LHCF Inspiration/Mentor Award: "I want to thank...

I would like to thank God, Mama, DH & ...........

Chicoro, DSD - Breaking down the baggying method for me.
Balisi - my new natural hairstylist - (LaToya still does my weaves :lol:)
SherryLove - Overall regime for healthy hair
Rabs77, Guesswho, nurseN98 - For their countless pm helping me to come up with a program for my natural hair
Pink Skates, Babygurl - My hair inspiration. One day, I hope to be able to stand next to them and show them my progress.
Sareca & Ekomba - :notworthy: These two ladies have helped transform my life. Not just hair needs but empowerment to improve your life. Weight loss, breast reduction, starting your own businesses, taking charge of what you put on your hair, body and mind. Yeah, these ladies are the bomb.

Last edited:
BIG SHOUT OUT TO SARECA....for hipping me to the wonders of henna and all of the questions she answered in the henna threads..my hair will be forever greatful...also because she's always on top of her pm's and replies right away....and also because she helped me with my avatar...wait, wait...don't rush me off the stage yet..stop that music I'm still talking.....

I would like to thank:

Macheriamour- her fotki and hair journal helped me a lot when I first joined:).

Lauren450- she is the reason why I found out about LHCF:grin:!

Bublnbrnsuga- my inspiration to go natural......one day:look: :lol:!

chickory_bee said:
EKOMBA, EKOMBA, EKOMBA...
Even when I was still a lowly lurker, she helped me...
THANK YOU!!

awww u so sweet Chicory_bee!!!:D :) :p You too ms XXTACY yall made me blush lol:grin: i m not often here these days cause i m busy with work between the biz and the 9-5 its no joke today is my day off so i m resting a bit

As far as for me i have so many its ridiculous i cant name all and remember Chicoro, Den1, Mahalialee, Netta1, Poohbear, Isis, Sareca, WVIXEN, Irrestibleb. Nay, Sylver2,....and so many more that i cant fill in these lines

I love this place!!! :lol:

Thanks for the shouts out Sareca and Mona!! I'm not nearly as creative as the latter mentioned nutt but I do have a few special thank yous to share:

MonaLisa...thanks for being just plain awesome! You're part of the reason I hang around so much! You have a great heart under that NY exterior! :lol:

Sareca...wow, where to even start? You're like my hair product twin! You're so knowledgebale about so much and always willing to share.

RabiaElaine...You're info about the clip in weaves has been a life saver for me and a few of my friends!

HoneyDew...For your product recommendations and reviews! :lol: I truly value your opinion on products even though I rarely contact you directly about them.

Beverly...For maintaining such an awesome place to come share and learn about hair care.

Thanks for being such wonderful sources of inspiration and knowledge: KiniKakes, MacherieAmour, Candy_C, SouthernGirl, Letitia, TSmith, LaLa, Isis, Adrienne074, Ekomba, Patient1, Sylver2, ClassyEbonyGirl and others!

And Chayil is quickly becoming a favorite too! :kiss:

These are just a few of the ladies here who have made my hair journey a success. Thanks ladies!!

Now, excuse me while I go get my lunch on!! :lol:

VWVixxen said:
I love this place!!! :lol:

Thanks for the shouts out Sareca and Mona!! I'm not nearly as creative as the latter mentioned nutt but I do have a few special thank yous to share:

MonaLisa...thanks for being just plain awesome! You're part of the reason I hang around so much! You have a great heart under that NY exterior! :lol:

Sareca...wow, where to even start? You're like my hair product twin! You're so knowledgebale about so much and always willing to share.

RabiaElaine...You're info about the clip in weaves has been a life saver for me and a few of my friends!

HoneyDew...For your product recommendations and reviews! :lol: I truly value your opinion on products even though I rarely contact you directly about them.

Beverly...For maintaining such an awesome place to come share and learn about hair care.

Thanks for being such wonderful sources of inspiration and knowledge: KiniKakes, MacherieAmour, Candy_C, SouthernGirl, Letitia, TSmith, LaLa, Isis, Adrienne074, Ekomba, Patient1, Sylver2, ClassyEbonyGirl and others!

And Chayil is quickly becoming a favorite too! :kiss:

These are just a few of the ladies here who have made my hair journey a success. Thanks ladies!!

Now, excuse me while I go get my lunch on!! :lol:

Ditto on HoneyDew! How could I forget her?? :)

Ok, I see that I'm not gonna remember everyone...Oh yeah! Lauren450, too...

Like I was saying...there are too many to name......I love this place!! Can I just say that? ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY, hee hee. :D

There are LOTS of women on here that I admire but there is one head of hair that I always look at and I say to myself.....one day that'll be me. Bublnbrnsuga. I love her hair and her length is what I am after.

Marie1837,Hiza,Chicory,UNLV & Sherrylove. Love The Pictures,Updates & Hair.Thanks! HAPPY HAIR GROWING!

I don't mean to be a pest, but for all you ladies who have overcome hair worries, do you mind posting in this thread. It would help a lot of people out and it want to add it as a sticky.

Sistaslick said:
In the name of Jesus... somebody please touch this child. :lol:

:lol:

I am officially adding you to my list! I'm like I know you had the hair diva thing happening with the knowledge and the tresses...but dayyyyyyyyyyyyyum.....Sistaslick is one funny arse chick!:lol:

Shout out for the funny chicks on the board with hair knowledge! Thank you for your contribution!! :p

There are a few members here who have taught me a lot of stuff:

Dysylla- Thanks for encouraging me on my road to BSL (see thread Getting to BSL is Hard!)- I am finally at BSL now!!!! Your advice was so helpful in reminding me to be patient and doing Conditioner washes! xxxx

Sistaslick- Thanks for your thrread about moisturizers and Protein, and achieving a balance. That thread taught me the significance of using a water based moisturizer BEFORE sealing with oil. xxxx

Candy C- Fellow UK member- Big Up! Thanks for revealing that you take your vitamins before going to bed as the vitamins absorb much better as opposed to taking them during the day. My mum said this is true, and I've noticed that since I started doing this, my hair is reacting very positively to the vitamins I take. xxxx

And everyone else who's contributed to the knowledge I've gained in growing my hair long.

Thanx!

Last edited:
EVERYONE for putting yourself out there and taking the time out to give advice, product reviews, and pictures.

trimbride:she always has great advice and support

rabia elaine:inspring and supporting everyone on here and convincing me to do my album

countrygal: my number one mentor! amazing transition inspiration and my hair care advocate

Wow...you welcome:)

XXXtacy said:
I would like to thank God, Mama, DH & ...........

Chicoro, DSD - Breaking down the baggying method for me.
Balisi - my new natural hairstylist - (LaToya still does my weaves :lol:)
SherryLove - Overall regime for healthy hair
Rabs77, Guesswho, nurseN98 - For their countless pm helping me to come up with a program for my natural hair
Pink Skates, Babygurl - My hair inspiration. One day, I hope to be able to stand next to them and show them my progress.
Sareca & Ekomba - :notworthy: These two ladies have helped transform my life. Not just hair needs but empowerment to improve your life. Weight loss, breast reduction, starting your own businesses, taking charge of what you put on your hair, body and mind. Yeah, these ladies are the bomb.

I would like to thank Sareca for all of the excellent advice she has given many of us. Thanks to her, I know know all about SAA, Silk Peptide powder, honeyquat, oat protein and wheat protein.

Thank you to HoneyDew for the same. Always giving out great info/reviews on products.

Thank you to gymfreak336 for excellent threads with excellent, most recent being the vitamin guide. Very helpful and informative, as always.

Thank you to Nelli711 and Energist. Love your hair to death. If I could snap my fingers and have my choice of hair, I would take one of yours.
Just love it!!!

And, most of all, thank you to all of the rest of you for making this Board possible. It has helped me in more ways than I can count. I think it's wonderful to have such a resource out there for us, with so many wonderful people willing to share knowledge and help each other out. I love it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks hun. You're so sweet. :)

MonaLisa said:
*Walks up to podium, clears throat*
*Moves hand to get a piece of hair out of eye and drops the *(&*&* awards on the floor*
*I found a bunch of BET Awards on ebay*:look:
betawardmare139.jpg

*picks up the awards, notices that a couple got dented, shrugs shoulders and taps the mic*

*cough*

C'mon ev'rybody -- say it with me!
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Yooooooo....Aiiiight!!! :look:

*enough of that*

I'd like to thank God for health and the ability to grow hair, my mama for birthin me....and I have some awards to give out to the following...

Adrienne 0914 - for being so helpful and answering questions for me at the very beginning of my hair damaged journey

VWVixxen - for always lending an ear, letting me try anything and everything with her generous spirit and for being a friend. Love you :kiss:

Paperdoll - dang, just thank you for being crazy you and looking out :kiss:

Kitchentician - dang, just for being my first hair goddess, fo'eva & always - beautiful hair, relaxed or natural

Mochamadness - just always so supportive and just has a beautiful spirit in addition to her GAWGEOUS mane...

Babygurl - my Aries gurl!!! *ARIES POWER* supported me from jump, made me believe I could have some decent looking hair! *hair hug!*

Sylver - hair diva, NTM homey and just a wonderful person. Glad I met you.;)

Allandra, Priestess, Letitia, LocksofLuv, Rachi & TSmith - y'all are just too doggone sweet and supportive. Preistess, thank you for being my hair guinea pig, Tee, thanks for always making me smile and TSmith...you Aries chick you, thank you for the APL hair support - kept the flame alive when I was ready to let that sucka burn out:p So glad y'all are on the board.

KiniKakes - for being a fine haired diva and sharing her helpful and detailed fotki, it was a really big help. Thank you for being generous with it.:)

JGurl & "Turkey" - You are a trip and thank you for having that wonderful child. Makes me smile.:D

AJamericanDiva - 4a/b Hair Inspiration Hands Down. :notworthy

Queeny - just a random shout out because we still get along and share a man....

*please stand up and give yourselves a hand*
Handsclapping.gif

*no don't sit back down - please head out to the gift suite and pick up your gift bag of assorted hair goodies that Mookie was sellin out his car...I mean that were donated to this award event...and...*

*mic cut off - music starts playing - speech was taking too long*

Thanks fellow Aveda girlie. :)

natieya said:
Ditto, she's the reason I joined LHCF! She is soo nice and always willing to help. I must've written the longest PM she'd ever seen. I'm sure she was like "what tha??" But she was sooo nice about it! I feel like she's my friend and if I ever saw her on the street, I'd have to flag her down for an autograph (and a hug). :notworthy :wave:

Allandra is a close second. She's so kind and helpful, too. You guys rock!!! ;)

Summa Bliss said:
There are a few members here who have taught me a lot of stuff:

Dysylla- Thanks for encouraging me on my road to BSL (see thread Getting to BSL is Hard!)- I am finally at BSL now!!!! Your advice was so helpful in reminding me to be patient and doing Conditioner washes! xxxx

You are VERY welcome. You have gorgeous hair and i knew you would reach your goal :)

Back