LETS TALK PROTIEN RECONSTRUCTORS!!!!!

NewHairWOWeave

I am in the market to buy a protein re-constructor for my Relaxed SL hair. I was looking at Nexxus Keraphix Restorative Strengthening Conditioner and Motions CPR Protein Re-constructor. Have any of you ladies used ? How did you feel about its effectiveness ? If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to share.

Thank You In Advance

Aireen

Oooooo GIRRRRLLL! Lemme tell you, Motions CPR is BOMB. Honestly my mum and I FIGHT over that stuff. It MELTS away tangled new growth really easily. I'm relaxed and my hair's MBL and I NEED this in my stash as a product to detangle with. Since my hair has gotten longer, it's been more tangle-prone. Anyway, even though it has protein, it's able to strengthen and detangle so it does its job well. Only thing I will say is don't expect it to detangle your hair when you have protein overload, it won't do anything. Other than that, just try to balance your hair with moisture and protein and you should be fine.

Lurkee

I co-sign what ^^ said. CPR is the bomb. I have not tried the other one you mentioned but CPR works very well on both relaxed and natural hair. If your hair is feeling blah, a little breakage CPR always brings it back. For something so cheap, it works really well.

brucebettye

I love motions CPR!!!!!!! I just used it on my hair(had to wait until my son went to sleep) and it works wonders on my hair. I am completely natural, but I did use it when I had relaxed hair. It is just the right amount of protien for my hair and it is the only protien treatment I ever used that helps take out the tangles in my hair. Try it and you will like this stuff and it is cheap.

prospurr4

I love Motions CPR Reconstructor! It stengthens and detangles my hair beautifully... and it's quite inexpensive. It is the ONLY protein reconstructor I use.

sunnieb

Another vote for Motions CPR! It's all I've ever used for protein. I just bought 2 jars and I'm deep conditioning with it tonight.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

chitowndcgal

I have the Motions CPR light reconstructor and also the Aphogee 2 minute light reconstructor. I actually like the Aphogee one better. It works better for my hair.

tolly

sunnieb, NappyNelle, prospurr4, please is the motion CPR the one in the jar? it just says treatment. I found images of the one in the bottle which states reconstructor. my jar doesn't have that written on it. I'm wondering which one everyone is raving about.

Last edited:

prospurr4

@tolly, I am talking about this one, which I use after I rinse the relaxer out, as my protein step:

However, I do use this one as well, for my monthly protein treatments:

Last edited:

tolly

prospurr4, I have the second one, I wasn't impressed by it but I'll try using heat with it rather than just leaving it n for 10mins, maybe I'll see appreciable improvement.

prospurr4

@tolly, I bought the second one before I discovered the first one, and the first one is my favorite.

The second one does a good job on my hair, too, when I leave it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing it out. However, there are some bits from the cream that get left behind after rinsing...so I have to rinse very thoroughly.

Last edited:

tolly

prospurr4 thanks, I'll check the stores for the one in the bottle, and see which works better
KhandiB, I also have the leave in, but it has mineral oil as a major constituent, I have been hesitant to use it. It also get my hair quite hard, not sure if its because its a protein leave in or because the ingredients are not the best. how frequently do you use it?

KhandiB

tolly- I use it every wash, but not a lot of it, I also combine it with Strawberries and Cream by Suave and an oil, so that may be why it doesnt react that way with me.

prospurr4 thanks, I'll check the stores for the one in the bottle, and see which works better
KhandiB, I also have the leave in, but it has mineral oil as a major constituent, I have been hesitant to use it. It also get my hair quite hard, not sure if its because its a protein leave in or because the ingredients are not the best. how frequently do you use it?

Last edited:

MsSanz92

I've also tried the Motions CPR Reconstructor in the bottle when I transitioning last time and it worked wonders. I never knew why I didn't repurchase (maybe because it was kinda hard to find?) To the other posters, were you using the one in the tub or the bottle?

prospurr4

Is the bottle version stronger than the jar?

Kay.Dee, I've used both versions for years. IMO, the jar version is an intense protein treatment designed to aid severly damaged hair. In fact, that's why I initially started using it....cuz my hair was a MESS! I continue to use it because once my hair recovered, I still had some on hand, but I do not plan to repurchase.

I don't know if the bottle version is stronger or not, but I much prefer the consistency of the product in the bottle, over the jar version.

coolsista-paris

thanks so mch ladies! i am natural and i use apoghee 2 step treatment. That thing stinks so i guess im gonna start using reconstructors as they are less strong than apoghee.

Loving

Do you ladies follow up with a moisture DC after using the CPR? I hate jumping in and out of the shower!

Aireen

Do you ladies follow up with a moisture DC after using the CPR? I hate jumping in and out of the shower!

I don't, for me it's not that much of a hardcore treatment to need a moisturizing DC to follow up with.

Chrismiss

@tolly- I use it every wash, but not a lot of it, I also combine it with Strawberries and Cream by Suave and an oil, so that may be why it doesnt react that way with me.

@ Khandi, are you mixing in the Strawberries and Cream for the moisture? I have a ton of Suave and V05 and I'm not feeling co-washing anymore...so wondering if I should use them with protein condishes for the moisture.

lamaria211

I am relaxed now and still have not set on a great reconstructor. I am in between Curl Junkie Repair Me and Kerastase Resistance Architectect Force Reconstructing Masque

leiah

I just bought motions cpr for the first time. It works fine, nothing wrong with it, but I won't repurchase. I'll stick with my aphogee

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I am relaxed now and still have not set on a great reconstructor. I am in between Curl Junkie Repair Me and Kerastase Resistance Architectect Force Reconstructing Masque

lamaria211

I think you'd like:

SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor
Claudie's Reconstructor

(in no particular order)

If you're looking into Natural/Handmades. I also like Cathy Howse UBH Protein Rx.:yep: