Long hair inspiration

CurleeDST

Do any of you ladies watch TV shows for long hair inspiration? I was watching the reality show on the Pussycat Dolls and every young lady on there except for a couple have very long hair. I would consider them inspirations.

Any other shows that inspire you to keep doing what you are doing for long hair?

KiniKakes

Well I dont have any TV shows in mind, per se, but I know that every time I see Stacey Dash in a movie............ I just start to drool. :p Firstly, she is my Girl Crush, and secondly, I just heart her hair. Its so silky and just SWANGS so nice. *smh* She's definitely an inspiration to me!!!:D

ETA: I also enjoy watching the "Fresh Prince" to see Tatyana Ali's hair. She is just cute as a button to me, and her hair always looks fantastic!

ayoung

i like Dr. Torres's hair on Grey's Anantomy. luv the lenght, the layers, the body and the bang!

i also really like Claire--'the cheerleader' from Heroes hair---very cute and full of body.

Empress Yahudah

CurleeDST said:
Do any of you ladies watch TV shows for long hair inspiration? I was watching the reality show on the Pussycat Dolls and every young lady on there except for a couple have very long hair. I would consider them inspirations.

Any other shows that inspire you to keep doing what you are doing for long hair?

That girl Asia i think has some beautifal long hair ...

Empress Yahudah

KiniKakes said:
Well I dont have any TV shows in mind, per se, but I know that every time I see Stacey Dash in a movie............ I just start to drool. :p Firstly, she is my Girl Crush, and secondly, I just heart her hair. Its so silky and just SWANGS so nice. *smh* She's definitely an inspiration to me!!!:D

ETA: I also enjoy watching the "Fresh Prince" to see Tatyana Ali's hair. She is just cute as a button to me, and her hair always looks fantastic!

ITA they do have beautiful hair..Jada has some lovely hair as well..Jennifer Freeman..Cassie....but i find it so hard these days to find hair inspirations on tv since most wear wigs ,lace fronts,tracks and stuff because thats the name of the game so i dont know what kind of hair they have..so i get my hair inspirations on here like..firstly KiniKakes cuz im in the fine hair club too :D ...Macherieamour....Syvler2....JenniferMd.....ur my inspirations

Last edited:

frostydoll

I would have to say Tracee Ellis Ross I think she's the celebrity whose hair is most like mine. I love her character on Girlfriends and she's definitely a hair inspiration for me.

Tee

I cant say anyone from TV inspires me much. I know most of them wear a lot of weave and such for the camera's and to protect their hair.

My hair inspirations are real women here such as BlackBarbie, SuperGirl, SouthernGirl, CincySweetie, Anky, DLewis, Tsmith, Cholet112, and many many more.

ETA: How can I forget about Ms. Lewis!

Last edited:

OneInAMillion

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
I would have to say Tracee Ellis Ross I think she's the celebrity whose hair is most like mine. I love her character on Girlfriends and she's definitely a hair inspiration for me.

I love her hair too! Also, Keesha Sharp (Monica)...I just love full, big, healthy looking hair.

Then of course, may ladies on this board :D .

bLackButtaFly

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:

I also love her hair. I feel like alot of the african american women on tv and movies mostly wear weaves, and wigs, so it's not as inspiring. But back in the day I used to love all the girls of the cosby show. Their hair was so thick and healthy, I should go watch a rerun just to get inspired. Oh, and used to love tia and tamara's hair of sister sister back in the early days and when they first straightened it.:)

imstush

KiniKakes said:

First Kinikakes, you are so pretty. I love your latest pic!

Ok...I am with you I love Stacey Dash...I get excited when Kanye's old video "all falls down" comes on. I love her hair. But before that like the rest of the ladies...love love love Tracee Ellis Ross' hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's number 1 in terms of thickness and the way she used to wear her curly styles was the same way I wore/wear mine. And Hillary from Fresh Prince was also another inspriation for me.

KiniKakes

OneInAMillion said:
I love her hair too! Also, Keesha Sharp (Monica)...I just love full, big, healthy looking hair.

Then of course, may ladies on this board :D .

OMG, Keesha Sharp's hair is BOMB!!!!! I love full, big, healthy hair too!!!

KiniKakes

imstush said:
First Kinikakes, you are so pretty. I love your latest pic!

Ok...I am with you I love Stacey Dash...I get excited when Kanye's old video "all falls down" comes on. I love her hair. But before that like the rest of the ladies...love love love Tracee Ellis Ross' hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's number 1 in terms of thickness and the way she used to wear her curly styles was the same way I wore/wear mine. And Hillary from Fresh Prince was also another inspriation for me.

Awww! Thank you so much! *hugs* Yeah, i also got mad excited when the "All Falls Down" video would come on. :lol: She looked sooo gorgeous in that video. I sweat her sooo hard man! *smh* LOL

Did you see her in "Getting Played", w/Vivica and Carmen Elektra? She looks FANTASTIC!!!! You gotta catch it on BET one night when it comes on, if u havent alreay. I love how she is on the brown-skinned side, but has streaked brown hair. Makes me wanna lighten my own hair sometimes.

Last edited:

KiniKakes

MissMadaam said:
ITA they do have beautiful hair..Jada has some lovely hair as well..Jennifer Freeman..Cassie....but i find it so hard these days to find hair inspirations on tv since most wear wigs ,lace fronts,tracks and stuff because thats the name of the game so i dont know what kind of hair they have..so i get my hair inspirations on here like..firstly KiniKakes cuz im in the fine hair club too :D ...Macherieamour....Syvler2....JenniferMd.....ur my inspirations

Thank you girl!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^5 to the Fine Haired Club!!!!! :lol:

imstush

KiniKakes said:
Awww! Thank you so much! *hugs* Yeah, i also got mad excited when the "All Falls Down" video would come on. :lol: She looked sooo gorgeous in that video. I sweat her sooo hard man! *smh* LOL

Did you see her in "Getting Played", w/Vivica and Carmen Elektra? She looks FANTASTIC!!!! You gotta catch it on BET one night when it comes on, if u havent alreay. I love how she is on the brown-skinned side, but has streaked brown hair. Makes me wanna lighten my own hair sometimes.

*smile* nope never seen that movie...now I have to go find that movie:)

frostydoll

bLackButtaFly said:
I also love her hair. I feel like alot of the african american women on tv and movies mostly wear weaves, and wigs, so it's not as inspiring. But back in the day I used to love all the girls of the cosby show. Their hair was so thick and healthy, I should go watch a rerun just to get inspired. Oh, and used to love tia and tamara's hair of sister sister back in the early days and when they first straightened it.:)

Oh I totally forget about the Cosby girls!!! Rudy (Keisha Knight Pulliam) was my absolute fav her big ponytails reminded me of mine.

camellia

I love the women's hair in "The Mists of Avalon" movie. The movie is horrid compared to the book,:mad: but the hair...:love:

pattycake0701

I agree with y'all on Stacey Dash's hair in Kanye's video, in fact, I have it saved to my computer for that very reason;) But my all time dream head of hair belongs to Miss Rudy Huxtable on the Cosby Show.

MizAvalon

I am inspired by some actresses. Right now I am really loving the hair of Gwyneth Paltrow, Alexis Bledel, Keisha Castle-Hughes, and the young lady that plays Claire on "My Wife and Kids". Oh, and basically all of the women in "The Lord of the Rings" films.:lol:

SSBD

KiniKakes said:

I totally agree u fully said it for me...hey that ryhmed...lol...o and i also like to watch sister sister and girl friends for tracee ellis

Blossssom

miss Congeniality said:
ITA, it is almost impossible to see 4a/b naturals on tv with long hair, while there are plenty on this site.

When I went to bed last night, I tried very hard to think of a celebrity who has long hair and is a 4a/b. I could not come up with anyone.