MHM Hangout

Since your hair is short, you could wash it every day or every other day if you wanted to. But since you are low po you would need to do step 1, 2, 4 & 5. You would not have to do them long though on the days you aren't doing the regimen. If you stick to gel for step 5, you might be able to get by with not doing step 1 and just doing a long water rinse or you could use a gentle cleansing conditioner for step 1 and just do a really quick regimen.

You could also try just doing a water rinse and doing 4 and 5.

My hair is at such an akward length that it isn't feasible for me to do my hair
every day.

Since your hair is short, now is the time to try these things. It would be too much once your hair is longer.

This all sounds good to me! I decided to do the full regimen step today...I like the idea of using my cleansing conditioner then steps 4 and 5 with gel. I think my hair need gel or it won't look so great. I'm going tomorrow to have my lining cleaned up some and a cut to remove some henna...I'm considering a Demi Permanent because this huge gray patch make me look 10 years older.

Most of my hair from the crown to the front is 3c and I'm completely fascinated by the difference between it and the 4a and 4b from the crown to the back. The curls are elongated and more defined in front than the back. The shrinking is also minimal. But the back shrinks up a lot and the curls are tighter and smaller as opposed to the front. I spend 20 mins studying it at the end of every full regimen day. I guess I'm 1/2 representing 3cs. Lol. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

You are funny

Last night, did a henna tx, then steps 2 forward (sealed with whipped shea mix). Neglected to take pics, but will do so on Sat, when I do the regi again.

If you are low porosity you need step 1. If you are not sometimes you can skip step 1.

This is me speaking and not Pinkecube's philosophy, I think it is OK to use a gentle cleanser for step 1 whether it be a cowash cleanser or mixing 3 parts conditioner with 1 part shampoo. I have also used conditioner mixed with castille soap. Anything that can remove the product but not dry out the hair is useful. PinkeCube does not recommend this because cowash cleansers, castile soap, black soap, etc can leave a film.

However, with that said, modifications can slow down progress. That's my disclaimer :lol: It's just a matter of how much.

I don't use gel either. I am using a thick butter but it works for me. I alternate between using a lot of different things for step 1.

I believe you said your hair was defined to the root, if you have been skipping step 1 and it is working for you then keep going for it. You will know when you need to clarify.

I've been doing step 1, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly. Am I supposed to let it sit for a certain amount of time?

I ended up putting the two strand twists back in. The w'n'g wasn't working out. Today was day 5 for me and I'm combining the method with Protective Princess's method.

I did manage to find some strands that were coiling to the root, so I figure that something in my regular routine is working. If the coiling is the sign of moisture then I will take my time to get there. Will maintain bound hair styles for the most part, though.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

[USER=373223 said:
snoop[/USER];20980627]I've been doing step 1, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly. Am I supposed to let it sit for a certain amount of time?

I ended up putting the two strand twists back in. The w'n'g wasn't working out. Today was day 5 for me and I'm combining the method with Protective Princess's method.

I did manage to find some strands that were coiling to the root, so I figure that something in my regular routine is working. If the coiling is the sign of moisture then I will take my time to get there. Will maintain bound hair styles for the most part, though.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

If you are spritzing on dry hair, yes you let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Some may be doing longer.

If you do a good rinse first, you may be able to get by without letting it sit.

I wouldn't think of it as doing it wrong. If you get all of the stuff off your hair without drying it out you are doing it right. The only purpose of step 1 is to get the product off your hair.

Ladies today to got a breakthrough!!! I'm definitely seeing more definition in the clay step, leave in and definitely after applying my KCCC. I was going to change some things up, even the products but I decided to stay on track and I'm glad I did!

Question: Does the coils/curls start forming at the ends up or at the scalp down??

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Ladies today to got a breakthrough!!! I'm definitely seeing more definition in the clay step, leave in and definitely after applying my KCCC. I was going to change some things up, even the products but I decided to stay on track and I'm glad I did!

Question: Does the coils/curls start forming at the ends up or at the scalp down??

Congratulations. Glad you are seeing some changes.

Curl definition typically starts at the ends and works up the strand to the root.

Congratulations. Glad you are seeing some changes.

Curl definition typically starts at the ends and works up the strand to the root.

Thanks. Yep, that's what's happening...curls are seen on the ends!

It was wash day for me. I tried to keep it simple. I washed with diluted as I am, conditioned with diluted Jessicurl. Instead of rhassoul clay I used the mud puddle and just let it stay on while I showered. I used naturelle grow leave in and some hazelnut oil. I twisted up with my honey child type 4 hair cream.

I think that should do fine until I wash again on Sunday. Planning to do dubaidee's clct recipe.

It was wash day for me. I tried to keep it simple. I washed with diluted as I am, conditioned with diluted Jessicurl. Instead of rhassoul clay I used the mud puddle and just let it stay on while I showered. I used naturelle grow leave in and some hazelnut oil. I twisted up with my honey child type 4 hair cream.

I think that should do fine until I wash again on Sunday. Planning to do dubaidee's clct recipe.

faithVA please let us know how the dubaidee's clct turns out. If you get good results then I'll try her recipe for hi po hair :yep:.

faithVA please let us know how the dubaidee's clct turns out. If you get good results then I'll try her recipe for hi po hair :yep:.

Most definitely. I have all my ingredients so I'm ready to go. And she only leaves it in for 1 hour which is a definite plus.

YASSSSS!!!!!:yay::yay:

Mines started on the ends 1st.

My Wng is holding up fantastically. I'm on day day 3 (i think) and I havent had to re-wet my hair everyday. I just fluff and pick. When I used my FSG I had to re-wet my hair. I'm mad that I fell in love with Botanticals gelle. Oh well, I guess I'll use it for special occassions. The only thing I dont like about the Botanticals gelle; besides price, is that it does leave the hair alittle hard, but not as hard as the giovanni la gel.

I gotta buy some more conditioner. I really hope I can find the tressume avocado conditioner.

My Trader Joe's TTT came yesterday. I used it today in my BS and water mix. For me, KKKT has slightly more slip although I did feel like I could maybe dilute TTT a little more (first impressions)- I didn't. Applying it for my DC, this stuff lathers more than KKKT. So far, I like the feel of both on my hair and I can see me using this for step 1 and 2, and using KKKT for step 4.
It's currently on my head for another 30 mins (1hr total). We shall see how it absorbs...

Went to get a demi permanent today and a little shaping/lining done to my TWA. I'm now trying to undo what she put on my head...step 1 shortened to only 5-10 minutes, step 2 under the steamer for 30 minutes, skipping step 3 and ending with 4&5.

I DC for a long time yesterday and my scalp itched like crazy today. No more overnight or long DC for me, I'll be steaming in the moisture here on out.

Just got back from vacation, couldn't be bothered to do my hair so I am rocking a 7 day wash and go with the UFD curly magic. It held up quite well honestly. I just refreshed every morning with water and shook. I never go this long without re-doing my WNG unless im on vacation so I hope there arent too many tangles..

Doing the full monte treatment today...CL, DC with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, 1 hour with heatcap. Currently at the clay step with rhassoul mixed with honey, warm water, a bit of cayenne pepper and a splash of ACV. I love the clay step. My hair loves the clay step. Adjusting my recipe and applying to detangled hair and detangling as I apply the clay has made all the difference. I'm getting a clay facial, too. :)

image-1062702657.jpg

This is my hair after the clay with no product. I am struggling to get a good pic of my hair but it feels so soft and looks like someone else's hair.

Last edited:
I was diluting my gel too at one point, don't know why I stopped but I'm about to start back.

Saw this video on Naturally Curly. I want to give this method a try next wash day. I do my wng's in the shower anyway so I figure why not. I think I can get away without sectioning, not sure about that funny acting front section of mine though. I have the CR moisture milk but I'm not sure if I would use that or conditioner. I'll report back on the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmzG2Gb2Cl4

Um no. Well before I say her wng technique didn't work for me let me just say that it could've been the products. I used CRN moisture milk as she did in the video and Hello Curly for my gel. The two products did not mesh well and when I took the tshirt off my hair was white and gunky looking. I probably should've used my usual leave-in.

I wore my hair out today and loved it. No pics, sorry- kinda mad I forgot to take any lol.

Anyway last night I kept the conditioner on for an hour. I absorbed some, although my hair still looked a little white. Upon washing it out, my hair was soft and felt the most defined it's felt without product.

I mixed some rhassoul clay, honey, ACV, cayenne pepper and water and left his on my hair for an hr (these were supposed to be reduced times but I just can't help myself).

I finished around 1.30 this morning lol.

I'd just like to say I am living my new hair accessory; the banana clip. I don't know why nut this is one accessory I never used before. Sometimes it the little things:grin:

faithVA and KiWiStyle ...got my NG conditioners (plural) today. I bought three of them, Aloe & Avocado, Mango & Coconut Water and Herbal Blends, with my PJ self. I haven't tried any of them yet because they didn't arrive in the mail before I got to that step. I can't wait to love them.

Last edited:
Doing the full monte treatment today...CL, DC with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, 1 hour with heatcap. Currently at the clay step with rhassoul mixed with honey, warm water, a bit of cayenne pepper and a splash of ACV. I love the clay step. My hair loves the clay step. Adjusting my recipe and applying to detangled hair and detangling as I apply the clay has made all the difference. I'm getting a clay facial, too. :)

This is my hair after the clay with no product. I am struggling to get a good pic of my hair but it feels so soft and looks like someone else's hair.

Your results are beautiful!! What did your hair look like before?

faithVA and KiWiStyle ...got my NG conditioners (plural) today. I bought three of them, Aloe & Avocado, Mango & Coconut Water and Herbal Blends, with my PJ self. I haven't tried any of them yet because they didn't arrive in the mail before I got to that step. I can't wait to love them.

I'll be ordering some soon...let us know how you love it. Cattypus1

Your results are beautiful!! What did your hair look like before? Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
Thank you..I don't have any before pics because I was lazy but I wish I did because I really need to see my progress. I must do better. It was a tangled matted mess from 4 days of WNGs with only mild finger detangling and because I didn't sleep in a satin bonnet last night but I did have my satin pillowcase.

I finally ordered some rhasshoul clay from butters n bars, I can't wait to see the difference from the red clay! I only ordered 2lbs. for now, it should get me 4-6 applications.

I finally ordered some rhasshoul clay from butters n bars, I can't wait to see the difference from the red clay! I only ordered 2lbs. for now, it should get me 4-6 applications.

2 lbs should last you a few months especially beings you have a TWA. If it doesn't your clay is too thick. But rhassoul is thicker than red so you should be able to use less clay per water.

2 lbs should last you a few months especially beings you have a TWA. If it doesn't your clay is too thick. But rhassoul is thicker than red so you should be able to use less clay per water.

Awesome, thanks faithVA! When i first started, I used a pound per day...it didn't take long before I realized that was problematic. Can I premix an entire 1lb and store for later use?

Awesome, thanks faithVA! When i first started, I used a pound per day...it didn't take long before I realized that was problematic. Can I premix an entire 1lb and store for later use?

Yes you can. But I would suggest starting out with 4 tbs first to get your measurements right before moving on to a pound. And I decrease the oil and honey in the rhassoul because it really isn't needed. So I just add a drop. If you start out with small batches you will understand the rhassoul clay better to tailor it to your needs.

Awesome, thanks faithVA! When i first started, I used a pound per day...it didn't take long before I realized that was problematic. Can I premix an entire 1lb and store for later use? Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
I use about 6-7 tbs of clay, about a tbs of honey, about a tsp of cayenne pepper, a splash of ACV and enough warm water to make a runny mixture about the consistency of a milkshake. I've discovered that a little goes a long way. I use an old SD jar with a lid so that I can stir and/or shake as needed. I wish I knew what the cayenne was for...I saw it in someone's recipe and tried it.

Back