in and they not frizz up and unravel. Not sure if that is possible with MHM but I would love it. :yep:

HopefulOne

@hoepfulone...after what step did you apply your color? I was thinking that I should use it after the Bentonite Clay step?

I did not do on an "mhm" day. I did it on the second day after MHM and it came out good. My only concern is how long it will last because of the ingredients in the MHM process but it is semi permanent so I can use it frequently.

meka72

meka72 these are the steps that I'm going to do once I'm done with the bald spot regimen. Step 1: ACV rinse or conditioner with lemon juice to clarify Step 2: DC with 2 oz acidic conditioner, 2 oz liquid aminos, 4 oz of water (I haven't tried this yet but found this recipe on MsDeekay blog) (Add Protein conditioner when necessary for step 2 and follow with moisturizing DC full strength to balance my hair & omit the liquid aminos if using protein conditioner) Step 3: Rhassoul clay, water, 1/4 tsp acv, with no oil or honey Step 4: Leave-in conditioner Step 5: Botanical Gel & seal with butter cuz gel isn't enough to seal in the moisture for my hi po hair.

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for being so thorough with your response. I might try exactly what you've prescribed next month.

GGsKin

Lol You have me crying faithVA but I empathise. I want to wear my hair out in its unstretched state or in a puff if I choose, and it not be dry and hard by the end of the day, let alone the end of my wash (on air-drying occasions before MHM). I want my hair to be able to accept and retain moisture in my hair without having to ply it with heavy product that has me leaving 'soul glo' stains wherever I rest my head. I want to be able to manage my hair without feeling like I MUST put heat on it. With MHM I have found this. Although I am doing things pretty 'strict' at the mo, I find that even if I slack off later down the line, I will still utilise many of the elements within the method such as ACV rinses, finger detangling, co-washing and regular clay rinses. Oh! and the use of gel. These botanical gels changed my opinion. I never thought I'd be a lover of this product.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
faithVA..the PJ in me really wants to try the Naturelle Grow conditoner! I never heard of them before and would love to try that. It sounds so nice and the reviews are buzzing with awesome experiences. Is anyone NOT using gel for step 5? If so, what are you using instead and how are you liking it?
I love the BS and the Tresemme conditioner (I've haven't tried he Avocado one yet but I love the Orange one. The PJ in me got the best of me and I ordered some today. I'm all in for a good DC.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I really do not want to get those tight curls that I see so many of the MHM participants have achieved by sticking to the regimen and following it regularly. I like the fluffiness of my hair, lol, but it just needs to be stronger and more hydrated...so hopefully I will get the best of both worlds eventually. What about you all, what do you want for your hair?
I'm seeking length with healthy hair. I want to be able to wash and go and I want to feel like I can style my hair in a dressed up style when I get myself dressed up and not look like I didn't comb my hair. I don't want to have to spend hours on my hair just to look presentable. Don't want much, do I? :)

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm going to try my best to resist the urge to CW my hair for a few days. Its going to be so difficult because my hair dries hard even without using gel and its driving me insane.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I want to be able to wear my hair out and it not suck down to my scalp like a scull cap where I have to pry it apart like a crow bar.

If I needed to wash and do a puff I don't want to be terrified that my hair is going to be one big knot at the end of the day. That is what I want from MHM.

I would love, love, love to be able to put in 2 strand twists and cowash my hair with twist in and they not frizz up and unravel. Not sure if that is possible with MHM but I would love it. :yep:

If mhm can prevent the skull cap syndrome I'm all in! These are all very good reasons to stick to it if they are all possible.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I'm going to try my best to resist the urge to CW my hair for a few days. Its going to be so difficult because my hair dries hard even without using gel and its driving me insane. Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
Mine used to dry hard too until I started diluting everything. I even use Eco Styler on my WNG, very, very diluted.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Mine used to dry hard too until I started diluting everything. I even use Eco Styler on my WNG, very, very diluted.

I don't think its product...its my hair. My DD and DH says its soft and is all in my head but I know the difference and my hair feels course. Can hair be fine and course at the same time?