Ladies who make thier own sulfur mixes please come in and share.

hair4romheaven

I plan on making a sulfur mix but have a few questions and also would like to learn from the ladies that have made their own.

Where did you buy your sulfur powder from?
What was the exact name of the sulfur purchased?
What did you mix it with?
How did you mix/infuse it?
What were the pros/cons of using this mix?

Anything else you can think of pertaining to sulfur mixes please add :grin:

tri3nity

Well I purchased mine from CVS. Had the pharmacist order it. Called Flowers of sulfur and It's a pretty large jar for $10. Thing is, I haven't used it yet. don't know what to do with it. PJ in me bought it and now its under my sink.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
OP do a search on Den1 she was a member here and she gave a measurement for hers. I use to use that one but can'tremember the measurements off hand so long ago. I got mine from walgreens, in the pharmacy dept. If you are having trouble obtaining it, let me know, I have two bottle big bottles you can have if you want to pay for the shipping. Just PM if you want it....

Leesh

Hello Sweetie, I am currently just finishing up My last batch, I use, Humco's Flowers of Sulfur, which would be the same as Sublimed Sulfur or Precipitated Sulfur, meaning all impurities have been lifted away, I purchased it from here:

http://www.medichest.com/sulfurpowdersublimedusp4oz.html

The recipe I use is from a Member here, it calls for 1 slightley heaping teaspoon of Sulfur to 4 ounces of whatever Oils You choose, regardless of how much of one or the other, it should equal 4 ounces, and thats not including Your Essentials, My first batch I doubled the recipe, so I used, 2 teaspoons of Sulfur, 4 ounces of EVOO, 2 ounces of Jojoba, 2 ounces of Castor which equals 8 ounces, I also put 5 to 6 dashes of Rosemary and Peppermint Essentials. HTH!

ETA: I used a 8 ounce applicator bottle with the ounces written on the side.

tri3nity

Hello Sweetie, I am currently just finishing up My last batch, I use, Humco's Flowers of Sulfur, which would be the same as Sublimed Sulfur or Precipitated Sulfur, meaning all impurities have been lifted away, I purchased it from here:

The recipe I use is from a Member here, it calls for 1 slightley heaping teaspoon of Sulfur to 4 ounces of whatever Oils You choose, regardless of how much of one or the other, it should equal 4 ounces, and thats not including Your Essentials, My first batch I doubled the recipe, so I used, 2 teaspoons of Sulfur, 4 ounces of EVOO, 2 ounces of Jojoba, 2 ounces of Castor which equals 8 ounces, I also put 5 to 6 dashes of Rosemary and Peppermint Essentials. HTH!

How long have you been using this? Are you getting good growth? I have all of these ingredients, so I want to try it out. So, also how do you use it, daily, pre-shampoo?

Leesh

Yes Mam, I did, I've been using it since September, during My 6 Month stretch, I am an extreme slow grower at .33 per Month, while using this I got at least twice that amount. I used it every other night right before bed, and I put a conditioner cap on as to not get the oils on my bedding, but I did cut the top off cause I didn't want it to be sopping wet by the Morning. But it is definately worth a try, its better knowing exactly whats in Your Growth Aid, as opposed to something pre-mixed, don't get Me wrong I've used MTG and it worked wonders, but the Oils they used were suspect.

ETA: Now being as though I was stretching, I had cornrows in under wigs, so I didn't wash that often,You can use as often as You like, especially if You wash often.

Vintageglam

Leesh is this the odourless Sulphur you were talking about?

TIA:grin:

ETA: They want $90 to ship this to the UK :shocked: . If any of you US ladies are happy to help a sista out, please PM me as I am happy to fund you a jar or two if you are happy to just forward my jar to me standard delivery. I will of course pay for all the product and postage costs....

Last edited:

rben

ETA: They want $90 to ship this to the UK :shocked: . If any of you US ladies are happy to help a sista out, please PM me as I am happy to fund you a jar or two if you are happy to just forward my jar to me standard delivery. I will of course pay for all the product and postage costs....

Hi,

you can get it from www.baldwins.co.uk or pop into their shop if you live anywhere near Elephant & Castle. I order online and it's very cheap, about £5 including postage :grin:

Bigghair

The yellow sulfur, flowers of sulfur,(precipitated sulfur) is not odorless. MSM sulfur is odorless. Both of these can be mixed in oils or other hair products. MSM is also water soluble.

HeChangedMyName

I plan on making a sulfur mix but have a few questions and also would like to learn from the ladies that have made their own.

Where did you buy your sulfur powder from?
What was the exact name of the sulfur purchased?
What did you mix it with?
How did you mix/infuse it?
What were the pros/cons of using this mix?

Anything else you can think of pertaining to sulfur mixes please add :grin:

I got mine from a convenience store. Still not sure why they had it, but I snatched it up soon as I saw it's dusty self on the shelf. :lachen:

Flowers of Sulfur but I don't remember the brand. I'll check when I go home.

I mixed it with unrefined coconut oil

I just put it in an empty jar that I had and stirred it up real good.

No cons, I didn't use it consistently enough to notice any major results. I did see more retention and have determined that my hair grows at an average rate. I plan to use it more consistently for the next six months so hopefully in six months I will have three to five.. .six would be awesome inches of hair for ya. :)

Leesh

I don't believe mine have much of any smell at all, Of course I didn't sniff it, but Its rather pleasant actually, People misconstrue the stinkiness of MTG to any Sulfur, when in actuality the smell is the Cade Oil ,not the Sulfur, I'm sure their may be some smell to Pure Sulfur, but its not bad at all, not overwhelming that is.

SiobhanM

The flowers of sulfur i smelled didnt stank. ...
you can mix it with whatever oils u want.
Im going to mix it with some castor oil for thickness, camellia oil for growth and softness, and also some peppermint and rosemary essential oil for a pleasant smell and growth stimulation.

I may add some ayurvedic oils in there just for the heck of it.
But ill start off simple. with sulfur, castor, camellia, rosemary, and peppermint.

Spin

I haven't tried this but I found this one online. I think the poster is also on LHCF.

just realized I could make the recipe myself for cheaper.

2 teaspoons of sulfur (purchased from ebay)
4 oz. jojoba oil (craft or health food store)
3 oz. olive oil (grocery store)
4 oz coconut oil (grocery store)
10 drops essential oil (craft or health food store)

rben

This is the sulphur I have (I love Bladwin's Oils and products btw) but this sulphur still STINKS to high heaven....

That's strange as I got mine from Baldwins and it doesn't smell at all. I've mixed 2 heaped teaspoons with 8oz of EVOO and some of my Ayurvedic powders and it all smells fine, just a bit herby (I know herby is not a word :grin:)

Last edited:

flowinlocks

The flowers of sulfur i smelled didnt stank. ...
you can mix it with whatever oils u want.
Im going to mix it with some castor oil for thickness, camellia oil for growth and softness, and also some peppermint and rosemary essential oil for a pleasant smell and growth stimulation.

I may add some ayurvedic oils in there just for the heck of it.
But ill start off simple. with sulfur, castor, camellia, rosemary, and peppermint.

:yep:
I'm planning on adding sulfur to my Ayurvedic oils this year.

That's strange as I got mine from Baldwins and it doesn't smell at all. I've mixed 2 heaped teaspoons with 8oz of EVOO and some of my Ayurvedic powders and it all smells fine, just a bit herby (I know herby is not a word :grin:)

Let us know how this works out.

DaRKNLuVLy

I use flowers of sulfur as well. I bought it off of amazon. I'm not sure of the exact measurements, but I made it kinda based off of the Sulu Max Gro. I mix it with rosemary oil, castor oil, evoo, peppermint oil, and glycerin.

Vintageglam

I'm going to have to give it another try? Maybe it was the oils I used or some essential oil. In any case I will try to concoct once more and hopefully this time it won't smell. I might start off with maybe 100ml and 1 Teaspoon of sulphur to see how that goes.

Thanks once again rben. :grin:

Mahalialee4

Try not to add stinky smelling essential oils to it. It will smell like what you add to it. Some of those essential oils smell like grandma's medicine chest and that is not fine!