March 2014 Hits & Misses

OMG I think lustrasilks moisture max keratin leave in has become my holy grail. not only are my curls touchably soft, but they are frizz free as well! It also alows me to have volume and definition which is a balance that i could never get when using heavy creams and gels.

I am really impressed with this beauty supply store find. it exceeded my expectation tremendously plus its not expensive! i would love it if it came in a bigger bottle but the size it comes in is more than enough.

Napp

Where the hayle have you been! Please don't disappear again, or I'll have to beat you up! :spank:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

@Napp

Where the hayle have you been! Please don't disappear again, or I'll have to beat you up! :spank:

LOL! I have been so busy with school and life that I just dont have much time to post. its my last semester so i really need to work hard!

I just bought a new BKT though and i am so ready to try it (cadiveu glamour) I have been just wearing celie braids under a hat for the most part.:look: although the lustrasilk has my hair looking the bomb so i might put off the bkt until graduation day.

Revisited hit:

Nature's Gate Daily Herbal Conditioner

I don't know why I stopped using their conditioners. Their conditioners keep my hair so soft and moisturized.

MISS
Keracare setting foam.
This doesn't dry my hair out but it doesn't set it either. I used my curlformers with the Beautiful texture mousse on one side and the Keracare on the other. The Keracare side is already frizzy after 3 hours. For the price, I expected better results.

Hit: Bask Apple and Sorghum Syrup on damp hair as a leave in, soft juicy twist, subtle scent of apple and moist hair...... love it

Hit:

Annabelle's Perfect Blends-
Hair cream in Birthday Cake- Yummy smell AND CREAMY. A little does go a long way.
Hair and Scalp treat- I LOVE the consistency of this- it is very light, melts in your hand and full of great oils. I am loving this at the moment as directed- a scalp oil and sealer for hair after the hair cream.
I also love the White Chocolate Deep Conditioner, too. Very Nice!!!!!

I want to order more, but want to make it worth the shipping... I want to try the hair pudding.

I think that these items will be staples for me... Finally, some new staples!!!!!!

New Hit: KeraCare Sulfate -Free Hydrating Detangling Shampoo.

I feel like I'm stepping out on my original moisturizing poo SD Go Moist :sekret:

This stuff smells great! My hair felt like I was rinsing out a r/o conditioner, not a poo. Please note that I always cleanse/ lather up twice to ensure my hair and scalp are clean, because I only cleanse/wash my hair bi-weekly. No stripped feeling here!

It has carboxylic acid in it. Now all I need to do is investigate the surfactants vs. Sodium myreth sulfate.

Normally, I get all orgasmic over deep conditioner, not poo :blush:

New Hit: KeraCare Sulfate -Free Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. I feel like I'm stepping out on my original moisturizing poo SD Go Moist :sekret: This stuff smells great! My hair felt like I was rinsing out a r/o conditioner, not a poo. Please note that I always cleanse/ lather up twice to ensure my hair and scalp are clean, because I only cleanse/wash my hair bi-weekly. No stripped feeling here! It has carboxylic acid in it. Now all I need to do is investigate the surfactants vs. Sodium myreth sulfate. Normally, I get all orgasmic over deep conditioner, not poo :blush: Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF
I love love this shampoo at first. Rinsing it out feels like rinsing a conditioner with lots of slip. But then my hair started feeling very dry before I apply my DC. I stopped using, but been thinking about revisiting since I had porosity issues at the time. I think my hair likes sodium myreth sulfate, cause go moist and elucence moisture benefits are my staples on rotation. When I want SLS it s joico moisture recovery which i also love. I will take the joico over the many sulfate free shampoo s I ve tried actually.

I love love this shampoo at first. Rinsing it out feels like rinsing a conditioner with lots of slip. But then my hair started feeling very dry before I apply my DC. I stopped using, but been thinking about revisiting since I had porosity issues at the time. I think my hair likes sodium myreth sulfate, cause go moist and elucence moisture benefits are my staples on rotation. When I want SLS it s joico moisture recovery which i also love. I will take the joico over the many sulfate free shampoo s I ve tried actually.

ronie If and when you revisit it please report back. What does the Eluence smell like? For clarification, you prefer the joico mr over SD Go Moist and Eluence?

If I start having any issues with the KeraCare, I'll let you know.

I'm off to CM to look at the Eluence ingredients.

ETA: CM has 20% off Eluence products right now with promo code BANK20.

Last edited:
ronie If and when you revisit it please report back. What does the Eluence smell like? For clarification, you prefer the joico mr over SD Go Moist and Eluence? If I start having any issues with the KeraCare, I'll let you know. I'm off to CM to look at the Eluence ingredients. Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF
I prefer the joico mr over the sulfate free shampoos I ve tried ( design essentials, con argan oil, as I am, ors curls unleashed, Shea moisture and many more I can't remember). They all left me with dry brittle hair. Go moist and elucence are my babies. They both leave my hair soft, easy to separate and apply DC. The both have SMS.

Hit:

Annabelle's Perfect Blends-
Hair cream in Birthday Cake- Yummy smell AND CREAMY. A little does go a long way.
Hair and Scalp treat- I LOVE the consistency of this- it is very light, melts in your hand and full of great oils. I am loving this at the moment as directed- a scalp oil and sealer for hair after the hair cream.
I also love the White Chocolate Deep Conditioner, too. Very Nice!!!!!

I want to order more, but want to make it worth the shipping... I want to try the hair pudding.

I think that these items will be staples for me... Finally, some new staples!!!!!!

SoSwanky

That link you have posted in your siggy had me dyyyying and rooollling oon the floor! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Revisiting Giovanni Smooth as Silk, as a leave-in. YESSS FADDA GAWD!!! Smooth as silk? No. Smooth as BUTTA!! So, yea..that's a HIT.
Also, styling on damp (vs soaking wet) hair. My hair will actually dry TODAY, thank u lord!

Hit: I used NaturelleGrow Marshmallow Slippery Elm as a quick conditioner when I realized that my hair wasn't detangling after my deep conditioner today. I could immediately feel it working. I was able to comb my hair within seconds after using it.

I had used this last week as a deep conditioner with honey, and been very disappointed with the results. Today it was been avenged. Even if I never use this as a deep conditioner, I will keep it on hand as an excellent detangler.

Thanks to EnExitStageLeft

Welp, one hit, one miss

Hit: Beautiful Textures DC as a moisturizer, made my hair very soft. I am currently trying it as a leave in, final verdict coming soon.

Miss: Hairveda Moist Condition 24-7 as a DC. The application was just okay, and when I rinsed it out, my hair just felt...meh...nothing to brag about.

It seems my DCs with protein are the best ones but I am trying to alternate with moisturizing ones to keep my balance.

Miss:

My beloved Qredew breaking on me.

Hit:

Qredew sending me a new one monday.

BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Hit

Giovanni 2 chic smoothing conditioner for co wash. Nice, soft hair, it was meh as an after shampoo but excellent for co washing.

Kiss color semi permanent rinse was easy to apply, rinsed nicely. Didn't make my hair stuff and color applied evenly. One bottle covered my med-long hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Continued Hits:
Hairveda Methi Set
SheScentIt Fortifying Hair Mask
KeraVada Hair Oils
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Ayurvedic Hair Crème & APB Scalp Rx

Hits:
-Crystal eco styler. Don't know whats different but it doesn't flake up on me anymore so a small dab per section is great for braid outs
-Henna
-Bask palm tapioca

Miss:
-CURLS Cleansing Cream. Wasn't anything "gentle" about this stuff on my hair. Stripped it completely. Tried it twice, returned it.

Continued hit:

Eco styler pink, brown gels. Yesssssss! My Boos!

Kinky Curly come clean shampoo. I am so happy with this cleanser. Turns out my fine hair needs less not more. Muy bueno!

Miss:

Eco styler blue. This ish had no hold. Made my hair look crunchy and not cute at all...... Even after tying with a scarf. No. Go. No. Bueno.

Back