Questions about Sealing...break it down for me like I'm a 4 year old, please...

Diva_Esq

Ladies,

I am trying to make sure I am sealing my ends correctly, since I am in the Healthy Ends challenge.

How (description of physical acts...what you do with your hands, the oils, your hair, how you apply the sealant) do you go about sealing your ends?

Do you seal on wet hair after it has been washed/ conditioned?

What products/ oils do you use to seal?

What results have you seen from sealing that differ from your pre-sealing hair?

Thanks in advance! :)

MissLawyerLady

I'm not an expert by any means, but I seal my ends by applying oil with my hands to the last two to three inches of hair. (I also apply oil to my entire head, but really concentrate on the ends).

When wet- after DC and applying leave-in- I seal all over with light bit of oil. On dry hair I moisturized all over and seal with oil. I always use a little more moisture and oil to seal on dry hair than on wet.

I also seal heavier in cold weather than I do in warmer weather. HTH.

Diva_Esq

I'm not an expert by any means, but I seal my ends by applying oil with my hands to the last two to three inches of hair. (I also apply oil to my entire head, but really concentrate on the ends).

When wet- after DC and applying leave-in- I seal all over with light bit of oil. On dry hair I moisturized all over and seal with oil. I always use a little more moisture and oil to seal on dry hair than on wet.

Ok, I'm doing it right! Helps a lot! Thanks, Midwestern girl! ;)

More responses and techniques/ products are welcome, ladies. :)

wannabelong

ITA with the entire post.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I seperate my hair by the ends into 3 sections (the back and the sides). I use my palms only and smooth product down the last 3 inches of my hair. It's the least amount of manipulation for me.
Hth.

liberationtheory

I seperate my hair by the ends into 3 sections (the back and the sides). I use my palms only and smooth product down the last 3 inches of my hair. It's the least amount of manipulation for me.
Hth.

I do something similar. I divide my hair in half (because that's how I wash and condition it anyway), then divide each of those halves into thirds. Then I apply the oil or oil-based cream to those sections to make sure that I get all my hair and not just the outer-most layer.

hth

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
separate hair in half or fourths
moisturize with a pea size amt(rubbed in hands) of moisturizer per side + a little more for ends
take pea size amounts of oil at a time and rub hands together then apply
Voila!