Is Your Homemade Sulfur Mix BETTER THAN/AS GOOD AS commercial sulfur products?

Homemade Sulfur Mix vs. Commercial Sulfur Products (MTG, MegaTek, etc)

• My sulfur mix is better than commercial sulfur products

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • My sulfur mix IS as good as commercial sulfur products

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My sulfur mix IS NOT as good as commercial sulfur products

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I can't see a difference between my sulfur mix and commercial sulfur products

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sonychari

Hello. I have been reading about sulfur all day because I want to use it to fill in my edges. I have read good and bad things about MegaTek, MTG, Sulfr8, etc. I have also read that a lot of you make your own sulfur mix.

For those of you who have experience with both homemade sulfur mixes and commercial sulfur products, what are the pros/cons of homemade vs. commercial and why?

TIA

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
sonychari

I prefer to make my own sulfur products because I can control the strength and smell. I was using Sulfur 8 and Glovers Mane but didn't want to keep using the mineral oil/petrolatum so I decided to make my own.

Hope that helps.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I don't know yet. I just started using it May 1st but if I can get anywhere from 1 inch monthly I'll be pleased.

sonychari

QueenAmaka, Were you getting results with sulfur8/glovers? How long have you been using your own mix? Do you notice that you're getting the same benefits with your mix as you did with the commercial products?

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
My sulfur mix is better because its cheaper, all natural, and highly concentrated. I like that I have full control of the ingredients; I know what oils work for my scalp, I can infuse the oils with my own herbs, and I don't have to worry about an overpowering scent or greasy feeling. HTH! :)

sonychari

My sulfur mix is better because its cheaper, all natural, and highly concentrated. I like that I have full control of the ingredients; I know what oils work for my scalp, I can infuse the oils with my own herbs, and I don't have to worry about an overpowering scent or greasy feeling. HTH! :)

Have you ever used commercial sulfur products? Do you find that your homemade mix give you the same or better growth results?

sbfairy

I've used Claudies and I've made my own. I don't see any difference. I use my mix a few times a week. The only reason I continue to use it is that my scalp gets really dry and I need to put something on it. I figure to just throw in the sulfur just in case.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Have you ever used commercial sulfur products? Do you find that your homemade mix give you the same or better growth results?

sonychari I've used Wild Growth Oil with sulfur added :)nono: I may have been allergic to one of the oils used in the WGO formulation) and I've used Sulfur8 waaaaay back in the day. I didn't have results from either of them, but I also lacked healthy hair practices and a regimen. Better hair practices + Better ingredients = Better results for my hair. :yep:

My results are biased :lol: b/c I'm a big DIY/Indie hair care advocate. I would much rather order from Bee Mine or Claudie's than use a commercial sulfur product.

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
QueenAmaka, Were you getting results with sulfur8/glovers? How long have you been using your own mix? Do you notice that you're getting the same benefits with your mix as you did with the commercial products?

My mix is definitely better than those commercially available. I was getting some results with Glovers Mane and Sulfur 8 but my hair/scalp was constantly dry. With my mix I don't have to worry about the dryness. I and a few partners actually began marketing our new mix to the general public and have not had any negative reviews. I've been using my mix for over 2 years.

HeChangedMyName

I can't think of any cons. I love my mix. i know what my hair and scalp need and i include those in my mix. plus i can pronounce everything in it. . .except ylang ylang(lol)

HeChangedMyName

sn: i really need to market these things. i have two and have succefully used one to grow in my edges from postpartum shedding twice, its just so expensive to make quality products