Making My Own MTG

vtoodler

I want to use MTG, but it is way too stinky for me. I just can't take it anymore. So, I'm going to make my own MTG.

I will purchase pure sulfur powder from the Internet and mix it with one of the following oils:

1. Grape seed oil

2. Castor oil

3. Olive oil

4. Coconut oil

I wanted to use wheat germ oil, but I hear that it quickly goes rancid.

Has anyone else ever done this, and do you have any advice for me? Further, how do you decide how much sulfur to use, and where did you get your sulfur powder?

Also, is sulfur powder essentially MSM?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I want to use MTG, but it is way too stinky for me. I just can't take it anymore. So, I'm going to make my own MTG.

I will purchase pure sulfur powder from the Internet and mix it with one of the following oils:

1. Grape seed oil

2. Castor oil

3. Olive oil

4. Coconut oil

I wanted to use wheat germ oil, but I hear that it quickly goes rancid.

Has anyone else ever done this, and do you have any advice for me? Further, how do you decide how much sulfur to use, and where did you get your sulfur powder?

Also, is sulfur powder essentially MSM?

There is a recipe of sorts posted in one of the Sulfur Challenges (check for 2010's challenge). I added grapeseed, castor and argan oil (I think to mine) with 1 tsp of sulfur. But, I know I posted my recipe there.

Also, MSM is another form of sulfur as is garlic. I take both orally and use the sulfur powder I purchased from Amazon. Its too bad we can't figure out a way to share a bottle because I have a bottle of that stuff that will last forever.

growinghealthyhair

Mzteaze, I did not know that about MSM/Garlic.

I'm wanting to make a sulfur mix myself. Where are you ladies getting it from? I'm so afraid to get the wrong kind.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Mzteaze, I did not know that about MSM/Garlic.

I'm wanting to make a sulfur mix myself. Where are you ladies getting it from? I'm so afraid to get the wrong kind.

You will want to purchase sublimed sulfur. It was about $4 from Amazon or you can check with your local health food store.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Sulfur-Powder...D5AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299181697&sr=8-1

Just keep in mind, when you open the bottle, please protect yourself with a lightweight dust mask and try to keep the powder from going airborne as much as possible (i.e. do not measure out near a fan). Its simply because the powder can be harsh if inhaled.