March 2014 Hits & Misses

HITS

This time I mixed Nupur 9 Henna with coconut milk and I absolutely LOVE it...my hair felt so much softer! I am very pleased and will stick to that.

This is exactly how I plan to do next month. I love coconut milk and I wish I could incorporate it into my regimen more!

[USER=64213 said:
Froreal3[/USER];19735849]Can't wait to try the SSI Okra ppl have been raving about. Wanna see what all the hype is about.

Philippians413 Did you use a moisturizing dc afterward?

Yes, but I really didn't need to. I only used one because the directions said to.

Hit: AsIam coconut coconut cowash - first time using it and it left my hair soft and manageable. It's thick and smells really good. I was able to comb through my new growth! Definitely using regularly.

Hit: D'arcy lemongrass transition creme. It is so thick. I really liked it before, but now that I followed someone else's suggestion and mixed it with water in a spray bottle I absolutely love it. It makes my hair feel soft and moist. I follow that with a mixture of rice bran, coconut, and olive oil. I'm also keeping the cost down by diluting it.

Possible miss: NaturelleGrow marshmallow root, slippery elm bark and cinnamon. I sat under the dryer for thirty minutes with this on Saturday. I did add some honey. When I rinsed, there was no slip! None what so ever. My hair did feel moisturized, but without that slip, I'm facing an uphill detangling battle. I don't know if the problem was the honey, so I am willing to give another chance, but I was really disappointed.

Hit: the lovely curl pattern of my new growth.

Miss: my fear of bc'ing for the 3rd time.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Continued hits:

Curl Junkie Curl Rehab - lovely as a leave in

Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk- HG

Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee - single best detangler whenever I pull out the comb

Grape seed oil- This gave me softness, shine, elasticity and will always be in my rotation of oils.

Brand New Hits:

Organix Coconut Water - increased my hairs manageability and smoothness

Combing damp hair- saved time, cleaned out most of my shed hair and my hair is still more manageable than before nearly a week later. I am one of those people who cant rely entirely or even mostly on finger detangling.

Curl Junkie Repair Me: Incredible slip, pleasant scent, highly moisturizing and my coils were in FULL effect after this treatment. HG heavy protein treatment, hands down.

Cont. Hit:

Claudies Montego Bay Oil..........Its Crack, I'm convinced and in love and just picked up another one because there is no way I can have less then 2 in my stash :love:

Potential Hit:

Soultanicals Knot Sauce......This stuff right here just might be the one. My hair air dried buttery last night and I'm convinced that the knot sauce and montego bay oil were the reason. I also used it as the C in my LCOB tonight. I'll report back tomorrow with the results.

Hit:

D'arcy lemongrass transition creme. It is so thick. I really liked it before, but now that I followed someone else's suggestion and mixed it with water in a spray bottle I absolutely love it. It makes my hair feel soft and moist.

This is exactly what I do. I dilute it and it works much better.

Continued hit:
QB olive and honey hydrating balm

I used this in DS's hair yesterday and his dad was like "his hair is so soft" while brushing it.

It's a staple for me as well (3 bottles in the stash)

Just came back to update on the Soultanicals Knot Sauce......

My hair feels like smoother satin topped with silky with just a touch of buttah' with a little YASSSSSSSS on the side.....LOVING IT! Lets hope this continues. If so, I will be picking up the 32 oz.

Love the DB hair spritz! I need to reorder.

Miss:
Oyin Greg Juice - I was happy to have a hair spritz that I can buy on the ground. It's at a local WF in DC, and now at Target of course. I ran to WF with the groupon deal. But I forgot about the glycerin, it's sticky and it's drying in the winter. I even poured some in a small spray bottle and diluted it but no luck. Applied a moisturizer on top of it this morning, still don't like the feel on my hair.

Back it goes to WF and back to my beloved DB spray.

Hits
Revised Darcy Botanical Herbal Spritz as a refresher (especially with this warm weather we are getting)
Darcy Botanical moisturizing mask

Natural Oasis steamed in after DC (then twist to dry...my hair dries so much faster to 80% rather than putting a leave in then I blow dry on med to stretch hair) oh yeah this med heat stretching is what my hair needs...no more complete air drying for me!

Continued Hits: Organic Coconut Oil, My honey/EVOO DC's, Heat Therapy Wrap, Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In

New Hits:
No Poo Shikakai-Soapnut Organic Shampoo by NaturallyAmari (Possible Staple--left my hair feeling clean and moisturized! Didn't know that was possible with a shampoo!

Misses
Clays on my hair….I just can't …:nono:
Entwine 'The Manipulator' Creme Jelle Styler & 'Indulgently Luxe' Exotique Butter-Creme Hydrator, these two products right here…were a waste of $30. Made my braid out a greasy hard disaster!! :bat:

Two big technique hits:

Bantu loops at the end of twists for twist out as demonstrated in this video (by my favorite natural YouTuber etcBlogMag) beginning at 6:30
http://youtu.be/FHkRjU1lWsQ
This technique saves time, gives the prettiest curls at the ends of my hair, and makes it comfortable to sleep.

Detangling cocktail: as demonstrated by KinkyCurlyCoilyMe in this video:
http://youtu.be/h573mDB2gec
I used this for the first time on myself and DD and had the quickest and easiest detangling session ever. I used warm water, Yes To Cucumbers Color Care Daily Makeover Conditioner, and amla oil.

Last edited:
Hits

Molasses under TGIN Honey Hair mask as a prepoo. Good goodness moogly. When I rinsed out my hair was so soft and supple, as well as bouncy. Keeper!

Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk application, After first it seems heavy but as it went into my hair , it instantly absorbed. I'll check back once I rinse it out

Continued Hit

Shescentit Blueberry Cowash , love that fact that I can add it to my hair and scrub my scalp without it dripping. This allows me to go to each section and then rinse. As I was rinsing , I could see the dirt floating away. Hair was soft and ready to go!

Hit: rosewater and herbal essences naked conditioner in a spray bottle..great moisture mix

BeeMine balancing moisturizer
EVCO

On the fence: As I am coconut cowash....gotta try again when I'm not washing my hair in the sink and I'm not distracted

Miss: macadamia oil intensive hydrating mask...nothing hydrating about this conditioner..dry, dry hair. This is going straight to the trash can

Dayjoy Thx for sharing about the cocoon knots at the end of your twists and posting the video. That's a good idea!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Just came back to update on the Soultanicals Knot Sauce......

My hair feels like smoother satin topped with silky with just a touch of buttah' with a little YASSSSSSSS on the side.....LOVING IT! Lets hope this continues. If so, I will be picking up the 32 oz.

I want to try that knot sauce so bad I think you done pushed me to get it!! :yep:

Hit: Silk Dreams Chocolate Bliss Conditioner. My hair felt so soft and moisturized.

Miss: Bee Mine Beeutiful Deep Conditioner. It left my hair dry and tangled... I think it was probably the Shea Butter in it, my hair doesn't seem to like Shea Butter.

Miss:
Jane Carter Creamy Leave-In Styling Smoother- even with all the butters in this formula and using in as a cream in the LCO method cause its quite thick....it makes my hair feel dry which is weird. Jane's products don't really work for me & I've tried several. They make my hair dry, hard or aren't that moisturizing in spite of all the butters. I'm glad I got this at a meetup and didn't pay for it! Maybe I will try it with the baggy method one mo' gin, LOL

Continued Hits:
Giovanni Shampoos (SAS, Chinese Botanicals, & 50:50) & Aubrey's Conditioners (GBP, Island Naturals, J.A.Y. & HSR)
LCO method instead of LOC
Komaza sprays ( aloe my hair,califa) & shea butter lotion
Claudie's Revitalizer (quinoa-coffee balancing, balancing ends insurance)
Darcy's Botanical's leave-in
Afroveda Whipped gelly

Hit
Annabelle's Perfect Blends
Leave in Pudding - Caramel Crunch

Continued Hit
Blueberry Cheesecake DC
Loads of coconut leave in spray
Hair cream - Blueberry

I want to try the Birthday Cake scent. I have the Cookie Dough scent in the moisturizing conditioner. I haven't tried it yet though.

Well folks, it's official...I finally got around to trying the As I Am Coconut Co-wash and all I can say is WOWWWW. The slip is amazing. I did a wash and go this morning with it and my tangles melted instantly. I didnt do anything to my hair the night before so that was a great test to see how it handled my 4b textured Fro in the morning. I must admit that it did leave my hair feeling "very clean"; so one application is good enough for me. In the future I will use this in the evening though, so I can have plenty of time to properly moisturize and then twist my hair afterwards.

This was a HIT and I give this product 5 out 5. I do think it is worth the price and I will definitely be repurchasing it again.

In your opinions, is the rest of the line as good? I plan to research the rest of their products now.

Hit: Pantene cleansing conditioner it's moisturizing cleans well and makes my curls pop!
Continued hit: liquid gol butters thoes thing are amazing!!

Well folks, it's official...I finally got around to trying the As I Am Coconut Co-wash and all I can say is WOWWWW. The slip is amazing. I did a wash and go this morning with it and my tangles melted instantly. I didnt do anything to my hair the night before so that was a great test to see how it handled my 4b textured Fro in the morning. I must admit that it did leave my hair feeling "very clean"; so one application is good enough for me. In the future I will use this in the evening though, so I can have plenty of time to properly moisturize and then twist my hair afterwards. This was a HIT and I give this product 5 out 5. I do think it is worth the price and I will definitely be repurchasing it again. In your opinions, is the rest of the line as good? I plan to research the rest of their products now.
Their products have been hit or miss with me. I think I have their entire line and the only thing I really like is their smoothing gel. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back