I Relaxed After 3 Years (pics)

morehairplease

BEAUTIFUL! So thick & healthy looking! Do you mind telling me what relaxer you used and what your regimen will look like now that you are relaxed?

sprungonhairboards

tishee said:
BEAUTIFUL! So thick & healthy looking! Do you mind telling me what relaxer you used and what your regimen will look like now that you are relaxed?

Thats what I'm sayin! Details! Details! :lol: Also did you self relax?

morehairplease

sprungonhairboards said:
Thats what I'm sayin! Details! Details! :lol: Also did you self relax?

waiting on your album sprung.....your hair is BEAUTIFUL as well! Keep us updated as to when it's up and running!

ayoung

Thanks ladies for your nice words! I am soo happy w/ my hair.

I didn't self relax--I went to my same stylist since 8th grade!

She used Design Essentials Mild/Regular (or regualr--something like that), did a deep conditioner under the dryer, dusted my ends and gave me a Dubie/rollar wrap.

Not really sure exactly what i am going to do w/ my hair--I made a 4 week plan--but i have to get reaccustomed w/ my relaxed hair and it's haircare needs.

I am going to basically keep my ends mositurized 1-2 times a day, no heat and deep conditione everyweek. I love Isis's and Sistaslick's Routines so I kinda merged the 2 and personalized it.

secretdiamond

Your hair looks great!! I'm glad you are so happy about your decision! Your hair looks very healthy! Keep up the good work.

I DEFINITELY need to look into Design Essentials relaxers. I've been wanting to try them for soo long.

blackbarbie

Co-signing with everyone else!!! A head full of nice, shiny, healthy, and thick hair!!! That's what I'm talking bout!!!!!:) I am glad you are pleased with your results and you have already thought about a regimen to maintain that beautiful head of hair!!!!

Congrats!

ayoung

Thanks so much ladies!!

Since joining---i have learned so much and really tried to do right w/ my hair.
I really owe alot to all of you for my hair being in good condition!

**still taking notes**

ayoung

Faith said:
So tell us some more about the DE relaxer? How was it? Your hair looks great.

My stylist has been using DE for years. I had just come out of twists and the days b/f my relaxer I oiled my scalp w/ coconnut oil and put shea on my strands. (don't know if that made a diff or not:lol: )

She based me really well--and I told her how my crown was not as tight as the rest of my hair and she did that last. I didn't burn or tingle or anything. She used DE base thingy, relaxer, neutralizer and Deep Conditioner (not sure what all else she used)

It was a good experience!