LETS TALK PROTIEN RECONSTRUCTORS!!!!!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
In no particular order, I rotate between:

Joico K Pak Reconstructor
Mega Tek
Duo Tex

lamaria211

Yes, I use it weekly as do many other lhcfers. It's like a treat for the hair, effects last about 5-7 days.

I have GPB but I read somewhere that the protein in regular protein conditioners do not have the same affect as reconstrutors I think they said the protein molecules are more penetrating in reconstructors

jazzybklyn

Alfaparf Midollo di bamboo pro-concentrate....it's expensive but worth it! I think my hair could pull a truck when I first used it earlier this year for a couple months. I'm actually at the hair dresser right now with my rollers drying. This is my first time using this second jar and I can feel it already I lost like 1 strand of hair when she was setting me and the comb was gliding through my new growth (9 weeks post). It's the truth!

ronie

jazzybklyn i have been wanting to try their line. My older sister started was gifted the whole line, and she's used it exclusively for a year. She said that was the best her hair ever had. My question is where do you purchase your pro concentrate? Do you know if they carry the recharge mask as well, cause my sister swears by it. TIA.

jazzybklyn

ronie

Sorry for the late reply!..
That's crazy because it was a gift for me too (well my mom but she wasn't using it) I ordered the pro-concentrate from amazon it was on sale. In NYC where I live it's in about every BSS but it may be behind the counter or in the "elite" section. I saw the mask on amazon as well but I know some ppl don't trust ordering from online. I also agree its the best think my hair has ever used. I think using it with the shampoo has even better effects

lamaria211

I'm looking at my Giovanni Nutrafix reconstructor and I don't see any protein in the ingredients am I missing something? I also decided to try Curl Junkie Repair Me and Shecentit Okra reconstructors.

Monaleezza

I didn't know where to put this... I suppose here will do.
I've just learnt that my hair likes protein. :yay:

When you're new to the site and hear girls saying, "My hair likes..." I found it really hard to get my head around it, because my hair gets a little of this, a little of that, a little of something else tomorrow and something entirely different the following day.

So it's really hard for me to measure what my hair does and doesn't like. So when I was shedding i couldn't work out what to do next. Especially when the co-washing and the garlic didn't stop it in it's tracks.

I remembered my Aphogee two-step! Stinks like hell, burns your eyes like the devil, but works like magic!!:drunk::drunk::drunk:
I suppose I could experiment with something else, I may try Motions because Aphogee aint cheap, but I'll always keep a bottle close to hand coz it really does do the trick. And my hair just lurrrves protein, as they say.:lol: ;)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NIN4eva

I just used Nexxus Emergencee last night. IMO: One of the best.:grin:

Some others I use/used:

Nexxus Keraphix
Joico K-Pak
Sebastian Penetraitt
Tigi Dumb Blonde
SheScent It Okra
Claudie's Reconstructor
Jasmine's Restructuring Mask
MyHoneyChild's Honey & Horsetail Reconstructor
L'Anza Reconstructor

greight

I stan for Duo Tex. I use it every wash, period. Most times I don't bother doing a DC afterwards. My hair needs protein.

I like Aphogee 2 Step, but I don't like all the steps that I need to take to use it. I have to plan that day out, for real. I'll probably do it towards the end of the month. Winter is a beast.

ronie

jazzybklyn thanks for replying. I live in NYC as well, but i never see the Di Bamboo line. I always see their Semi di Lino products though. I am always afraid to order salon line from amazon especially since i have nothing to compare its authenticity to. I will have to find a stylist around me that sell it.

lamaria211

I'm going to use aphogee 2 min this weekend because I borrowed it from my sis (I also gave it to her) but after that I'll start using my Giovanni nutrafix then the CJ Repair Me which smells heavenly!

leiah

I finally used duo tex. I love it! I needed that so badly. I've been having crazy post partum shedding, but I lost very little hair after I used it. I'm going to use it twice a week probably. I put it in a foaming hand soap dispenser to make it easy to apply.

jazzybklyn

ronie said:
jazzybklyn thanks for replying. I live in NYC as well, but i never see the Di Bamboo line. I always see their Semi di Lino products though. I am always afraid to order salon line from amazon especially since i have nothing to compare its authenticity to. I will have to find a stylist around me that sell it.

That's strange places in both the city and Brooklyn have it. Maybe ask them. Sometimes they have it behind the counter or hidden. Good luck!

Last edited:

Monaleezza

I didn't know where to put this... I suppose here will do.
I've just learnt that my hair likes protein. :yay:
Everytime I learn something I need to learn more. How often can I use protein if my hair likes it?
I did Aphogee last week.. great results.
Then did a regular cowash this week with Aussie moisture and ... shedding.

So my query is, if I use protein conditioners for every wash would that be ok? I guess I don't have much choice at this stage but to try it.:ohwell:
I just bought the Motions Reconstructor upon you guys' recommendation.

Q. Anyone else doing protein reconstruction more than once a week?

lamaria211

Everytime I learn something I need to learn more. How often can I use protein if my hair likes it?
I did Aphogee last week.. great results.
Then did a regular cowash this week with Aussie moisture and ... shedding.

So my query is, if I use protein conditioners for every wash would that be ok? I guess I don't have much choice at this stage but to try it.:ohwell:
I just bought the Motions Reconstructor upon you guys' recommendation.

Q. Anyone else doing protein reconstruction more than once a week?

I use a reconstructor one week on wash day then the next week I use a regular protein condish like my ROUX Mendex. So yes I use protein every wash. But I also CW x2 a week using mostly moisture based products

Monaleezza

Ok, lamaria211 I'm gonna try to do protein every wash until my hair says otherwise. It simply doesn't enjoy the moisture. Maybe it's so protein deficient it can't cope with moisture until I've redressed the balance. I don't know, but I'm gonna try.l

baddison

natural for good
Wow....protein is definitely NOT my hair's friend. Makes it hard and breaky. I guess it could be because I use henna so often that my hair is really firm and tight. My hair, however, loves :love4: moisture to death!! Baggying is such a wonderful treat that I do it regularly, about 4 times per week. My hair really behaves well when moist/damp. But proteins seem to wreak havoc.:ohwell:

Sunbeam

I'm looking at my Giovanni Nutrafix reconstructor and I don't see any protein in the ingredients am I missing something? I also decided to try Curl Junkie Repair Me and Shecentit Okra reconstructors.

I believe the Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor has soybean protein. It's probabaly listed further down on the ingredient list because water & alot of different oils are listed before the protein. I really like this protein conditioner.

venusfly

I'm not a fan of Motions CPR or Nexxus Keraphix or Aphogee Two Minute or the Aphogee Two Step. They just didn't do it for me. I only finally saw the benefit of Protein treatments when I bought a bottle of Style One Pure Protein!!!! I was like whoah after I used it the first time and I've never looked at any other protein since! Holy grail!!! It's not cheap. A bottle was about $100 if I am recalling correctly but I've had a bottle going on two plus years? You just use a tiny capful. You add it to conditioner and that's how you apply it. I bought a second bottle but the first one is still going strong. I think the company changed its name or was bought out by some other company so I'm glad I have that second bottle. But this is the only protein I use and it does the job without the mess or needing heat and it never makes my hair hard. I love this stuff! I would not use anything else!

ETA info : here is the Protein I use http://pureproteinhaircare.blogspot.com/. I think the compant was bought out by a company called Bayface and is being marketed by them under the name BAbyface? I haven't tried the new product, I still have this bottle pictured here.

Last edited:

lamaria211

I'm not a fan of Motions CPR or Nexxus Keraphix or Aphogee Two Minute or the Aphogee Two Step. They just didn't do it for me. I only finally saw the benefit of Protein treatments when I bought a bottle of Style One Pure Protein!!!! I was like whoah after I used it the first time and I've never looked at any other protein since! Holy grail!!! It's not cheap. A bottle was about $100 if I am recalling correctly but I've had a bottle going on two plus years? You just use a tiny capful. You add it to conditioner and that's how you apply it. I bought a second bottle but the first one is still going strong. I think the company changed its name or was bought out by some other company so I'm glad I have that second bottle. But this is the only protein I use and it does the job without the mess or needing heat and it never makes my hair hard. I love this stuff! I would not use anything else!

100$!!!!! Girl you trying to get me put out the house: )

venusfly

Technically yes, but I think of them differently and use them for different purposes. Let me try to explain and hopefully it makes sense. When I do a protein treatment my sole objective is strenghtening my hair - I'm not worrying about whether the product adds moisture etc. (I address moisture after (protein treatment usually followed by a deep conditioning to add moitsure - a two-step process for me ). And, I will do a protein treatment any time, but when I do a "Reconstructor" I do it strictly AFTER A CHEMICAL SERVICE (my relaxer) and the objective is repair any damge caused by my relaxer and "normalize" the hair. So reconstructor to addresses multiple issues, add moisture, strenghten, normalize the hairs PH balance and elasticty to repair the damage caused by the chemical service and return hair to normal (pre chemical service condition).

Hope that makes sense and not just to me, but to me protein = strengthening, and reconstructor = after care to normalize hair after a chemical service. :perplexed:lol:

Last edited:

venusfly

100$!!!!! Girl you trying to get me put out the house: )

@ Lamaria211 Sorry girl! But you just need a tiny amount and the bottle last forever! I swear I've had this bottle since 2009 or something. And you just add it to any conditioner of your choice rather than buying a high priced protein reconstructor with who knows how much or how little real protein - with this you are know its protein and know how much protein.