omg you guys! help me please!

MsTay18

I know that the process to long healthy hair takes time. and I have accepted that. the thing that is driving me crazy is that i feel liike my hair is making no progress at all!:wallbash: i have 4b relaxed hair and i dc it about 2x a week. maybe im doing something wrong! so heres my regimen:

shampoo; biweekly - pantene moisture renewal and ors olive oil creamy aloe shampoo

conditioner; co wash weekly - pantene moisture renewal

deep conditioner[mixed] - 2x a week
- ors hair mayo
- ors replenishing pak
- neutrogena triple strength

clarifying shampoo - once/month - tresseme deep cleansing

protein treatments - nexxus emergencee - 1x/mo
- nexxus keraphix 2x/mo

reconstructor - i dont have one yet!! any ideas????

no heat! wraps are and exception.

biotin and omega3fish oil 2x/day

ors creme[jar] to moisturize when in braids

ors hair lotion to moisturize daily

is there anything you guys think i should STOP doing?

or replace in my reggie?

or add?

i really need yalls help on this one.!

btw, my ps is weaves but i have yet to find hair that lasts as long as the braids!!! any suggestions on that i would greatly appreciate :grin:

thanks in advance!:yep:

btw i AM on a budget lol this is a recession ladies!

Odd One

I know that the process to long healthy hair takes time. and I have accepted that. the thing that is driving me crazy is that i feel liike my hair is making no progress at all!:wallbash: i have 4b relaxed hair and i dc it about 2x a week. maybe im doing something wrong! so heres my regimen:

shampoo; biweekly - pantene moisture renewal and ors olive oil creamy aloe shampoo

- ors hair mayo
- ors replenishing pak

- nexxus keraphix 2x/mo

or replace in my reggie?

or add?

btw, my ps is weaves but i have yet to find hair that lasts as long as the braids!!! any suggestions on that i would greatly appreciate :grin:

Hey there!
whats the state of your hair? how does it feeel to you? is it breaking? Are you shampooing twice a week or every 2 weeks?

IMO seems like your dcs are a lot of protein, i would suggest replacing them with a moisture DC (if you like neutrogena product, a lot of ladies here like the neutrogena triple moisture mask)

i also beleive that your reconstructor are your protein treatments

soulie

Are you actually MEASURING your progress? Take progress pictures and compare them; sometimes it's hard to see your progress without objective photographs.

Tyra

Seems like you have a lot going on. Better than me:perplexed. What are you doing internally? I asked that question because I have been trying a lot of methods and products base on the suggestion of the ladies here and other hair boards but I noticed a significant(please don't ask me to talk inches) difference just when I started taking my multi-vitamin, drinking lots of water, and exercising(okay dancing). The other hair products and vitamins have been icing on the cake. I'm a firm believer that our nutrition and over all health has much to do with the health of our hair. Also I think as relaxed heads we really need to stay up on our moisture/protein levels. I didn't see it mentioned in your message but I think that baggying would def be of benefit to you.

Austro-Afrikana

It sounds ike the shampoos you are using biweekly have sls or some derivation of it so you should change that.
Also i don't think it's a good idea using olive oil creme in braids, it will cause more build up, you should try african pride, that moisturises very nicely.

Nonie

Uhmm...if your hair isn't breaking...and all you're worried about is not seeing progress, then stop fretting. What I think you need to change is this obsession with seeing growth. The more you look for it, the more it will seem to evade you. Also, I consider Emergencée a reconstructor so you already have one.

Just enjoy your hair and know that as long as you're not seeing broken pieces all over the place. You're making progress. It's hard to see .0167 of an inch growth...so stop looking for it. (That's about how much growth you get a day if your growth rate is half an inch a month, BTW.)

MsTay18

it feels okay only after i relax it;; its breaking bad and for some reason i am deathly afraid of getting my ends clipped cause stylists dont understand the difference between "clip" and "chop"

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
it feels okay only after i relax it;; its breaking bad and for some reason i am deathly afraid of getting my ends clipped cause stylists dont understand the difference between "clip" and "chop"

Have you ever considered clipping it yourself? I had my DH to cut my hair a few months ago, and he JACKED IT UP!! I had to correct it by cutting another 2 inches! I knew I coudn't go to a beautician because they always cut waaaaay too much. It wasn't that hard, just comb down, tug it gently between your index and middle fingers and snip! I think you will see less breakage and more retention when you cut off the damaged ends.

MsTay18

guys im honestly starting to get depressed. i dont even feel cute anymore! my hair and my nails were what made me feel gorgeous and now i dont even feel "okay"

shasha8685

Looking at your reggie, it seems like you have a lot of protein treatments in your reggie ( ORS Hair Mayo,ORS Replenishing, etc.). You may want to invest in a good moisturizing DC and alternate your protein DC with your moisturizing DC. Also, have you tried pre-pooing?? Like someone mentioned earlier, your shampoos have SLS in them and it can be stripping (especially since you're washing 2x a week). Finally, if you are just beginning in your hair journey I would say keep it simple!! I know that when you first begin you want to try everything that everybody is doing:rolleyes:. Honestly, I suggest that you start small and figure out what works for you. HTH

Tyra

I agree with the ladies before me. I think it's too much protein. I had the same issues from the breakage to the dizzy stylists. The best things I've done so far are stretching my relaxer, baggying just my ends(you may want to just do your whole head)and taking away or limiting all heat sources(flat iron, blow dryer). I still Blow dry but on the cold setting. I flat iron every now and then and when I do I'm sure to use heat protector spray and I use the absolutely lowest temp on the number dial. Which is number 1 on my flat iron. I also limited my usage of my hood dryer when deep conditioning. I mostly use one of those weird aluminum foil looking heating caps for like a dollar at the bbs. I thought that would be crap but it works just as good as the hood dryer for deep conditioning if you ask me. Also don't be afraid to air dry.
I'm sorry as I'm typing I'm referring back to your post and it clearly states that you don't use any heat except for your wraps.And here I am preaching about "limiting heat". I should have been paying more attention. Nevermind.
*awkard moment*
Anyway, when I first heard of baggying I was like :perplexedwth? But there's an abundance of good simple info on baggying and the different methods. Starting right here on LHCF! I also know of at least two youtube vids that show how the baggy method is done. I don't remember the two ladies' names but both vids are nice to refer back to. I can pm you later with actual links.(I'm at work, shhhhh). Trust me you will begin to see and feel improvement soon after. Also you have to do something about those ends. Do you have a family member whom you trust enough to take a pair of scissors to your hair? I don't. But if you are more concerned with healthy even ends rather than style and you don't want to have to fight anybody up in the salon, family or a good TRUST WORTHY friend may be the way to go. Good luck to you! Believe me I've seen some jacked up starting pics on fotki and when I see the after pics I'm like "that can't be the same girl" That goes to show you that a lot of us have battled serious hair "hot-messiness" everything from breakage to alopecia and our hair have done a complete 180 (not 360 ya'll lol). It's gonna be alright. I promise.:yep:

P.S
If I'm slow getting those links to you feel free to leave me harrasing pm's. It's Friday. I might get a little ahead of myself and forget.lol.

nychaelasymone

Maybe you just need to keep your process simple. I was in your state before and I had to learn to calm down and find the right products that worked for me. I too have 4b hair and it was a raggedy mess. I wash and deep condition once a week with Aveda damage remedy (expensive) but a proven good balance for me and I rollerset. Throughout the week, I just apply daily moisturizers to my hair, wrap w/ a silk scarf, and sometimes I get dry scalp and I need a little oil and I apply it. Just find out what your hair needs are. I think you are doing too much and like some others said here, take pictures and track your progress that way. I still have some hair issues but the ladies here are very supportive and smart and can help you with them. 4b hair can be really fragile and everyone in the 4b family is different....your diet, stress, and daily manipulation can determine hair health.

Personally, I would suggest that you simplify your routine, gauge your hair health and not length, and be patient. Also, if you need a trim, then have someone you trust dust your ends but if you have damage and its better to cut a little off, than you may have to go that route as well. It's hair....it will grow....continue to figure out what works for you to curve breakage and retain length and you will be fine.

Calm down....it's gonna be okay

Tyra

ive been on a mission to get this hair to grow and be healthy for a good 5 years now =[
Well, you're here now and it will not take another 5 years. Trust. Don't be discouraged. I'm gonna pray for you and your hair tonight. Yes I am going to specifically mention your hair. What? :perplexed God already knows how I get down.

Kiki82

- ors hair mayo
- ors replenishing pak

- nexxus keraphix 2x/mo

or replace in my reggie?

or add?

First I would clarify and do a protein treatment (ors replenshing pak) go under the dryer for 15 minutes. Rinse. Then Do a DC something like Keracare Humecto....same steps and rinse. Airdry and style.

hth,
Kiki82

Jetblackhair

- ors hair mayo
- ors replenishing pak

- nexxus keraphix 2x/mo

or replace in my reggie?

or add?

I think you are using too much protein and your hair is rebelling because there is too much going on. The ORS Cremy Aloe Shampoo is very drying to my hair and almost acts like a clarifier, so using this twice a month plus another clarifier may be stripping your hair, IMHO.

I would keep everything simple, a good poo (no sulfates), 1 light protein conditioner, 1 moisturizing conditioner, 1 great moisturizer & oil to seal.
You can also use 1 of your reconstructors.

It's best to use a minimal amount of products to know what is working for you. When you use too many, it's hard to get to the root of the problem.

Start keeping a daily journal when you use your products so that you can chart what's working and what's not working. If you need to make changes, only add 1 product at a time.

HTH

andreab

you may not need to manipulate it so much. start washing only once a week.

I also agree with what everyone else is saying. However I would also suggest you wash once a week. Try using one shampoo and stick with that one until it runs out or you find one that you really really like. You can have an many as you want but until you find the right regime stick to one shampoo at a time.