*LHCF Class of 2003 - Reunion*

DDHair

Whoa is that us Class of 2003, hmmm 2 more years till graduation, huh!? Well hopefully then I will have reached my goal for shizo.

No I have not reached my first goal of bra strap clasp, kept pushing that back. But I will admit that I started out with a somewhat short crop of transitioning hair that beauticians were fearful of :eek: But now I am fully natural and I must admit that although I am not bra strap clasp, I have a head full of hair that can curl somewhat when I want it or be blown out, and most importantly I love my natural self to death and I realize that out of all the beautiful women out there in the world with inner and outer beauty that there is no one like me, no matter how close, God created me to be exactly who I am, I am proud of this little nappy headed girl, can't wait to be out there raising my proud Black fist with my big fro like Angela Davis.

Well the Surge, the vitamins, the proteins, even the MTG have played a part at some time or another, I will say the thing that has probably hurt me the most is inconsistent trims and not eating right (consistently).

Newbies, love yourself at any length. And for the naturals and transitioners, love yourself even when others think you look crazy or what the heck got into you, you have to love yourself before they ever will.

I don't know if I would do things any differently, maybe I would have saved some money (and/or cabinet space, Supergirl hooked sistas up) in the long run , but for the most part, it's all a learning experience that I can pass on to my niece or someone else. I have my niece even wanting to be natural, she has been transitioning since April and she is 13.

I am 26 now, I've matured a bit, moved back to Dallas from Houston, graduated from Graduate school at Texas Southern University. Got let go from a job, got hired at a wonderful job. Got my Mazda Tribute in 2003, lived with my Dad when I got back, now I am in a house. I'm still growing so very much. I met lots of lovely ladies on LHCF, including BubblinBrown Suga, some old friends I knew prior to that I worked with in Houston that introduced me to LHCF, some wonderful ladies on the board who have been a great support and some I have had the wonderful opportunity of physically meeting (Supergirl I am still using your giveaway products from last year's meeting). And I finally broke down and paid the $5 earlier this year so I can have this opportunity to talk to you ladies, $5 goes a long way. I love you guys! You know we should have a reality show ;) Learned that it ain't no joke, God really does answer prayers.

I am still growing and growing and growing, because I haven't reached bra strap clasp yet :( , but 2 more years hey, to graduate, right ladies, 2 more years :)

Last edited:

locabouthair

chocolate01 said:
My goal when I first joined was to nurse my edges back to health. I had no intentions what so ever to go natural. Well here I am 2 year later with a head full of natural hair that I love! I did reach my original goal to nursing my edges, they are doing wonderful now, especially now that I no longer relax. I never had any length goals until now so I can't say that I have reached that type of goal. My overall goal was health and to gain more knowledge about haircare. My advice would be don't get so caught up in length. I know this board is geared toward growing longer hair but seriously health is more important,don't sacrifice health for length. I would also like to say (please no one throw stones at me) that at the end of the day it is just hair and in the big scheme of things (life) it's not what is most important please do not get stressed over hair...runs out of thread.

you are right. i try to remember that it's just hair but ive been hair obsessed for over 15 years so it's hard to stop!