Komaza Hair Analysis

Daina

I have had hair analysis from Komaza Care and Gooseprints and I was satisfied with the results of both. I had the Komaza Care analysis first because I like that it comes with a call to review the results. About a year later I had the Gooseprints analysis to see if there was a difference in the health of my hair. The Gooseprints analysis is very thorough but there is not a call to review the results. However, you can send any follow-up questions via e-mail and they are very good about getting back to you with a complete response. I plan to do another follow-up with Gooseprints in October because it will be a year after my first analysis with them.

Also, the price of Gooseprints is more palatable.

@Rozlewis, was your hair in better condition a year after the Komaza analysis and suggestions when you did the Gooseprints follow-up?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I had an analysis with Komaza and it was a game changer. I documented it on my blog here and here. I incorporated all of their recommendations, although with much hesitation, but it worked. The only thing I didn't like was the damage control serum they recommended but everything else has been a hit!

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Oh jeesh. It's been so long that I can hardly remember.

I don't think that I sent in very much. I know that I had to collect the hair over a couple of wash sessions because I'm not a big shedder. Maybe 25-50?
This is why I never had an analysis. I don't shed much either.

snoop

Thanks for sharing your experience. So many people have posted how their hair improved after the analysis and implementing the recommended changes. Every time I think about doing it, I get paranoid that Komaza is going to turn my DNA over to the feds. Lol.

Thanks again! I may try your changes since I also have high porosity hair.

The bold EXACTLY! HAHA! Before I did my analysis I asked what they did with the samples after. I was told they keep them for 2 weeks then destroy.

I think they ask for something like 100 hairs. I'm not sure what 100 looked like and I wasn't about to count. Apparently, I sent it too much.

ajargon02

Are they still offering this service. I went to the site and it said no results found when I clicked hair analysis.
They close submissions from time to time. Imho, it was worth the money and the wait.
I would wait till they are taking clients and just get the analysis from them

Kinky4Agirl

When I called komaza, they told me they get so many submissions that they close it down for a few weeks so people won't have to wait forever to get their analysis due to back log. I think that's a good practice and good customer service. I'd hate to send my hair in April and not get anything back til September. Not to mention all the calls they would receive everyday. She even answered some questions I had about my hair. Great company!

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^^I'm just glad that I'm not the only person who thought of that. Lol. I don't need no government agencies knocking on my door talking about they found out I had bootlegged cable in 1996 because komaza done turned over my last 5 strands of hair. Lol.
:lachen:

Kinky4Agirl

Thanks so much for this link. I think I'll go with goose footprints since komaaza is back logged right now. And goose footprints says we can cut our hair close to the root and send it in where komaaza only wants shed hairs. I'm not a shedder so this is a good alternative.

Rozlewis

@Rozlewis, was your hair in better condition a year after the Komaza analysis and suggestions when you did the Gooseprints follow-up?

@Daina

Yes, my hair was in better shape after the Komaza Care hair analysis. That was largely due to their recommendations and me taking matters into my own hands. For example, I stop going to the salon and learned to take care of my own hair. I did he Gooseprints about two years after the Komaza Care analysis. Mainly because I wanted a follow-up but I did not want to pay the Komaza Care cost. I knew my hair was improving because I could see it in how it was behaving. The Gooseprints analysis was very thoroughly. Other than the follow-up call there was no real difference. Also, Gooseprints make recommendations on ingredients that should work best in your hair which enables you do to get products off the ground that contain the recommended ingredients. I actually think I liked it better.

October will be the one year mark for me and I will get another Gooseprints analysis to see if there has been a difference since the last one.

Daina

Good Afternoon All, I know a few were interested in pursuing a hair analysis with Komaza. They are back to accepting new hair analysis orders. I placed mine already and will be submitting my sample after this week's cleansing routine.