LHCF on the Tyra Banks Show!!!!

MariposaSexyGirl

Last night I was looking on my cell phone internet on stuff about waist length hair(yes I'm obsessed). And I came across the question an African American woman was asking this women who was caucasian(I assume) if she would be able to grow her hair to her waist and that she was running into problems because it wouldn't go past her shoulders and she wanted advice. Can you believe the first thing that came out that ladies mouth was that it had alot to do with "genetics" and that might be her terminal length. I thought, "Oh no she didn't". It's been on my mind ever since and it kind of bothers me that people have this perception that us Black women don't have the genetics to grow our hair long.
Even though we have thousands of women on this site that prove just the opposite ,for some reason you don't see alot of these women walking around in everyday life. And I think maybe we should contact Tyra and introduce the subject to her and have her make a show of it. And have a few long haired women from this website to rep us with those LHCF shirts on that some one on here is selling. So every body most importantly the black woman knows that they can grow their hair as long as they want and there is no set limit because of "genetics". So we can stop hearing these myths about "our hair".
Could you imagine after that show how many black women would join this site? Is Tyra's show showing in other countries? But of coarse we have to bring our sister forum(Long Hair Community) on there too to share there tips that a geared to women that want long hair that are not of color. So that it would be an interesting show that everyone would want to watch. Because I know some caucasian women who want long gorgeous hair too. Could you imagine? ...........I'm sorry I'm just thinking out loud.But you better not still my idea and go behind my back and take credit(hehe).What do you guys think?

Last edited:

JazzyDez

Girl.........I thought you was about to say someone was from lhcf on the show or someone mentioned LHCF. :spinning:

Yeah that would be great, but to be honest, I dont know if I want them shouting out the board like that. not that I dont want LHCF to get props, but this place would become a madhouse with new members. I would definately like seeing a show where they talked about healthy hair care for black women with different hair types as well as talk about and even demonstrate some of the practices we do here.

MariposaSexyGirl

Girl.........I thought you was about to say someone was from lhcf on the show or someone mentioned LHCF. :spinning:

Yeah that would be great, but to be honest, I dont know if I want them shouting out the board like that. not that I dont want LHCF to get props, but this place would become a madhouse with new members. I would definately like seeing a show where they talked about healthy hair care for black women with different hair types as well as talk about and even demonstrate someof the practices we do here.

yeah thats what i thought to...but i have such an imagination I like to do things BIG:grin:

BonBon

I was thinking before that it would be great if there was a high quality book with pictures of Black women with long hair off the forum and comments and stories, kinda like the Tenderheaded book but with pictures:look:.

blazingthru

Girl you had me thinking we was going to be on the show soon. I think its a great ideal but I wouldn't want all these extra people on the site either, I think the site will change dramatically. I don't think it would be as informative and I think there will be more problems. I kinda of feel like I won't be special anymore. This is my secret( I know it seems weird but I kinda of don't want every one to know) Don't get me wrong I want to help "some" people but not everyone. :look:

chicacanella

I think I get kind of selfish sometimes, cause I really don't want all these people, which may mean more haters coming to the forum lurking and then going to people's fotkis saying, "You know you need to stop lying. Take dat weave out." I don't want that.

But on the other hand, there will be more people who genuinely are interested.

♦K.O♦

Please, no one take offense to what I am about to say:

Okay, say LHCF gets featured on Tyra and tons of people come to the board. I'm sure that all a lot of people will take from this board is that black women NEED to use vaginal yeast infection cream and horse stuff to grow their hair. That would piss me off. I know (or think) that the majority of us DONT use these growth aids, but you *know* that people would come on here thinking that. "Yea, they can grow hair, but not naturally." :nono:

No thank you.

Healthy haircare shouldnt be a secret, but some things SHOULD be. :lachen:

MariposaSexyGirl

Okay, say LHCF gets featured on Tyra and tons of people come to the board. I'm sure that all a lot of people will take from this board is that black women NEED to use vaginal yeast infection cream and horse stuff to grow their hair. That would piss me off. I know (or think) that the majority of us DONT use these growth aids, but you *know* that people would come on here thinking that. "Yea, they can grow hair, but not naturally." :nono:

No thank you.

dern I forgot about the people who do that stuff on this site.....naw that wouldn't be good....:perplexed

chicacanella

No thank you.

Yeah, I agree. And I was thinking, maybe the long haired ladies can go on the site without saying anything about LHCF.

AvaSpeaks

Girl you had me thinking we was going to be on the show soon. I think its a great ideal but I wouldn't want all these extra people on the site either, I think the site will change dramatically. I don't think it would be as informative and I think there will be more problems. I kinda of feel like I won't be special anymore. This is my secret( I know it seems weird but I kinda of don't want every one to know) Don't get me wrong I want to help "some" people but not everyone. :look:

It would be interesting to be on a show where the host wears a weave to "protect" her hair.

SmartyPants

Last night I was looking on my cell phone internet on stuff about waist length hair(yes I'm obsessed). And I came across the question an African American woman was asking this women who was caucasian(I assume) if she would be able to grow her hair to her waist and that she was running into problems because it wouldn't go past her shoulders and she wanted advice. Can you believe the first thing that came out that ladies mouth was that it had alot to do with "genetics" and that might be her terminal length. I thought, "Oh no she didn't". It's been on my mind ever since and it kind of bothers me that people have this perception that us Black women don't have the genetics to grow our hair long.
Even though we have thousands of women on this site that prove just the opposite ,for some reason you don't see alot of these women walking around in everyday life. And I think maybe we should contact Tyra and introduce the subject to her and have her make a show of it. And have a few long haired women from this website to rep us with those LHCF shirts on that some one on here is selling. So every body most importantly the black woman knows that they can grow their hair as long as they want and there is no set limit because of "genetics". So we can stop hearing these myths about "our hair".
Could you imagine after that show how many black women would join this site? Is Tyra's show showing in other countries? But of coarse we have to bring our sister forum(Long Hair Community) on there too to share there tips that a geared to women that want long hair that are not of color. So that it would be an interesting show that everyone would want to watch. Because I know some caucasian women who want long gorgeous hair too. Could you imagine? ...........I'm sorry I'm just thinking out loud.But you better not still my idea and go behind my back and take credit(hehe).What do you guys think?

Yes... plus it might give Tyra some incentive to take that god-awful weave out of her hair.

camibella

I agree with the negativity that can be brought to this site from public awareness. There are both ups and downs that can happen here and I guess its the fallout that we would probably be most concerned about.

Before I found this site I was looking at other sites and there is so much aggression and hating on those sites. This is the first site that I see support for each other and a genuine interest from the "veterans" in helping us newbies accomplish what they have. No one likes to give away their hair secrets and members of this site willingly share their routines and products with us so easily. Thats why I joined.

Although I think it will be good to let others know about it, I think it would also be good to let the haters stay off of this site. I dont know...what do you all think?

MizAvalon

I have to agree with everyone else. When I first heard that LHCF was up for some kind of website award, while I was genuinely happy about the recognition, my next thought was that we would be flooded with new people. Some of whom will no doubt be troublemakers.:nono:

This site grows and grows everyday though. It probably really is only a matter of time before we are discovered by the masses.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I totally agree with your enthusiasm Mariposasexygirl! I too want type 4 hair to be known around the world as hair that can reach waist length BUT putting the website out there can possibly lead to disaster. Too many haters of all kinds :nono:.

I think LHCF women will have to be slicker --like the book Autumluv mentioned. A book like that is the one I have dreamed of doing for a long time, but even though I've done an outline etc., I want my own hair to be full brastrap and longer :lachen:

I also like the idea of doing the show without mentioning LHCF, although there has to be a way to give credit to the founders of LHCF and all its participants without inviting trouble! Hmmmm :look:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Someone on the board once said that women should have to find LHCF for themselves and then it means more to them. I agree. I am a little selfish about the board. :)

MissMeWithThatIsh

It is funny you should mention this, because I Am looking to do an article on HOW TO GROW LONG THICK HEALTHY HAIR... for my magazine and I am Looking for anyone who is interested in PMing me for information. This is the same magazine that Naturallady's Boundless Tresses article is in, and I think it's time we actually stop playig around and let other cultures know that BLACK women can have whatever we want... despite others' thoughts!

Blackbird77

And not only is that the case, but can you imagine all the haters and "trolls" that we'd have to fight everyday b/c our site was put on blast? I don't mind everybody coming on here so they can grow hair to their feet, but I don't want naysayers coming on here dogging out our members.

la mosca

I agree with the negativity that can be brought to this site from public awareness. There are both ups and downs that can happen here and I guess its the fallout that we would probably be most concerned about.

Before I found this site I was looking at other sites and there is so much aggression and hating on those sites. This is the first site that I see support for each other and a genuine interest from the "veterans" in helping us newbies accomplish what they have. No one likes to give away their hair secrets and members of this site willingly share their routines and products with us so easily. Thats why I joined.

Although I think it will be good to let others know about it, I think it would also be good to let the haters stay off of this site. I dont know...what do you all think?

ITA. The character and atmosphere of the board would definitely change, and probably not for the better.

lilamae

So funny this came up. I have been obsessed with growing my hair for the longest. When I discovered LHCF it was like wow..there are other people out there like me! I decided to tell only the folks who I knew would be as appreciative of this site as i am.

Exposure to the masses will for sure bring out many haters! so far the support is awesome and the information is great. Lets just keep this our little secret. All of us growing our hair down to our waist will be all the evidence people need about black women and hair growth.

Mestiza

ITA! :yep:

Also, I'm concerned about the number of companies having people to join LHCF and pose as genuinely interested members to push their goods, services and steal legit members' pics so that they can exploit and make a buck. That could change this site for the worse.

chicacanella

yeah, I don't really want anyone learning about this forum too. There was already a girl on Macherie's page saying she had Domincan hair and that why it was that long. She probably came from youtube.com but still, we don't need any more mess on here.