Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

me-T

I have not but once I send in my 2nd sample in 2 or 3 months, I may ask for recommendations. I do want to try a DC from them because it has no protein in it. Those are hard to come by.

idk if you're an "ingredient snob", but elasta qp dpr11 is awesome. i did an overnight dc with it this past weekend, and when i rinsed it out, the dryness and tangles went with it. thumbs up:yep:

faithVA

[USER=53491 said:
me-T[/USER];16475925]idk if you're an "ingredient snob", but elasta qp dpr11 is awesome. i did an overnight dc with it this past weekend, and when i rinsed it out, the dryness and tangles went with it. thumbs up:yep:

Thanks me-T. I am an ingredient snob :lol: I am low porosity so my hair and silicones have a falling out. I have looked at it though. She told me my hair wasn't going to like much so to just keep my products simple. She's right over the past 2 years, there isn't very much it likes. My hair doesn't do anything with overnight DC's either :lol: She gave me a lot of good tips for my hair and combatting the dryness.

Definitely glad you have something that works for you though.

me-T

dang... i'm trying to think for you... i don't remember trying any natural conditioners that really helped (otherwise, i'd still be using it, lol)

faithVA

[USER=53491 said:
me-T[/USER];16476081]dang... i'm trying to think for you... i don't remember trying any natural conditioners that really helped (otherwise, i'd still be using it, lol)

Aw, thanks. It's ok. She said my current stash will work. I still have to get a cut and then I can proceed from there. She said there isn't much hope for combatting the dryness until I cut it. I get it cut next weekend, so I should be good to go. :yep: Can't wait.

Last edited:

yodie

Sending my questionnaire off today.
faithVA, what products are you sticking to?
I notice that my hair isn't impressed by a lot of different products, so I don't try many (anymore). Can't wait to see what they say.

Leslie_C

Aw, thanks. It's ok. She said my current stash will work. I still have to get a cut and then I can proceed from there. She said there isn't much hope for combatting the dryness until I cut it. I get it cut next weekend, so I should be good to go. :yep: Can't wait.

faithVA Please share pics when you cut your hair! Does it really have to be all at once? :( You are taking it better than me and its your hair lol. But Im transitioning and have overprocessed, broken off hair that seemed hopeless. I cut several inches off, but I left enough to be able to put it up bc I tend t get busy or lazy and not feel like doing something to my hair every day. Im the person who used to hate buns, but I love them now for convenience. Anyway my hair is chronicaly dry, but finding the right combo of products has made my hair do a 180..its soft now and holds moisture much better. Still have mild breakage but the relaxed ends are on their way out eventually anyway. I can understand wanting to have a clean slate to start from though. I cant wait to be natural so I can have a clean slate too...but I cant bring myself to cut it all of at once. Wish I had your ambition! :yep:

faithVA

[USER=17046 said:
yodie[/USER];16476277]Sending my questionnaire off today.
@faithVA, what products are you sticking to?
I notice that my hair isn't impressed by a lot of different products, so I don't try many (anymore). Can't wait to see what they say.

I don't have much
-- AO White Camellia and AO Blue Chamomile
and
--Deva Curl products

I still have my Terressentials mudwash, KCCC and some glycerin sprays. I will decide later if I will keep them or not.

She pretty much told me to avoid the typical: cones, sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, petroleum, and protein treatments.

And to go use lighter more watery products. And don't use more than 2 leave-in type products on my hair at 1 time.

faithVA

@faithVA Please share pics when you cut your hair! Does it really have to be all at once? :( You are taking it better than me and its your hair lol. But Im transitioning and have overprocessed, broken off hair that seemed hopeless. I cut several inches off, but I left enough to be able to put it up bc I tend t get busy or lazy and not feel like doing something to my hair every day. Im the person who used to hate buns, but I love them now for convenience. Anyway my hair is chronicaly dry, but finding the right combo of products has made my hair do a 180..its soft now and holds moisture much better. Still have mild breakage but the relaxed ends are on their way out eventually anyway. I can understand wanting to have a clean slate to start from though. I cant wait to be natural so I can have a clean slate too...but I cant bring myself to cut it all of at once. Wish I had your ambition! :yep:

No I don't have to cut it all at once. She said I could trim it every 4 to 6 weeks. But I have been struggling with my hair for 2.5 years. I'm just tired of it already. And without cutting it I risk having the hair split further, just making it take that much longer. There are more benefits to cutting it all of now then waiting.

--I get to enjoy at least 3 months of wash and go hair. :yay:
--In 6 months my hair should be longer than it is now
--I can finally find my staples and what works
--I can know what healthy ends look and feel like
--I can focus on thickening up my hair and restoring my scalp
--I will use less product

I could go on :lol: Yes, I'm excited.

I understand not wanting to cut it. I have been there. I should have cut my hair a long time ago but I tried to save it. Now I'm over it.

virtuenow

Okay, I think I'm gonna do this. I redid my install about 2 weeks ago, but saved all the shed hair. I think I will send in all the hair (its a lot!). I have some things figured out about my hair, but still working on finalizing this moisture project-- and I believe I am high porosity but I've been told otherwise.

virtuenow

No I don't have to cut it all at once. She said I could trim it every 4 to 6 weeks. But I have been struggling with my hair for 2.5 years. I'm just tired of it already. And without cutting it I risk having the hair split further, just making it take that much longer. There are more benefits to cutting it all of now then waiting.

--I get to enjoy at least 3 months of wash and go hair. :yay:
--In 6 months my hair should be longer than it is now
--I can finally find my staples and what works
--I can know what healthy ends look and feel like
--I can focus on thickening up my hair and restoring my scalp
--I will use less product

I could go on :lol: Yes, I'm excited.

I understand not wanting to cut it. I have been there. I should have cut my hair a long time ago but I tried to save it. Now I'm over it.
Did they tell you the splits will go up further? Did they suggest you cut all at once. It sounds like a good idea though!

faithVA

Did they tell you the splits will go up further? Did they suggest you cut all at once. It sounds like a good idea though!

Yes the splits will go further up until I cut it. She said I could try getting a trim every 4 to 6 weeks and get a professional protein treatment. She could guarantee that it would work but if I was unwilling to cut it was my only other option. I could hear in her voice that she was just saying it because she felt sorry for me :lol:, not because she believed it would work.

Ogoma

I don't have much
-- AO White Camellia and AO Blue Chamomile
and
--Deva Curl products

I still have my Terressentials mudwash, KCCC and some glycerin sprays. I will decide later if I will keep them or not.

She pretty much told me to avoid the typical: cones, sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, petroleum, and protein treatments.

And to go use lighter more watery products. And don't use more than 2 leave-in type products on my hair at 1 time.

Is there a reason you might do away with the mudwash? Did she say anything about it?

faithVA

[USER=334345 said:
Ogoma[/USER];16479959]Is there a reason you might do away with the mudwash? Did she say anything about it?

No she didn't say anything about it. I haven't decided to get rid of it yet. I just need to try it on my hair after the cut to see how it works. After using the Deva Curl I now have something to compare it with to see how it leaves my hair.

But I will probably only have 1 shampoo in my stash. So when I run out of mudwash and I still like the Deva Curl products I will probably switch over.

The main reason I will be getting rid of stuff is because I would like to just have the basics and only 1 or 2 products I am trying out at any given time.

Ogoma

faithVA: makes sense. I love the mudwash, right now I consider it a HG product for me. If the DevaCurl shampoo works as well, I am impressed.

faithVA

[USER=334345 said:
Ogoma[/USER];16480039]@faithVA: makes sense. I love the mudwash, right now I consider it a HG product for me. If the DevaCurl shampoo works as well, I am impressed.

I love the mudwash too. It is the only product I think I have every given glowing reviews. But I have never used the mudwash on healthy hair :ohwell: So if it worked that well on damaged hair I can't wait to see how it works on a full head of healthy hair. I will definitely let you know. :yep:

I will be getting rid of the lavender. I only have love for the left coast lemon :yep:

faithVA

I know a few of you have been trying to help me through my cut phase. The funny thing is I am more concerned that he may not cut off enough versus he cut off too much.

My ends have been damaged so long that I don't know what my real hair is like. And I would love to know what that feels like. I am actually more worried that he will cut off what he things is damaged and leave some damaged ends. Then I get home and in a week or two my damaged ends return and I have to ruin my hair cut trying to trim my own ends. :cry:

I would rather he shave my head than he leave 1 bad piece of hair on my head. I just can't take it any more.

Ogoma

:bighug: It will be fine. Can you tell the difference between the damaged and healthy portion of your hair? Watch and direct him if need be. Maybe bring in pics of your slides so he can get a feel for what you are going for.

faithVA

:bighug: It will be fine. Can you tell the difference between the damaged and healthy portion of your hair? Watch and direct him if need be. Maybe bring in pics of your slides so he can get a feel for what you are going for.

No I can't really tell the difference. I am hoping he can tell. I want him to take it to at least 2 inches. I am fine if he cuts it back to 1". I'm afraid to have it any longer than that.

I do plan on taking my laptop with me so I can show him.

I'm sure it will be fine. I think I'm just anxious to have it over with. I have to keep myself busy to keep the scissors and the trimmers out of my own hands :look:

faithVA

[USER=10150 said:
virtuenow[/USER];16480215]@faithVA if you have the mudwash, can't you do away with shampoos? It thought it was a replacement for shampoo.

It is a replacement. But one thing I have noticed about the Deva Curl products is that they work well with each other. This isn't a line I think its good to pick and choose. So I have the try the mudwash with the conditioner first before I try to replace the Deva Curl shampoo. The mudwash may not work as well with it.

coyacoy

Cruzankink said:
coyacoy Thanx for this useful thread! I'm gonna take advantage of this service hopefully no more guess work...

Cruzankink....yeah! So glad you are going to do it! Happy you found this thread useful :) please be sure to share your results with us and us the customer referral code to get your 5% discount! ;-)

faithVA

@faithVA why would he not cut off enough?

I don't know that he won't. I'm just anxious :lol: And my mind is all over the place.

When I spoke to him over the phone, I got the impression that he didn't really like to cut hair short. But I am hoping that he will care more about the health of the ends vs. whether it is long or not.

I'm also not sure if he will be able to tell how far up the damage goes. So if the damage goes up to 2" but he only sees it at 3" he may cut it to 3" and stop.

I am optimistic though and ready. I only have 6 more days to go :yay:

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I got my questionnaire and envelopes, so I'm about to get started!

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app

Onhergrind09

I sent off my questionnaire and sample a few days ago, I'm waiting for my confirmation email telling me that they've received it.