LHCF on the Tyra Banks Show!!!!

spiceykitten

ditto!!!
I just think with soooo many members we would loose the close community of the board. Right now there are still members who I don't recognize by screen name but at least I know (in the internet type of way) the women who post often.

I think the book idea is a great one....we can still spread the word about hair care and protect our precious board!!

No offense, but close community. There are some people who are out going and caring enough to share. There are many women, men, different races and ethnic groups that come here daily. Some that are paid members and some who not members but read the posts.

When I found longhairlovers..than found LHCF via that spot..I was not looking for a close community or friends. I was just looking to find out about hair and liked seeing other women with long hair.

I met some lovely ladies on here. I mean lovely and classy and when I have more time I will meet them and/or give them a call.

I truly believe in that dream..longhairlady..or Robin..think her name was..that every black woman will have long flowing hair and whatever communication vehicle they can find to meet their goals than so be it.

Pay your 5 bucks and join up or keep lurking and learn. I will keep spreading the LHCF word.

honeycomb719

Please, no one take offense to what I am about to say:

Okay, say LHCF gets featured on Tyra and tons of people come to the board. I'm sure that all a lot of people will take from this board is that black women NEED to use vaginal yeast infection cream and horse stuff to grow their hair. That would piss me off. I know (or think) that the majority of us DONT use these growth aids, but you *know* that people would come on here thinking that. "Yea, they can grow hair, but not naturally." :nono:

No thank you.

Healthy haircare shouldnt be a secret, but some things SHOULD be. :lachen:

Ha! I couldnt agree more.:grin:

MariposaSexyGirl

Twist your message:grin::rolleyes: I did not say you were a hater..gosh how people jump on me when I write anything but use to it.:rolleyes: Did the word pimping offend you:look: or the fact I said short and medium hair women could wear those shirts..it was just a comment. I am not a short or medium hair defender. I have long hair but like to include all. No biggie..so quick how people judge but do not want you to judge them or make a comment....heard twist a word before...:look: but take that with grain of salt. Oh forgot not apart of the clique..:lachen:who think they rule LHCF land. Oh I feel so sad :rolleyes::grin: maybe I will not be invited to a meet up or requested as a friend.:look: Thank you for being sure little spicey realize something..:look:

ANYWAYS>>>

I think your idea is great, in fact I supported it with my comment. I think that everyone should know that black women are capable of growing their hair, there may be some exceptions like in every race that will never reach a certain point. Yet, the truth is why is it such a big deal that black women prove they they can do anything. Black women have been doing everything under the sun for ages. I really hate the fact that many people still think a black woman has to change or prove anything, even black women themselves. I think it is great other races know a black woman can grow her hair but is it truly that important and if so then a lot people have to ask themselves a deeper reason why?:look:

My only other comment was that LHCF should be exposed more and that people should stop acting like they own this board. I want every black woman, woman of color or any kinky, curly hair woman to benefit from this site. You can learn a lot and I believe in sharing the blessings.

I feel if people are upset about being exposed or others being exposed than don't post your business. Take it to email or pm land. I discuss things with only those I trust and ask people not to share my pics or conversation. If you post online than you have no recourse and if you do not tell people your wishes than you have no recourse either. I like to have more control if my business was going to be exposed. There is no control in Internet land.

Overall, liked your post and that is why I responded.:look: You have no worry..you are not using any coochie cream!:blush::grin: I did not and will not either..so I don't care. As long I know the truth, than who cares what other people think. People will think good and bad no matter what you do.[/quote]

TRUE DAT! I agree with you!

Lovelylocs

I agree w/several of the other posters in this thread. Although I don't really like the perception that black women can't grow their hair long, I don't exactly mind being one of the few black women w/long hair either. :ohwell: It makes me stand out! That's right I said it! The truth is that I don't want everybody to know about the LHCF. I never tell people outside of my immediate family that I am a member. :nono: I don't deny that I have 4a hair and that I just take care of it and I will offer a little advice when asked, but that's it. No one needs to know that I am obsessed w/hair or all the effort I put into growing it out. Actually, people would probably think I was crazy. :lol:

If they made this board a private community and membership by invitation only like thefashionspot.com is, I wouldn't be mad. Just being honest! :yep: :p

spiceykitten

I agree w/several of the other posters in this thread. Although I don't really like the perception that black women can't grow their hair long, I don't exactly mind being one of the few black women w/long hair either. :ohwell: It makes me stand out! That's right I said it! The truth is that I don't want everybody to know about the LHCF. I never tell people outside of my immediate family that I am a member. :nono: I don't deny that I have 4a hair and that I just take care of it and I will offer a little advice when asked, but that's it. No one needs to know that I am obsessed w/hair or all the effort I put into growing it out. Actually, people would probably think I was crazy. :lol:

If they made this board a private community and membership by invitation only like thefashionspot.com is, I wouldn't be mad. Just being honest! :yep: :p

I so respect your honesty.:yep: Although I do find it sad.:nono: Yet, I have the highest respect for you because I appreciate when a person is so honest and direct. I really like that..you have totally won my respect and attention..not that you need it.:look:

Yet, a lot of black women feel that way. I see so many black women say I am not giving up my regimen or not fully sharing. They like being the "black pokohantas". Some are too ashamed to admit it or want to be deny it but mad respect to you for being honest.

Last edited:

MissLawyerLady

Someone on the board once said that women should have to find LHCF for themselves and then it means more to them. I agree. I am a little selfish about the board. :)

Now that's deep...especially since it applies to me. I lucked up on LHCF and now it is my own little secret space.

Treasure2k6

Oh my...I was about to ask when, where and how can i get a ticket to be in the audience!! lol Great Idea though. LHCF to me is like a Sisterhood. I think we need some greek letters to represent! LOL

chicacanella

Yeah, that is a great idea. It would be much more civil if it was controlled in an invitation only manner.:yep:

kbfluff

I think I get kind of selfish sometimes, cause I really don't want all these people, which may mean more haters coming to the forum lurking and then going to people's fotkis saying, "You know you need to stop lying. Take dat weave out." I don't want that.

But on the other hand, there will be more people who genuinely are interested.

Yeah, I think alot of haters would come and ruin the site. It's a shame, but we all know it to be true.
Plus I doubt that Tyra would put it on her show. I mean maybe she would, but bear in mind SHE seems to always wear a long lux weave. Last time i saw her real hair was in "Higher Learning"...@ least I thought it was hers.
Modeling isn't an industry that is kind and gentle to heads of hair. She may not want a show tailored around Black women with 100% Real long hair and not be able to participate and truely moderate the show as a fellow "real" long haired individual.
After all, the show is called T Y R A....lol

Last edited:

sylver2

I don't care who knows about LHCF. I love sharing what works for me.
The truth is not everyone would be willing to go thru what we do in order to obtain our goals. If I had a penny for every person who asked me about my regimen etc I tell them and they don't listen. I refer everyone to the board, they don't want to have to go thru all that. A large percentage really do want quick solutions even if they do know how to go about somethng. i think we are a very small percentage

santia

Girl.........I thought you was about to say someone was from lhcf on the show or someone mentioned LHCF. :spinning:
Yeah that would be great, but to be honest, I dont know if I want them shouting out the board like that. not that I dont want LHCF to get props, but this place would become a madhouse with new members. I would definately like seeing a show where they talked about healthy hair care for black women with different hair types as well as talk about and even demonstrate some of the practices we do here.

I thought the same

SouthernTease

Tyra did have this show concept for women obsessed with their hair.
I applied to be on the show... that was a long time ago... Why just Tyra??? Let's take it all the way to OPRAH!!!

SpiritJunkie

Someone on the board once said that women should have to find LHCF for themselves and then it means more to them. I agree. I am a little selfish about the board. :)

i'm with you on this. those who are genuinely into hair care like us would find it the same way we did.

YUMMY28

I just read this whole thread Everyone is entitled to their opinion so please stop biting people's heads off geesh

JazzyDez

Twist your message:grin::rolleyes: I did not say you were a hater..gosh how people jump on me when I write anything but use to it.:rolleyes: Did the word pimping offend you:look: or the fact I said short and medium hair women could wear those shirts..it was just a comment. I am not a short or medium hair defender. I have long hair but like to include all. No biggie..so quick how people judge but do not want you to judge them or make a comment....heard twist a word before...:look: but take that with grain of salt. Oh forgot not apart of the clique..:lachen:who think they rule LHCF land. Oh I feel so sad :rolleyes::grin: maybe I will not be invited to a meet up or requested as a friend.:look: Thank you for being sure little spicey realize something..:look:

ANYWAYS>>>

I think your idea is great, in fact I supported it with my comment. I think that everyone should know that black women are capable of growing their hair, there may be some exceptions like in every race that will never reach a certain point. Yet, the truth is why is it such a big deal that black women prove they they can do anything. Black women have been doing everything under the sun for ages. I really hate the fact that many people still think a black woman has to change or prove anything, even black women themselves. I think it is great other races know a black woman can grow her hair but is it truly that important and if so then a lot people have to ask themselves a deeper reason why?:look:

My only other comment was that LHCF should be exposed more and that people should stop acting like they own this board. I want every black woman, woman of color or any kinky, curly hair woman to benefit from this site. You can learn a lot and I believe in sharing the blessings.

I feel if people are upset about being exposed or others being exposed than don't post your business. Take it to email or pm land. I discuss things with only those I trust and ask people not to share my pics or conversation. If you post online than you have no recourse and if you do not tell people your wishes than you have no recourse either. I like to have more control if my business was going to be exposed. There is no control in Internet land.

Overall, liked your post and that is why I responded.:look: You have no worry..you are not using any coochie cream!:blush::grin: I did not and will not either..so I don't care. As long I know the truth, than who cares what other people think. People will think good and bad no matter what you do.

Me personally, I am not trying to prove to any other race that a black woman can grow their hair. Truthfully, I dont care what they think about my hair. But I would, however, like to prove to black women that they can grow their hair. Why you ask? Because a lot of them truly dont think that they can. It has been a struggle for black women, especially post-slavery who didn't have any hair care traditions passed down to them. Of course relaxers tripled the problem since most weren't properly educated on how to care for relaxed hair. I'm glad that we have the knowledge now because I CRINGE when I see black women and children with dry, chewed-up overprocessed hair. There are so many black women and families who struggle with unhealthy hair care simply due to lack of knowledge.

I would love to see healthy hair care information common knowledge for all of us, but I don't think we need to put the site on blast to do that. I mean I CAN'T be having the LHCF server temporarily shut down due to high volume :nono: :look:

camibella

BTW,
, prchiquita!

Thank you for the warm welcome!!! I love this site. Almost like a small community of individuals "obsessed" (if I may say it) with haircare.

silverlotus

Yeah, I think alot of haters would come and ruin the site. It's a shame, but we all know it to be true.
Plus I doubt that Tyra would put it on her show. I mean maybe she would, but bear in mind SHE seems to always wear a long lux weave. Last time i saw her real hair was in "Higher Learning"...@ least I thought it was hers.
Modeling isn't an industry that is kind and gentle to heads of hair. She may not want a show tailored around Black women with 100% Real long hair and not be able to participate and truely moderate the show as a fellow "real" long haired individual.
After all, the show is called T Y R A....lol

I agree, especially seeing as how Tyra always feels the need to mention her "hair weave". In my eyes, she's a big offender when it comes to promoting the idea that black women can't have long hair unless it's a weave. She herself probably wouldn't believe the results that are on this board. :perplexed

I do like the idea of putting out a book, tho or even a magazine.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I agree, especially seeing as how Tyra always feels the need to mention her "hair weave". In my eyes, she's a big offender when it comes to promoting the idea that black women can't have long hair unless it's a weave. She herself probably wouldn't believe the results that are on this board. :perplexed

I do like the idea of putting out a book, tho or even a magazine.

Thanks so much for saying this Silverlotus! I love ANTM but the part about hair drives me loca! :wallbash:

I agree that while Tyra is about promoting good self-esteem, she obviously has personal issues when it comes to hair! Her show always validates the idea that the ONLY time black women have long hair is when it's a weave. I do think however think that Tyra would love a hair forum like this one. I think she is in major need of WANTING to know that her own hair can grow to the length of her weaves.

Barbara

Princess
I think I get kind of selfish sometimes, cause I really don't want all these people, which may mean more haters coming to the forum lurking and then going to people's fotkis saying, "You know you need to stop lying. Take dat weave out." I don't want that.

But on the other hand, there will be more people who genuinely are interested.

I stumbled across this board; let them do the same. :superbanana:

Last edited:

princessnad

I like the idea BUT Tyra :rolleyes:

She has so many hair issues and can be so catty and know it all sometimes that I don't know if it will go well. She loves hiding behind her 'blackness' to explain her lacking hair practices and her lace fronts.

luckiestdestiny

Last night I was looking on my cell phone internet on stuff about waist length hair(yes I'm obsessed). And I came across the question an African American woman was asking this women who was caucasian(I assume) if she would be able to grow her hair to her waist and that she was running into problems because it wouldn't go past her shoulders and she wanted advice. Can you believe the first thing that came out that ladies mouth was that it had alot to do with "genetics" and that might be her terminal length. I thought, "Oh no she didn't". It's been on my mind ever since and it kind of bothers me that people have this perception that us Black women don't have the genetics to grow our hair long.
Even though we have thousands of women on this site that prove just the opposite ,for some reason you don't see alot of these women walking around in everyday life. And I think maybe we should contact Tyra and introduce the subject to her and have her make a show of it. And have a few long haired women from this website to rep us with those LHCF shirts on that some one on here is selling. So every body most importantly the black woman knows that they can grow their hair as long as they want and there is no set limit because of "genetics". So we can stop hearing these myths about "our hair".
Could you imagine after that show how many black women would join this site? Is Tyra's show showing in other countries? But of coarse we have to bring our sister forum(Long Hair Community) on there too to share there tips that a geared to women that want long hair that are not of color. So that it would be an interesting show that everyone would want to watch. Because I know some caucasian women who want long gorgeous hair too. Could you imagine? ...........I'm sorry I'm just thinking out loud.But you better not still my idea and go behind my back and take credit(hehe).What do you guys think?
That is a wonderful idea! Especially since tyra is always talking about her weave and being a black girl. Not that weaves are bad, but I always grimace because I'm thinking she keeps reinforcing that we must all have them if our hair is long.

ebonylocs

To the OP: Sientifically there is such thing as terminal growth. ...Now, you may be asking, why am I here if I believe in terminal growth? I do believe we can achieve our maximum lengh potential with healthy hair care

Yeah, I agree. We all have a terminal length. There are *very very few* people in the world whose hair stays in the anagen phase and so never sheds. But even for them, the older hair is going to wear out some time, and so break off / or have to be cut.

But most of us BW aren't reaching that terminal length, because our hair breaks off before we get there. I might have thought my TL was below shoulder /APL. But really it's probably midback/waist. And being on this site is helping me reach that.
______
The Tyra idea - I think that would be a bit much. But I was thinking of hair makeover show on BET or something like that. Kind of like "What not to wear", where people secretly nominate their relatives / friends with jacked-up hair (or maybe that would be too mean :look:). And then you'd have a team of hair divas (e.g. Macherie, Sistaslick, etc) who would take that person, give them some treatments, help them formulate a regimen, etc. Every episode could have a light, brief scientific lesson - about protein / moisture, ph, porosity, chemicals, growth cycle, etc.

Of course, given that it takes sometime to turn hair around, the different parts of the same episode would have to be shot at least say three months apart. So in one episode you'd have the three month before and after. And then, in later episodes you could check in on people 6 months later, a year later, even a couple of years later - depending on how long the show ran.

The show could have it's own website, with in depth info about hair care but leave off stuff that some people would find too ... strange (for whatever reason :rolleyes:).

Last edited:

Miss*Tress

I like the idea BUT Tyra :rolleyes:

She has so many hair issues and can be so catty and know it all sometimes that I don't know if it will go well. She loves hiding behind her 'blackness' to explain her lacking hair practices and her lace fronts.
Well said and this is true of Oprah and her ponytail too.

ricochet

Forgive me if I have any duplicate posts or ideas as I haven't read the whole thread. When I get back from church, I will read the whole thing. I am with you all on the lhcf being put out there on places like Tyra and Oprah. The site would be flooded with a bunch of ignorant people out there looking for that miracle product. We (black women with long hair) need that kind of exposure to dispel the myths but we (lhcf) don't need it. How about we write to Tyra and Oprah and tell them how we black women out here in cyberspace, who have done our research on how "our" hair grows, why it breaks off, AND have hair down our backs WITHOUT any mixed parentage, etc...how SICK AND TIRED we are of hearing phrases like (and I can't remember Tyra or Oprah's words verbatim, but I will do my best) their "growing up envying the girls with the ponytails and now I have my own and I am gonna wear it", "I need my weave", "I'm a black girl and "our" hair doesn't grow down our backs", etc, etc...

Instead of mentioning LHCF, how about we mention black women who have grown long hair and written books and have websites about how they did it, like Pamela Ferrell, Lonnice Brittenum Bonner, Cathy Howse, Robin from "Grow Afro Hair Long", and Carolyn Gray. I am not an avid Oprah or Tyra watcher but it seems to me that with all their "hair education" that they are always running off at the mouth about, industry exposure, and book clubs, that they would know about and mention these wonderful women (Carolyn, Cathy, Lonnice, etc) sometimes, and stop continuously BROADCASTING, literally, that black women's hair can't grow long, won't grow long, doesn't do this and that, can't get wet, the black woman has to wear a weave, etc. I am just so sick and tired of these types of comments coming from those two that I could just :barf. What do you all think?

Last edited:

Energist

Tyra has too much of a fixed opinion on Black hair, and she is highly opinionated. I would hate to see anything about this forum on her show. Let's keep our little secret here at home and amongst deserving friends and loved ones :ohwell:

Covergirl5906

I totally agree...I could only imagine the haters, naysayers, and trouble makers that would come on here as a result of a show about the board :rolleyes: Anyone who is truly interested and dedicated to having healthy hair will find this site...it isn't too hard...and I seriously doubt the queen of weave and lacefronts aka Tyra would do a show on black women growing healthy hair.

Arcadian

This website isn't private, you just have to pay to post. that said, y'all don't realize how much traffic this place gets do you?

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/longhaircareforum.com

Every board has its crazies and this one is not exempt, trust.

If this place go ton the Tyra show sure it would mean a little more work for the Mods because people can be a little crazy sometimes.:look: But they run the board smoothly and I believe that they would be able to handle the bump in memberships should they come.

And even though there are some experimental methods on this board, they are open and public. What some ladies are forgetting is that you don't have to sign to see and read posts, and plenty of posts do end up in the search engines.

So vaginal cream, horse oil, whatever, its already in the public domain. So, if you don't want the world to see it, too late, they saw it already!

On the flipside of that, I think that there are some very solid methods that women(and men) could use on this board for healthier hair. Should this board get huge recognition, so be it because its a fantastic board.

-A

Platinum

I totally agree...I could only imagine the haters, naysayers, and trouble makers that would come on here as a result of a show about the board :rolleyes: Anyone who is truly interested and dedicated to having healthy hair will find this site...it isn't too hard...and I seriously doubt the queen of weave and lacefronts aka Tyra would do a show on black women growing healthy hair.

:clapping::clapping: I agree with you 100%!:yep: